So Obama smokes. Does it matter?

Political photo parodies, jokes, and more!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Does it say something about the man? :rolleyes:
SlipStream

Post by SlipStream »

nit picking:D
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

SlipStream;1063904 wrote: nit picking:D
Yup. Poll's open.
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

Accountable;1063900 wrote: Does it say something about the man? :rolleyes:

yes it says he smokes
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
SlipStream

Post by SlipStream »

Accountable;1063906 wrote: Yup. Poll's open.

so do ya think he'll be any different from Bush?
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

SlipStream;1063908 wrote: so do ya think he'll be any different from Bush?

did bush smoke
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

SlipStream;1063908 wrote: so do ya think he'll be any different from Bush?

el guapo;1063909 wrote: did bush smoke
Not as far as I know. Maybe back when he drank.
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

Accountable;1063910 wrote: Not as far as I know. Maybe back when he drank.

so what ya are saying is that bush was a drunk who may have also smoked

but he didnt inhale
SlipStream

Post by SlipStream »

be it UK or USA I think their in it 4 themselfs:D
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

it doesn't bother me, I smoke too. :D
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

sunny104;1063975 wrote: it doesn't bother me, I smoke too. :D

Most Politicians in Britain smoke. I think possibly our Prime Minister smokes as well.

I don't care what they do as long as they run the country properly.

I can just imagine Obama sparking up a cigg during the inauguration. That would be brilliant. :wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I don't get the point of this. It isn't news. :-2

I quit last december and so I noticed when I read or heard about him smoking and trying to quit a few times during the campaign. He did a doctors thing on it some time in the summer too.:thinking:

When I did smoke I don't think I would have liked it on camera... it isn't the most flattering thing I've ever seen when seeing my smoking reflection in a window or mirror..

but then again non-smoking aint much to look at either...:D
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Odie

Post by Odie »

does it really matter as long as he runs your country well?:rolleyes:
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1064039 wrote: Most Politicians in Britain smoke. I think possibly our Prime Minister smokes as well.He doesn't do it by half, he positively fumes.

I bet it'll worry President-elect Obama's security detail if he's for ever stepping out the back door of the White House whenever the urge for a cigarette takes him.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1064176 wrote: He doesn't do it by half, he positively fumes.

I bet it'll worry President-elect Obama's security detail if he's for ever stepping out the back door of the White House whenever the urge for a cigarette takes him.

:yh_rotfl That's funny Or Obama accidently dropping a fag end in the bin and the Whitehouse goes up in smoke.... All without Bush's help.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

What next??? Will they be claiming that a respected British Politician delivered a right hook to a protesters jaw?

I forgot, he did. :yh_rotfl
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Smokers can also be compassionate, reliable, intelligent, articulate, respectable, honorable, etc. So.....our President is human.

Do you reckon he'd let me bum one off him?

:D
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

along-for-the-ride;1064686 wrote: Smokers can also be compassionate, reliable, intelligent, articulate, respectable, honorable, etc. So.....our President is human.

Do you reckon he'd let me bum one off him?

:D

I was wondering that too. We have another name for a cigg here. It's called a 'fag'. Something entirely different from a fag in America.

I can just imagine the scene in the Whitehouse. Obama runs out.. turns to Biden and say's..Can i bum a fag off you?? :yh_rotfl
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Hoss;1064705 wrote: So he doesn't have enough will power to quit a habit, that speaks to a lack of character. I guess it's too late to take votes back eh?

That speaks to him being a human being, Hoss. I don't think he ran as a man without anything to improve about himself. The articles I read implied that this isn't the first time he's quit or tried to quit. But he keeps trying Hoss. He doesn't give up. He strives to do better. And it's a hard road, quiting smoking.

This is my second time I've quit smoking, Hoss. First time was for almost 10 years. Not once during those 10 years or this past year, have I felt superior to anyone I saw smoking. Not once have I judged them as lacking character.

Any bad habit is hard to break. biting your nails, picking your nose, even overeating.

You can judge your fellow man because he fails at something. I prefer to judge him because he tries. :-6
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Oscar Namechange

Hoss;1064736 wrote: I'm sorry, I don’t want trying, I want doing. I expect our president to be extraordinary, not perfect, but extraordinary. Yes it's tough to quit a habit. But he's got the eyes of children watching and he ought to remember that.

It's called leadership, and until we hold them to a higher standard to lead, we won't have leadership.Exactly the same with British Politicians and the government, we the tax payer pay's the wages. We have a right to expect high standards from them but i don't think smoking is a big deal. If it was revealed that he drank, then it would bother me.
watermark

Post by watermark »

The only thing I'd wonder about would be his ability to maintain composure in tough situations without lighting up. He may have to be somewhere for over a couple hours where smoking isn't politically correct or where he feels he doesn't want to blow smoke in people's faces, then what should he do? If it were me I'd have a fit if I couldn't light up.
guppy

Post by guppy »

I could care less if he smokes..he is human..as long as he stays in all designated smoking areas and doesnt smoke anywhere its illegal..:p
Oscar Namechange

watermark;1064741 wrote: The only thing I'd wonder about would be his ability to maintain composure in tough situations without lighting up. He may have to be somewhere for over a couple hours where smoking isn't politically correct or where he feels he doesn't want to blow smoke in people's faces, then what should he do? If it were me I'd have a fit if I couldn't light up.

That's what nicotine patches were invented for

Return to “Political Humor Satire”