The Weird and the Wacky!

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1488073 wrote: My Uncle Patrice used to remind me often,...

"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see."

That's not a bad motto, Lars. Mind you, if only half of what you see turns out to be true, then the world will still be full of wonders, both good and bad!
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Even if the video was made in the period it claims to be from, it is clearly done with a media intent, as opposed to merely being a scientific / historical record. First of all from all the different angle shorts of the soldiers. then the shot looking at all of their faces from the 'creatures' point of view. Then the shot of 'the' cameraman himself. There was actually very little of the 'creature' itself, but typical of tacky 'horror' movies works towards building up psychological tension. I can't help feeling that if it were a genuine occurence, the entire record would be dedicated to the creature, and not the soldiers.
Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

It was made on a film lot somewhere with several cameras..............which doesn't necessarily mean it's a fake of course.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1488083 wrote: It was made on a film lot somewhere with several cameras..............which doesn't necessarily mean it's a fake of course.
As soon as something is made on a film lot in an attempt to portray something as being what it isn't, that immediately means, to me, that it's a fake.
Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

FourPart;1488084 wrote: As soon as something is made on a film lot in an attempt to portray something as being what it isn't, that immediately means, to me, that it's a fake.

I am very sarcastic..........you have never noticed ? I could kick myself at times, it is debilitating.
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1488088 wrote: I am very sarcastic..........you have never noticed ? I could kick myself at times, it is debilitating.
Ah - I often have problems telling such things without the tonal inflections.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

All of the above are fair comments, guys. I'm not convinced it's genuine either, hence the capitalised IF at the beginning of the post! We're all entitled to our opinions on any given subject, in support OR denial, and I certainly don't take it personally.

:-6
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Here's a collage of interesting pictures to look at on a mouldy, wet Saturday in England.....

Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

His Teachers pictures ?

Maybe she hacked them he says, from NASA he says..............wonder where the NASA bloke went on his hoildays ?

Sorry Smaug some of that selection are laughable especially when they are put together, and the fact they are all placed together discredits them all.......next.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

True, but consider that many contributors are not natural English speakers (being foreign), and it's not their first (or indeed, second!) language in some cases, so grammar, syntax and context are often iffy, to say the least.

I recognize quite a few of those pictures in the collage (the tubes poking out of the mountain are in China, the submerged Pyramid is just off the Japanese coast, the huge skeleton(s) were found in India, the side-view of the 'rocketman' is on a Japanese tomb from the 17th century, the smooth cave walls are from South America, and appear to have been cut with what appears to be a thermic lance; the only machinery we currently posess that can melt rock in this manner I believe, the megalithic architecture has been discovered melting out of the Antarctic ice-this region was apparently temperate 20,000-30,000 years ago).

Debunking everything 'en bloc' is easy, whereas learning about these unusual constructs and artifacts- that's a different story! They aren't all products of photoshop-the ones listed in brackets are all (with the exception of the giant skellies, and the Japanese Pyramid) pre-photoshop era, to the best of my knowledge.

Still, you're entitled to you opinion, though I disagree with you on many of the photos, even if the explanation on the clip's intro is decidedly 'dodgy'!
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

While Photoshop made it easier, altering and faking photographs is nearly as old as photography, itself.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Maybe this will come as a bit of a shock to the debunkers....

Smithsonian Admits to Destruction of Thousands of Giant Human Skeletons in Early 1900′s World News Daily Report

Some of the still images from Yonaguni ( The Japanese submerged Pyramid and structures) I saw on a filmed dive on British TV. It was absolutely fascinating, and illustrates the point that our knowledge of history may be substantially incomplete.

http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/searc ... t&y=Search

I am aware that there are quite a few fake photos out there, but wherever possible, I try to use photos that have been verified non-fake, or that have been used by reputable sources, though obviously there's no guarantee that I will be successful 100% of the time, but I do my best, especially when discussing Mars or out-of-place-artifacts!

With the other clips (sea-monsters/mythical creatures) I readily admit that it's mainly 'pot-luck'.....And a bit light-hearted fun!
Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

Smithsonian ?????
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

Smaug;1488116 wrote: Maybe this will come as a bit of a shock to the debunkers....

Smithsonian Admits to Destruction of Thousands of Giant Human Skeletons in Early 1900′s World News Daily Report

Some of the still images from Yonaguni ( The Japanese submerged Pyramid and structures) I saw on a filmed dive on British TV. It was absolutely fascinating, and illustrates the point that our knowledge of history may be substantially incomplete.

japanese yonaguni pyramids - Yahoo Image Search results

I am aware that there are quite a few fake photos out there, but wherever possible, I try to use photos that have been verified non-fake, or that have been used by reputable sources, though obviously there's no guarantee that I will be successful 100% of the time, but I do my best, especially when discussing Mars or out-of-place-artifacts!

With the other clips (sea-monsters/mythical creatures) I readily admit that it's mainly 'pot-luck'.....And a bit light-hearted fun!

World news daily ?

Seriously?

I think The Onion has more credibility.
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1488138 wrote: World news daily ?

Seriously?

I think The Onion has more credibility.

Where can I find a definitive, OFFICIAL AND VERIFIABLE answer to this question, Lars, as I know absolutely nothing about World News Daily?

I checked 'Snopes' after I posted the link, and they say 'False'. Is 'Snopes' my only recourse?
Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

Smaug;1488151 wrote: Where can I find a definitive, OFFICIAL AND VERIFIABLE answer to this question, Lars, as I know absolutely nothing about World News Daily?

I checked 'Snopes' after I posted the link, and they say 'False'. Is 'Snopes' my only recourse?

I normally bung some key words of the disputed article, in this instance, "Smithsonian giant skeletons" and look down whatever Google throws up.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

G#Gill;1479659 wrote: What about this lot ?

It would appear that you won't be able to see this video now - apparently it says it is private ! Strange that it was OK a few days ago, then suddenly it is 'private' ! :confused: :-2 :-5 :rolleyes:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1488162 wrote: I normally bung some key words of the disputed article, in this instance, "Smithsonian giant skeletons" and look down whatever Google throws up.

I first read about the Giant Skeletons back in the 60s in the National Enquirer. They never let a little thing like verification of sources get in the way of a good story.
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

It seems that the 'giant skeletons' may be comparable to the 'Piltdown Man' episode, after all. Shame if it is, although there are legends from India and the Bible about giants. Do they mean actual GIANTS, or is it merely a term for a leading member of society at that time?

As I've said before; "One story's good, until another story's told"......
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

And now for something completely different....

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

How's your nerve? I couldn't do this. Crazy Indian....:yh_nailbi

Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

I was hoping somebody flushed.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

If they had, would he have been 'pulling a stunt', or just going through the motions.....?
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

More crazy Indians....

Why did they bother to pay for a seat? Did they pay for a seat? What can I say? Bet they couldn't do that on the TGV...!:wah:

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Gives a new meaning to 'having a quick bath'.....:wah:

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

I will have to remind myself to tie my bath down securely next time I have a bath/shower! :wah: That's as crazy as the motorised sofa and the Formula 1 garden shed ! :yh_rotfl Difficult to believe that the sofa, garden shed and one or two other strange vehicles had a race round Donington Race Track (normally for Formula 1 races and motorcycle GP races ) :yh_rotfl
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

I remember that particular 'wacky race'; it was on the news!:wah:

But there's more.....

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

I think that is hilarious !!! I shall have to try to find the video of the race I mentioned in my last post !
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Did you notice the fruit bowl on the desk?:wah:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

I wish I had one of these when I was a kid....

Mind you, I'd settle for a go now!
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

G#Gill;1488683 wrote: I will have to remind myself to tie my bath down securely next time I have a bath/shower! :wah: That's as crazy as the motorised sofa and the Formula 1 garden shed ! :yh_rotfl Difficult to believe that the sofa, garden shed and one or two other strange vehicles had a race round Donington Race Track (normally for Formula 1 races and motorcycle GP races ) :yh_rotfl

I've had quite a long 'trawl' on utube, but I can't find that race either. I did see it at the time, though. I'll probably stumble across it when I'm looking for something else....
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Talk about dare-devil! How's this for a 'suicide sled'?

Wouldn't mind a go, though!:-6
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Just to show smaug that he ain't the only one who can find such wacky videos !

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Excellent find, G#Gill! I didn't realise there was so much high speed motorised furniture around! I'd love to see all this furniture having a proper race on the track!!:yh_rotfl

Mind you, passing that office suite could be tricky.....
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

"I'm just nipping down to the shops dear".....:wah:

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Anyone for dominoes?

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Pity I couldn't find this for halloween....:yh_pumpkn

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Oooooh, Smaug, thanks for letting me see this just before I go to bed !!!!!! I need a little light relief to get over the shock !!! :wah:

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

It was my pleasure, G#Gill!:wah:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Just don't get too comfortable though, I'm still in a 'prankster' frame of mind......:yh_pumpkn :wah:

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

And she's got a sister...... Mwah ha ha ha ha!!:yh_pumpkn:yh_pumpkn:wah:

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Check these 3 'dark' pranks out; the last one's the best! I nearly fell of my chair laughing!!! :yh_rotfl:yh_pumpkn:yh_pumpkn

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Yes it was a pity these weren't discovered in time for the 31 October!!!! How gruesome those videos are ! That last one, as Smaug says, is probably the best of them (best staged). I suspect that an ex-war veteran was the 'zombie trunk', who had taken off his prosthetic legs. Gawd can he move, how amazing !!! Good luck to the fella, he obviously has a great sense of humour !
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

It totally 'cracked me up'! He certainly can move considering he's got no legs and only one arm. Bet he enjoyed the prank!! I'm still laughing about it!:wah:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Here's another guy who makes light of a 'handicap'. "Let nothing stand in your way" should be his motto! :-6

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Ten roads that you would never want to drive on !!!!

FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

MONSTER MAMMAL on MARS: Shock as UFO hunters find 'huge alien mouse on Red Planet' | Science | News | Daily Express
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

HA!

I told ya there was Bears on Mars!!

SHOCK PICTURE - Call for UN probe as Bear pictured walking on Mars | Science | News | Daily Express
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

I'm sure you've got the wrong piccy there, Lars/FourPart! It's not a Bear OR a mouse. Actually, I think it's a chocolate hippo!:wah:

The other picture I posted could be a building (the one you thought was a bear, Lars), but this one's definitely a choccy hippo, or possibly a rock. If it is a rock, don't bite down too hard on it.....( sngger)
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

Smaug;1489541 wrote: I'm sure you've got the wrong piccy there, Lars/FourPart! It's not a Bear OR a mouse. Actually, I think it's a chocolate hippo!:wah:

The other picture I posted could be a building (the one you thought was a bear, Lars), but this one's definitely a choccy hippo, or possibly a rock. If it is a rock, don't bite down too hard on it.....( sngger)

Well, if it's a hippo, there must be water around.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”