Broken Souls

Political photo parodies, jokes, and more!
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Broken Souls

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

“Our souls are broken.” “We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day.”

I do not feel that way. I feel that this is still a land of opportunity and that there is still a great chance for anyone to achieve what he or she desires even with an economy that goes up and down, and when even in down times it is so much better than much of the rest of the world. Our “crisis” economy of 2008 has far lower unemployment and lower inflation than past downturns, the stock market is still over 11,000 DJIA and yet today it seems fashionable to ramp up the whining.

Is your soul broken, are you truly struggling to barely make it every day? :-1

Perhaps you have to be a graduate of Princeton and Harvard and clear half a million a year in income to be able to see into the souls of middle class working Americans who have given up on America or to know what barely making it really means.

Either that or you have to have the insight of Michelle Obama. :confused:
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
along-for-the-ride

Broken Souls

Post by along-for-the-ride »

It would take alot more than just a "struggling economy" to break my soul.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Accountable

Broken Souls

Post by Accountable »

Mrs Obama said that?? :wah: I can't imagine living with such a pessimisic drama queen. One or the other is bad enough, but both together would drive one to smoke in secret.
yaaarrrgg

Broken Souls

Post by yaaarrrgg »

The U.S. is in a pile of sh!t up to it's neck. It doesn't matter what the stock market is at ... a lot of that money is imaginary (as Freddie Mac Fannie May, and Indy Mac, and all the rest are now discovering).
Accountable

Broken Souls

Post by Accountable »

yaaarrrgg;922017 wrote: The U.S. is in a pile of sh!t up to it's neck. It doesn't matter what the stock market is at ... a lot of that money is imaginary (as Freddie Mac Fannie May, and Indy Mac, and all the rest are now discovering).
People line up around teh block for the new I phone and to see the new Batman movie. That's some pile.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Broken Souls

yaaarrrgg;922017 wrote: The U.S. is in a pile of sh!t up to it's neck. It doesn't matter what the stock market is at ... a lot of that money is imaginary (as Freddie Mac Fannie May, and Indy Mac, and all the rest are now discovering).

Nonsense, that is all reflected in the stock market.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Quinnscommentary Blog
RedGlitter

Broken Souls

Post by RedGlitter »

In what context was this said? When I hear broken souls, I don't think about the stock market, I think lack of compassion, lack of spirit, stuff such as that. In which case I would tend to agree that yes, we have some of those, do we not? :confused:
Clint

Broken Souls

Post by Clint »

You can find broken souls in any culture and any form of government. What he is trying to say is that as a country our soul is broken. It becomes a question of perspective and his is one of pessimism. Not only that he has to make people feel like things are broken so he can "change" things.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Broken Souls

First, "he" didn't say this, SHE did.

It has nothing to do with the stock market, it was a stump speech on the campaign trail. And, it seems to me that rather than uplifting it is a reflection of a negative attitude about America in general.

Sure, there are many things that good be better, but it is a bit unusual for any presidential campaign to communicate so negatively about the country as a whole, opponents and the other party yes, but not the country as a whole.

Frankly, this makes me uncomfortable.

Quinnscommentary

Quinnscommentary Blog

Return to “Political Humor Satire”