The Weird and the Wacky!

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1489562 wrote: Well, if it's a hippo, there must be water around.

Liquid chocolate maybe. It's where choccy hippos usually come from!
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Hippochoccymus = Chocolate Horse (Hippo actually meaning 'Horse').
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Hippochoccymus sounds about right, FourPart!:wah:
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

I found this quite interesting - shades of Tarzan or Mowgli !

I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Very strange creatures !

FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

I know quite a few of those have appeared on Hoax Slayer's Facebook page.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Who on earth is Hoax Slayer ? I never go on Facebook.
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

Hoax Slayer is another hoax debunker web site. Similar to Snopes
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Thanks LarsMac. I've learned something new today after all !!
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

A woman lives next door to a mosque.

She bought a husky.

He is very nice and does not bite.

But she is now getting complaints from the Imam next door.

She's not sure why……

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vogp-n1-JPA
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

G#Gill;1489959 wrote: I found this quite interesting - shades of Tarzan or Mowgli !

Strange indeed, G#Gill! As LarsMac's avatar used to say " The more people I meet, the more I like my Dog". I can understand that sentiment!
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

G#Gill;1489960 wrote: Very strange creatures !

Fascinating, G#Gill; definitely a good 'find'! One or two of those creatures are either mutants, fakes, or mythical (the 'mermaid') or previously thought to be extinct , but most are currently in existence (the Giant Anaconda, the Giant Salamander of Japan, the Barrel Jellyfish, the Colossal Squid) and very strange to our eyes due to their rarity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coelacanth

This fish was thought to be extinct for millions of years until they started catching them.....Wonder what else is out there?
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

You'll need some volume on and I apologise for the awful voice ! :yh_rotfl

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

I'm sure you will enjoy this video .............:lips: :yh_rotfl

ZAP

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by ZAP »

I was reasonably sure I knew what the meaning was but I thought I'd look it up anyway. Here's what I found:

Bollocks | Definition of Bollocks by Merriam-Webster

Bollocks | Definition of Bollocks by Merriam-Webster

"Seen and Heard. What made you want to look up bollocks? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). "

Shall I say it was G#Gill that made me do it? lol
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

You may, of course, lay the blame at my door if you must :yh_rotfl, and all I would say is that I got it from a song sung by Hale and Pace, a pair of English comedians - and I believe it was aired on the BBC !!!! I also had a good laugh at it, so did my hubby and my son. :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

I hope you were just a teensy bit amused, Zap :wah: :lips:
ZAP

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by ZAP »

Yes, I thought it was terrifically amusing. Quite! :wah:
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

:yh_rotfl

Hey Zap are you off on your travels for Christmas or are you spending Christmas with your daughter ? In any case, do have an enjoyable time whatever and wherever ! :D ;)
ZAP

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1490516 wrote: :yh_rotfl

Hey Zap are you off on your travels for Christmas or are you spending Christmas with your daughter ? In any case, do have an enjoyable time whatever and wherever ! :D ;)

Thanks, Gill. :-4 No, this year I will not be traveling for Christmas. I'll be at home with my daughter who lives next door. I have no travel plans until the end of January when I'll go to the San Jose area for a Super Bowl party at my oldest daughter's place. (I've been doing that for several years.) This year the actual Super Bowl game will be played in San Jose at Levi's stadium which is about 12 miles from dotter's house. That place will be a nightmare! Traffic is already horrible. Now that's not to say if an offer to go to Las Vegas or Palm Springs comes up before that, that I won't pack up my old kit bag. :wah:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pack_Up_Y ... ld_Kit-Bag

Lyrics[edit]

The song is best remembered for its chorus:[]

Pack up your troubles in your old kit-bag, And smile, smile, smile, While you've a Lucifer to light your fag, Smile, boys, that's the style. What's the use of worrying? It never was worth while, so Pack up your troubles in your old kit-bag, And smile, smile, smile

I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!:-4
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Thank you Zap, I expect it will be quiet but we'll enjoy each others company. On Boxing Day we have been invited to a friend's house about 5 miles away, which we will enjoy I know. Jessica goes too as they have a Yorkshire Terrier called Poppy and they get on very well together. Jessica tends to 'mother' the little dog, when the little bundle of mischief stops leaping on poor Jessica. They tire themselves out chasing each other by turns, then flop down together and nod off ! I must try and get a photo of them !

It sounds as if you will have a nice Christmas with your daughter. Not far for you to travel - just hitch over the fence ay ? :wah:
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

That song 'Pack up your troubles' used to be one of my Dad's favourite songs that he would sing when he came home on leave from the WWII, along with another song 'Mares eat oats and does eat oats'. He'd sing them as he approached our front door and I used to think he was singing 'Mersey dotes and dosey dotes and little lamsy tivey'. I was only a tot just beginning to learn words. It wasn't till I was a teenager that I learned the proper words - "Mares eat oats and Does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy, a kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you ?" (all references to various animals). (Doe being a female deer of course and pronounced dow as in low :wah:). Here endeth the first lesson :yh_rotfl That's for the benefit of any guest readers who ain't the faintest idea what I'm on about !

:wah::wah:
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

That reminds me of a Graffito in Nigel Rees' book of Graffiti - Undereath a sign in the Liverpool Docks...

"Mersey Docks & Harbour Board"

Someone had added ...

"And Little Lambs Eat Ivy".
ZAP

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1490765 wrote: That song 'Pack up your troubles' used to be one of my Dad's favourite songs that he would sing when he came home on leave from the WWII, along with another song 'Mares eat oats and does eat oats'. He'd sing them as he approached our front door and I used to think he was singing 'Mersey dotes and dosey dotes and little lamsy tivey'. I was only a tot just beginning to learn words. It wasn't till I was a teenager that I learned the proper words - "Mares eat oats and Does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy, a kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you ?" (all references to various animals). (Doe being a female deer of course and pronounced dow as in low :wah:). Here endeth the first lesson :yh_rotfl That's for the benefit of any guest readers who ain't the faintest idea what I'm on about !

:wah::wah:

My mom used to sing both those songs (and a hundred others) while she rocked my baby brothers to sleep. Her family of father, brothers, sisters & uncles used to have barn dances at their home in Kansas--Saturday nights--and they all had an instrument: fiddles, guitars, piano . . . They said my uncle was one of the best fiddle players around. :guitarist
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

I can remember trying to learn to play the violin. I was banished to the furthest point of the house (It was a 3 storey house and I was right at the top !). I did give it a good try but after 6 months or so, I could not stand the horrible scraping sounds I was making - they sounded worse than scraping finger nails on a chalk board ! I gave it up as a bad job, and a couple of years later I took up the guitar. That was much more to my liking !:yh_rotfl
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Just to get back to the thread title ! :wah:

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Weird and Whacky ? That's what I call the weather that we are getting at the moment ! I feel so very sorry for those poor buggers in Cumbria who have been flooded out of their homes, and now there's another load. :-5 :( Makes me feel guilty in my warm cosy home - and I don't have to have the central heating on except for a short while in the morning and a couple of hours in the evening !

My hubby says he'll probably have to give the lawn another cut !! But it is now officially WINTER ! The evenings will now be getting lighter longer :rolleyes: The Spring flowers are already coming out (only a couple of months early ! ) Our roses are still blooming ! :rolleyes:

I wish everybody who is having problems with the floods all the very best, and my family will be thinking of you all, during Christmas, and hoping that you can manage to get a little Christmas cheer somehow. Good luck !
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

The Eastern US is having unseasonable warm weather as well. Our daughter in Maine says that they are having heavy rain, now. Last year at this time, they had four feet of snow piled up.

We, on the other hand will be lucky to see it warm to freezing for the next week, or so.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

When I got home last night I was DRENCHED. Not only had I got to work in a monsoon, I had to go out to 3 other calls & back to the office in it, then home at the end of the day. I had to empty my boots of the rainwater. Then, when I got home & looking forward to the following day off, I took a couple of swigs of rum while I waited for the PC to power up. The first thing I saw was the new lad in the office messaging me via FaceBook to cover today's shift for him, so despite it being my day off, I went in. I'll also be working tomorrow, from 12:00 - 22:30, with an additional care call at 21:30. Then on Xmas day I'll be working from home from 14:00 - 22:30, etc.

I don't care what anyone says, though, the weather has been exceptionally mild this year. I only recall seeing 1 very small flurry of snow, which lasted about 3 mins, and was barely even recognisable as snow.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Poor you, FourPart, I always feel for folk who have to work at Christmas. However, somebody has to carry on with essential duties and I suppose those workers who have young children should in all fairness be able to at least spend Christmas Day with their families. Those with grown up children and those with no young families should help out the family ones at this time - it is such a special time for children isn't it ? It is also a time for family get-togethers if they live long distances from each other !

I hope you manage to get a little Christmas cheer though, FourPart. Is your choir performing anywhere this Christmas ?
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

G#Gill;1490878 wrote: Poor you, FourPart, I always feel for folk who have to work at Christmas. However, somebody has to carry on with essential duties and I suppose those workers who have young children should in all fairness be able to at least spend Christmas Day with their families. Those with grown up children and those with no young families should help out the family ones at this time - it is such a special time for children isn't it ? It is also a time for family get-togethers if they live long distances from each other !

I hope you manage to get a little Christmas cheer though, FourPart. Is your choir performing anywhere this Christmas ?

I don't have a choir any more. I had to give it up for night work.

Tonight was a nightmare shift. 12:00 - 22:30, which involved having to go out on 2 emergency calls. The first was fairly straightforward, but the 2nd involved the client slipping out of his wheelchair, and once he started sliding there was no stopping him & I just had to try & control the slide until he was safely on the floor. There was no way I could deal with his alone, as I can't cope with trying to lift 350kg without equipment. All I could do was to make him as comfortable as possible & call the ambulance. Even they needed to go & requisition additional equipment in order to lift him. It was initially a 30 min call - I ended up being there from 18:30 - 22:00, as I ended up having to put him to bed as well, and now I am aching all over - as well as not being able to get rid of the smell, from the necessity of cleaning him / changing his pads.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

That sounds positively awful, FourPart ! What a way to spend Christmas Eve ! Still, it is a good job that somebody is prepared to do what you did, whether paid to do it or not. That chap, I'm sure will be grateful that you were there ! Gawd you have very long hours!. Take care of yourself FourPart, you are obviously much needed.
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

I've just finished this evening's shift. Left with 5 unallocated calls, which meant having to call the Next of Kins - something that is not a pleasant task at the best of times, let alone on Christmas Day. I just wish I had the Magic Wand they seem to think I have, but when you have nobody available, there's just nothing that can be done. Of course, if the co-ordinators had done their job properly, there wouldn't be this problem.
ZAP

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by ZAP »

That sounds like a tough job! Sorry you have to do that and especially on Christmas day.
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Well, look on the bright side - only another 366 more shopping days to Christmas if you include Sundays as shopping days (which they are as good as), and remembering this is a Leap Year (I think).
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Interesting videos. Coincidences.

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Not sure about this one !

LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

Could barely watch that because of all the junk links across the picture.

but it looks like a dead monkey that had been the victim of a severe mange infection.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

This one seems to be from the same source, judging by the logo in the bottom right of the screen. All of these are 'genuine' as well.

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.... Hi everyone, hope y'all had a good Christmas and new year!

How about this for an excellent junior climber?

With parents like hers, she's off to a flying start!

Some interesting clips on here since I last came on, though the 'nuclear mutations' look rather 'photoshopped'! Thanks 'guys'.
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

I used to do a lot of that when I was that age, although with me it was at a local disused sandstone / slate quarry. In hindsight, when I consider the sorts of things I was doing, without any safety lines or anything, it's surprising I didn't kill myself.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1491547 wrote: I used to do a lot of that when I was that age, although with me it was at a local disused sandstone / slate quarry. In hindsight, when I consider the sorts of things I was doing, without any safety lines or anything, it's surprising I didn't kill myself.

Same as. I lose count of the many HUGE trees I climbed as a youngster and high walls (10 foot or more) that I jumped off.... How did we survive without 'elf and safety 'back in the day'?:wah:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Bumped into this (clumsy of me, wasn't it?) on my travels. Ties in with what my Dad (and the warship's Captain) saw on advanced(for it's day) Naval sea-bed scanning equipment in the late 50's. I found it rather thought provoking....

LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

So, from what I can see, this appears to be the area around the Azores. You don't really need to turn the world upside down to see that.

And if you look between Sao Miguel and Santa Maria islands, there is a fairly large Crater, suggesting that something rather catastrophic occurred, some time in the past.

I guess the question to be answered is whether that happen within Human-observed history.
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1491654 wrote: So, from what I can see, this appears to be the area around the Azores. You don't really need to turn the world upside down to see that.

And if you look between Sao Miguel and Santa Maria islands, there is a fairly large Crater, suggesting that something rather catastrophic occurred, some time in the past.

I guess the question to be answered is whether that happen within Human-observed history.

'Upside-down' maps were apparently fairly common way back when (though I'm no map expert, that's for sure) and the old map used in the clip bears a striking resemblance to the 'topography' of the sea-bed in this region. Difficult to see how this topography could have been mapped if it was already part of the sea-bed back then. I seem to recall an old legend stating that Atlantis sank 'in a day and a night'. A large meteor strike in this region may well have accomplished just that, though we will probably never know for sure.

( well, not in our lifetime !)

A good question,Lars. If it is within the fairly recent history of human existence, it may explain the above.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water (Pt.2)....:wah:

One thing we DO know about the world's oceans and seas it that there's a lot we DON'T know....
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Hold onto your hat!

Hope he never needs a 'go-around'....
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

I saw this on the Dr Karl Self Service Science Group on FaceBook. It got me wondering about this sort of thing. It seem the fish has some sort of natural anti freeze in its body in order to protect it from extreme cold. This lef me to woner about the potential for finding fish like this trapped in glaciers, technically millions of years old, coming back to life in this way.

ZAP

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by ZAP »

FourPart;1491983 wrote: I saw this on the Dr Karl Self Service Science Group on FaceBook. It got me wondering about this sort of thing. It seem the fish has some sort of natural anti freeze in its body in order to protect it from extreme cold. This lef me to woner about the potential for finding fish like this trapped in glaciers, technically millions of years old, coming back to life in this way.

Very interesting! This reminded me of the ice worms I saw in a Glacier in Alaska. They do mention a natural anti-freeze in this article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_worm

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”