Jokes

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
G#Gill

Jokes

Post by G#Gill »

Four old timers were playing their weekly game of golf, one remarked how nice it would be to wake up on Christmas morning, roll out of bed and without an argument go directly to the golf course, meet his buddies and play a round of golf.

His buddies all chimed in said, "Let's do it! We'll make it a priority; figure out a way and meet here early, Christmas morning."

Months later, that special morning arrives, and there they are on the golf course. The first guy says, "Boy this game cost me a fortune! I bought my wife a diamond ring that she can't take her eyes off it."

The second guy says, "I spent a ton too. My wife is at home planning the cruise I gave her. She was up to her eyeballs in brochures."

The third guy says "Well my wife is at home admiring her new car, reading the manual."

Sorry, punchline in next post - I keep having an error 500 or something thrown at me when I include it in this post !!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
ZAP

Jokes

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1478339 wrote: Four old timers were playing their weekly game of golf, one remarked how nice it would be to wake up on Christmas morning, roll out of bed and without an argument go directly to the golf course, meet his buddies and play a round of golf.

His buddies all chimed in said, "Let's do it! We'll make it a priority; figure out a way and meet here early, Christmas morning."

Months later, that special morning arrives, and there they are on the golf course. The first guy says, "Boy this game cost me a fortune! I bought my wife a diamond ring that she can't take her eyes off it."

The second guy says, "I spent a ton too. My wife is at home planning the cruise I gave her. She was up to her eyeballs in brochures."

The third guy says "Well my wife is at home admiring her new car, reading the manual."

Sorry, punchline in next post - I keep having an error 500 or something thrown at me when I include it in this post !!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Huh?
G#Gill

Jokes

Post by G#Gill »

They all turned to the last guy in the group who is staring at them like they have lost their minds.

"I can't believe you all went to such expense for this golf game.

I slapped my wife on the butt and said, 'Well babe, Merry Christmas! It's a great morning --
G#Gill

Jokes

Post by G#Gill »

intercourse or golfcourse --' " She said, "Don't forget your sweater."

Gawd have I had trouble with this damn error notice. I've had to type a line at a time for the punchline FFS !!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
FourPart

Jokes

Post by FourPart »

Why would he need a sweater to have a chat?

(Innocent that I am)
G#Gill

Jokes

Post by G#Gill »

FourPart;1478344 wrote: Why would he need a sweater to have a chat?

(Innocent that I am)

:-2
tude dog

Jokes

Post by tude dog »

Sad as it is, here is a joke,

We gave them space to destroy

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Smaug

Jokes

Post by Smaug »

I presume the two video's are of the Baltimore riots? America certainly has a few unresolved issues on race, by the look of it, though I readily admit that I'm no expert on US politics/issues. We had similar trouble in London when a man was shot by police; there was much "ballyhoo" over this event, with accusations and counter-accusations, then riots that spread to various cities in the UK.
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
FourPart

Jokes

Post by FourPart »

Smaug;1478475 wrote: I presume the two video's are of the Baltimore riots? America certainly has a few unresolved issues on race, by the look of it, though I readily admit that I'm no expert on US politics/issues. We had similar trouble in London when a man was shot by police; there was much "ballyhoo" over this event, with accusations and counter-accusations, then riots that spread to various cities in the UK.
That's just it. The riots diverted attention from the real issue. The issue only got resolved by way of passive public protest. By continued letters / emails etc. to MPs. Protest Rallies / Demos. These are the things that people listen to. When things degenerate into riots, openly setting light to innocent people's premises & looting (one particular one identified over CCTV as being someone who was claiming benefits as being wheelchair bound whilst he was running down the street with a TV he had just looted from Curry's), the general public attitude becomes one of, "Is it any wonder the Police suspect this sort of people? Perhaps the Police were justified after all." Plus, when things degenerate into violence I very much doubt those involved really care or even know anything about the supposed root cause. It's more like the football hooliganism commonplace in the 70s / 80s. Mobs would organise buses to attend / instigate Football Riots, regardless of who the teams playing were. Rioting had become a totally unique sport & just needed a venue where it could be hosted.
Smaug

Jokes

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1478478 wrote: That's just it. The riots diverted attention from the real issue. The issue only got resolved by way of passive public protest. By continued letters / emails etc. to MPs. Protest Rallies / Demos. These are the things that people listen to. When things degenerate into riots, openly setting light to innocent people's premises & looting (one particular one identified over CCTV as being someone who was claiming benefits as being wheelchair bound whilst he was running down the street with a TV he had just looted from Curry's), the general public attitude becomes one of, "Is it any wonder the Police suspect this sort of people? Perhaps the Police were justified after all." Plus, when things degenerate into violence I very much doubt those involved really care or even know anything about the supposed root cause. It's more like the football hooliganism commonplace in the 70s / 80s. Mobs would organise buses to attend / instigate Football Riots, regardless of who the teams playing were. Rioting had become a totally unique sport & just needed a venue where it could be hosted.

As I understand it, the victim died of spinal injuries, apparently sustained in the back of a police van. 1 Officer has been charged with second-degree murder, the other 5, including 1 female Officer, face counts of manslaughter and assault, . The Officers are a mix of black and white police.

This(big riots) nearly always happens. The pristine reason(s) that upset people connected to the original incident become "muddied" by thugs, thieves, freeloaders and others that jump on the band-wagon. This dilutes drastically any public support for the original "victim". Makes me wonder if this rioting is permitted by the authorities for a short while, until the public is fed-up and frightened, then move in hard, with full public support!! What a subtle ploy....police state,anyone?
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
FourPart

Jokes

Post by FourPart »

Exactly. I imagine the riots are welcomed by the Police, as it detracts from their own culpability. As it is, the parties responsible are, quite rightly, being brought to account. What need, then, for rioting?
Smaug

Jokes

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1478496 wrote: Exactly. I imagine the riots are welcomed by the Police, as it detracts from their own culpability. As it is, the parties responsible are, quite rightly, being brought to account. What need, then, for rioting?

As I said, it gives a good excuse for a "purge", but you need public opinion on your side to do that.
tude dog

Jokes

Post by tude dog »

FourPart;1478496 wrote: Exactly. I imagine the riots are welcomed by the Police, as it detracts from their own culpability. As it is, the parties responsible are, quite rightly, being brought to account. What need, then, for rioting?

It is a remarkably cynical view that police would welcome riots.

“I made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech,” Rawlings-Blake said. “It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well. And we worked very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate.”

CBS Baltimore

I didn't intend to hijack the joke thread.

Just seems some jokes are not laugh out funny.

Just sad.
Smaug

Jokes

Post by Smaug »

Yes, it is a cynical view, but I find cynicism a sound framework to use when assessing and evaluating actions and "explanations" initiated by authorities and governments, at whatever level, as these "August bodies" often have hidden agenda's.

As for it being a joke, it's a sad one, as you say. I think that Martin Luther would be turning in his grave.
tude dog

Jokes

Post by tude dog »

Smaug;1478717 wrote: Yes, it is a cynical view, but I find cynicism a sound framework to use when assessing and evaluating actions and "explanations" initiated by authorities and governments, at whatever level, as these "August bodies" often have hidden agenda's

Tell me what is the agenda of the Mayor who not only condones, but encourages violence and destruction of property?

What was her agenda?

I can't imagine any police officer wanting to risk life and limb to clean up her mess.
Smaug

Jokes

Post by Smaug »

tude dog;1478720 wrote: Tell me what is the agenda of the Mayor who not only condones, but encourages violence and destruction of property?

What was her agenda?

I can't imagine any police officer wanting to risk life and limb to clean up her mess.

I said often have hidden agenda's, not always. If she(the mayor) DID have a hidden agenda,(though I didn't accuse her of anything) you and I would be the last to know! As for the police,who knows? I stopped trusting the police in the UK years ago, they've become almost an arm of government here, "on the quiet", in my opinion. As for governments, you'll generally only know they've seriously "upset the apple cart" when a war kicks off, or nukes start falling. Until then they'll fill you full of "spin", and give the general public at large other things to think about and distract them....its similar to how illusionists ply their art...distract the eye, then "pull the stunt"...

We seem to be entering an era of "no lie/excuse is too incredible to utter" and "no tool is too base to use". Not good auguries for the future.

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”