More political humor from BR

Political photo parodies, jokes, and more!
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college.

Like so many others her age she considered herself to be a very

liberal Democrat and was for distribution of all wealth. She felt deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican which she expressed openly. One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to higher taxes on the rich & the addition of more government welfare programs.

Based on the lectures that she had participated in and the

occasional chat with a professor she felt that for years her father had obviously harbored an evil, even selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his. The self professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father.

He stopped her and asked her point blank, how she was doing in school. She answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain. That she studied all the time, never had time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying. She was taking a more difficult curriculum.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is your good friend Mary doing?"

She replied, "Mary is barely getting by." She continued,

"She barely has a 2.0 GPA," adding, "and all she takes are easy

classes and she never studies." "But Mary is so very popular on

campus, college for her is a blast, she goes to all the parties all

the time and very often doesn't even show up for classes because she is too hung over."

Her father then asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the

Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your 4.0 GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0." He continued, "That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA, and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter visibly shocked by her father's suggestion

angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair! I worked really hard for mine, I did without and Mary has done little or nothing, she played while I worked real hard!"

The father slowly smiled, winked, and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I so thought Mary worked for her tuition, but I liked the turn in this story. Made the point better. :yh_glasse
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

Absolutely excellent!

I must have this to send to my daughter and friends.
Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

That was actually a joke from the 70s. Originally it read:

Her father listened and then asked, "How is your good friend George doing?"

She replied, "George is barely getting by." She continued, "He barely has a 2.0 GPA," adding, "and all he takes are easy classes and he never studies." "But George is so very popular on campus, college for him is a blast, he goes to all the parties all the time and very often doesn't even show up for classes because he is too hung over."
But George had a wealthy father and he was able to use his influence to have George's grades raised to 3.0. George's father later used his influence to keep George from going to Viet Nam.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Benjamin wrote: That was actually a joke from the 70s. Originally it read:

But George had a wealthy father and he was able to use his influence to have George's grades raised to 3.0. George's father later used his influence to keep George from going to Viet Nam.Way to enjoy a joke, Ben. :yh_loser
Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

I forgot to include the punch line...

... and then George grew up to be president of the United States!

Wait a minute... that's not funny.
StupidCowboyTricks

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

Benjamin wrote: That was actually a joke from the 70s. Originally it read:

But George had a wealthy father and he was able to use his influence to have George's grades raised to 3.0. George's father later used his influence to keep George from going to Viet Nam.

LMAO!:wah:
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

observer1

Post by observer1 »

Accountable wrote: Way to enjoy a joke, Ben. :yh_loser

I enjoyed it, didn't you?? :wah:

Return to “Political Humor Satire”