Putin And The Ukraine.........

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Putin and the Ukraine...............

Vladimir Putin, wanting to get on the good side of voters, goes to

visit a school in Moscow to have a chat with the kids. He talks to them about how Russia is a powerful nation and how he wants the best

for the people.

At the end of the talk, there is a section for questions. Little Sasha

puts her hand up and says "I have two questions. Why did the Russians

take Crimea? And why are we sending troops to Ukraine?"

Putin says "Good questions............" But just as he is about to answer, the

bell goes, and the kids go to lunch.

When they come back, they sit back down and there is room for some more questions, another girl, Misha, puts her hand up and says

"I have four questions. My Questions are - Why did the Russians invade

Crimea? Why are we sending troops to Ukraine? Why did the bell go 20

minutes early?........... And Where is Sasha?"
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
flowergirl

Post by flowergirl »

can you provide some proofs of your message? youtube videos or something?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

flowergirl;1478347 wrote: can you provide some proofs of your message? youtube videos or something?

This post is a satirical joke. It was sent to me by email and there is no credit for the original author.
spot

Post by spot »

flowergirl;1478347 wrote: can you provide some proofs of your message? youtube videos or something?

Sadly, Gill intended a generic joke which was just as likely to be aimed at the leader of any country demonized in the Western press. It's a template joke in which there are fields, [insert Leader's name] [insert girl name] [insert victim country]. As in [Saddam] [Ayisha] [Kuwait], for example. There used to be template jokes like that about Jews and Blacks too. Gill was gratuitously impolite, I apologize for her on behalf of the site. The Western press is also impolite, I apologize for that too on behalf of the supine Western electorates who fail to recognize propaganda when they see it.

Quite why Gill chose Sasha or Misha as girls' names I'm not sure.

May I also say what a pleasure and surprise it is to have you join our forum.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
flowergirl

Post by flowergirl »

Thank you. I see :) Yes, i saw film about Crimea with interview of president Putin. And i support opinion of russian president. Pity, what russian people like a white crow for television of usa and countries of europe.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

G#Gill;1478351 wrote: This post is a satirical joke. It was sent to me by email and there is no credit for the original author.

Mr. Spot, as I copied and pasted my received e-mail, I had no hand in choosing the girls' names. I also thank you for apologising on my behalf for my apparent 'rudeness' (?), but there was really no need. If some people have had a 'sense of humour' by-pass operation, then I'm afraid that I can do nothing about that ! I posted it just as I had received it, because I thought people may be amused by it as it had amused me - obviously not! :(
spot

Post by spot »

flowergirl;1478354 wrote: Thank you. I see :) Yes, i saw film about Crimea with interview of president Putin. And i support opinion of russian president. Pity, what russian people like a white crow for television of usa and countries of europe.

European Union governments live in continual fear of American foreign policy, it is like living next door to a fire-raising psychopath. That's no excuse for our newspapers or the people following the same path.

I think if you were to ask the average European living West of Berlin whether they admire the Russian people, most would say yes. That would not happen if you asked about Americans.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

G#Gill;1478355 wrote: Mr. Spot, as I copied and pasted my received e-mail, I had no hand in choosing the girls' names.

You POSTED it, Gill!!! Have you never heard of Misha Glenny or Sasha Distel?

Shall I post comparable "jokes" about Rastus and Liza, or throwing Pakistanis off trains because "they're ten a penny where I come from"?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well, blow me down ! All I did was reproduce what I thought was a quite amusing, satirical joke that I thought I would share with other members ! I hardly expected my little OP to start a furore about East/West relationships ! :yh_rotfl
spot

Post by spot »

G#Gill;1478358 wrote: Well, blow me down ! All I did was reproduce what I thought was a quite amusing, satirical joke that I thought I would share with other members ! I hardly expected my little OP to start a furore about East/West relationships ! :yh_rotfl

It was not amusing, it was not satirical and I have never seen you take responsibility for any of your "joke" posts yet.

Your "joke" told a deliberate lie about a named living person. Have you no sense of courtesy or respect at all?

Do you not recognize that "flowergirl" was so aggravated by your post as to register here, just to challenge you over it? How can you think it's incapable of offending anyone. I find it grotesquely uncultured and insulting, and yet you continually think these things are trivial and meaningless. One of us is wrong, and it isn't me. I don't think you've even once wondered whether you may be mistaken.
flowergirl

Post by flowergirl »

Hey, boys, stop the quarrel

Smaug

Post by Smaug »

spot;1478356 wrote: European Union governments live in continual fear of American foreign policy, it is like living next door to a fire-raising psychopath. That's no excuse for our newspapers or the people following the same path.

I think if you were to ask the average European living West of Berlin whether they admire the Russian people, most would say yes. That would not happen if you asked about Americans.
Hi Flowergirl! I'm new here,too. If you are a Russian, or of Russian extract, I must first inform you that this post in NO WAY reflects my attitude to ORDINARY RUSSIANS! We're all victims to the "men of power"!

What short memories we all have! Anyone remember Litvinenko( if I've spelled this right...), poisoned in London a few years ago? Or the Russian invasion of GEORGIA, an EU nation? Current Russian re-armarment spending? What's the EU going to do if Russia "turns off the gas-tap"?(The EU currently buys approximately 80% of it's gas from Russia..... a nice, sharp, ready means of ensuring Europe does'nt protest too loudly!). We won't mention Russia offering a deal on those "Backfire" bombers to ARGENTINA, either then, Spot! Or the deliberate, sponsored Russian interference in the Ukraine...Or is Spot a "subversive element", working for Russia on the QT?:wah:

However, I do accept that we bring much hostility on ourselves, and do ourselves a dis-service by tagging along with the U.S. on whatever current tactical plan they seem to favour at the time!

I could site many instances.

I think what we in the "west" need to learn is DISCRETION!! By this I mean non-interference in another Nations internal affairs, cautious trade and business, acceptance of other cultures, and their perfect right to be different, from a position of appropriate strength, militarily. It has been proven many times over that WITHOUT anything to back up your requests/demands, they are usually ignored, especially by "military men", such as Vladimir Putin, to which anyone with common sense, indeed, ANY sense will probably attest! Also, remembering in your post the way you defended the 76 year old Mother BREAST- FEEDING her 40 something...!!! year-old ADULT Son in KFC (whether the story is true or not is immaterial...), how can you possibly criticize someone for a joke,Spot? What breathtaking hypocrisy to censure someone for cracking an admittedly "risky" joke, after defending this perverse "Mother",or do you just like being contentious, and a touch overbearing, not to mention belittling? Some people do,it's their way of being noticed, "having an impact". In fact,it's rather like those loud-mouthed kids that used to run around the playground being nasty to anyone they thought of as being weaker than themselves, for no other reason than,in my opinion, a perverse gratification from causing hassle,anger and upset, whilst feeling important...

As for the joke that started it all...very amusing!! (Surely we can't have forgotten all the "undesirable elements"and "political activists" that have gone missing over the years?...) When the time comes that we no longer can laugh at our own, and other's, shortcomings, then that's the time to worry.
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

[QUOTE=flowergirl;1478362]Hey, boys, stop the quarrel

Flowergirl, you must be psychic, or a good Tarot reader! You posted this BEFORE I REPLIED to Spot!!

Unless you were talking to G#Gill.....
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Thank you Smaug for your apparent support, it makes a change from being 'got at' !
spot

Post by spot »

Smaug;1478363 wrote: remembering in your post the way you defended the 76 year old Mother BREAST- FEEDING her 40 something...!!! year-old ADULT Son in KFC (whether the story is true or not is immaterial...), how can you possibly criticize someone for a joke,Spot?

I did no such thing, you've made that up. I asked where people would like the line to be drawn, it was a serious question.

I may occasionally use humour, but I never tell jokes.

The whole of the rest of your diatribe falls a bit flat, given that your initial accusation is bogus.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Well, I found it funny. I told it to my colleague at work & she found it funny as well.

So ner!!
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

spot;1478372 wrote: I did no such thing, you've made that up. I asked where people would like the line to be drawn, it was a serious question.

I may occasionally use humour, but I never tell jokes.

The whole of the rest of your diatribe falls a bit flat, given that your initial accusation is bogus.

You said;

Are there degrees of grotesquerie? Would it be less grotesque if he were a year-old child, or she were his age? Or if either of them were dead at the time? Where do you draw the line and say bad form, KFC, leave them be to do what they gotta do.

There are indeed "degrees of grotesquerie", and this goes way beyond any acceptable limits, and well you know it! (If true; Snopes don't seem to think it is, though they're not always right). I,and a great many other people, wouldn't have a problem with a mother breast-feeding a genuine baby, there's nothing un-natural about that, or repulsive! The mere fact that you say the things you do seems to intimate that KFC should just "butt out" and leave people alone, no matter how unacceptable the behaviour! How else is one supposed to interpret your meaning? The way you have written your post would seem to indicate by inference, that you have nothing personally against various grotesqueries... hence the enquiry.

If this is NOT the case, may I strongly suggest considerably more care in the wording next time!(Ref: The red writing;that's yours,Spot... what YOU posted) Take responsibility,as you said so recently...

So don't even THINK of calling me a liar. Or that what I've written on this matter is bogus, in part, or whole. As for never telling jokes, I can quite believe that (tough on jokes, tough on the causes of jokes?). In my opinion, jokes can be one of life's little treats, sometimes de-fusing a volatile situation,occasionally provoking one, but definitely a normal part of life!

And if we're talking diatribes and tirades, what shall we say of you tirade at, and attempted belittling of, G#Gill? Be careful, Spot, or you risk being labelled as a hypocrite and bully.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Smaug;1478386 wrote: You said;

Are there degrees of grotesquerie? Would it be less grotesque if he were a year-old child, or she were his age? Or if either of them were dead at the time? Where do you draw the line and say bad form, KFC, leave them be to do what they gotta do.

There are indeed "degrees of grotesquerie", and this goes way beyond any acceptable limits, and well you know it! (If true; Snopes don't seem to think it is, though they're not always right). I,and a great many other people, wouldn't have a problem with a mother breast-feeding a genuine baby, there's nothing un-natural about that, or repulsive! The mere fact that you say the things you do seems to intimate that KFC should just "butt out" and leave people alone, no matter how unacceptable the behaviour! How else is one supposed to interpret your meaning? The way you have written your post would seem to indicate by inference, that you have nothing personally against various grotesqueries... hence the enquiry.

If this is NOT the case, may I strongly suggest considerably more care in the wording next time!(Ref: The red writing;that's yours,Spot... what YOU posted) Take responsibility,as you said so recently...

So don't even THINK of calling me a liar. Or that what I've written on this matter is bogus, in part, or whole. As for never telling jokes, I can quite believe that (tough on jokes, tough on the causes of jokes?). In my opinion, jokes can be one of life's little treats, sometimes de-fusing a volatile situation,occasionally provoking one, but definitely a normal part of life!

And if we're talking diatribes and tirades, what shall we say of you tirade at, and attempted belittling of, G#Gill? Be careful, Spot, or you risk being labelled as a hypocrite and bully.
Next thing we know someone will be asking "Where did G#Gill go?"
spot

Post by spot »

Smaug;1478386 wrote: There are indeed "degrees of grotesquerie", and this goes way beyond any acceptable limits, and well you know it!

If you now reed again what you quoted in red, you'll see that I don't deny that in the slightest. Accepting that the behaviour of the two adults - fictional though it is - goes way beyond any acceptable limits, my question was whether grotesque has gradations or whether it's an absolute. I posed two alternatives, the latter of which I would maintain is also grotesque. Obviously if you continue to dilute the former (for the mother and the year-old baby) by a year a at a time, eventually you'll arrive at my final statement, leave them alone they're fine. Which year is it, that's what I asked. I would note that there is or will be, somewhere on the planet this decade, a 65 year old mother of a one year old child.

As for Gill's abusive joke, I'll repeat what I said. The target is real and currently alive, and the story is untrue. That shows bad form, plain and simple, whether one admires President Putin or not.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

spot;1478396 wrote: If you now reed again what you quoted in red, you'll see that I don't deny that in the slightest. Accepting that the behaviour of the two adults - fictional though it is - goes way beyond any acceptable limits, my question was whether grotesque has gradations or whether it's an absolute. I posed two alternatives, the latter of which I would maintain is also grotesque. Obviously if you continue to dilute the former (for the mother and the year-old baby) by a year a at a time, eventually you'll arrive at my final statement, leave them alone they're fine. Which year is it, that's what I asked. I would note that there is or will be, somewhere on the planet this decade, a 65 year old mother of a one year old child.

As for Gill's abusive joke, I'll repeat what I said. The target is real and currently alive, and the story is untrue. That shows bad form, plain and simple, whether one admires President Putin or not.

It was YOU who added the SURNAMES to the fictional Russian schoolchildren (Misha, Sacha)! The fact that the names used were for the wrong sex is immaterial to this issue! (Amusing, though!!) The Russian president was the ONLY actual person mentioned by name in the joke, and I'm quite sure he can look after himself, without your help! Should liar be added to this "risk" list, alongside hypocrite and bully? I but judge as I see, and if I can see these incongruities , then I'm sure others can too.

As regards 65 year old mothers in the not-too-distant future, when one considers the massive strides we are making in genetics, and medicine/research in general, this is more than likely!
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

As a warm up........

"My dog has no nose"

"How does he smell?"

"Terrible"

Tony Blair, wanting to get on the good side of voters, goes to

visit a school in London to have a chat with the kids. He talks to them about how England is a powerful nation and how he wants the best

for the people.

At the end of the talk, there is a section for questions. Little John

puts his hand up and says "I have two questions. Why did the English

invade Irag? And why are we sending troops to Afghanistan?"

Blair says "Good questions............" But just as he is about to answer, the

bell goes, and the kids go to lunch.

When they come back, they sit back down and there is room for some more questions, another boy, Mohamed, puts his hand up and says

"I have four questions. My Questions are - Why did the English invade

Irag? Why are we sending troops to Afghanistan? Why did the bell go 20

minutes early?........... And Where is John?"
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I'm happy with either of them. Both work and I'm pretty sure the original would raise a giggle in Russia as did the Blair one here.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

Post by spot »

Smaug;1478399 wrote: It was YOU who added the SURNAMES to the fictional Russian schoolchildren (Misha, Sacha)! The fact that the names used were for the wrong sex is immaterial to this issue!

You really do spray your buckshot, don't you.

I added two surnames to demonstrate to Gill that she did actually know the forenames were used in real life for males and not females - I chose real people she'd definitely recognize. I think my point was probably that she doesn't pay much attention to what she copy/pastes onto this site.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

spot;1478404 wrote: You really do spray your buckshot, don't you.

I added two surnames to demonstrate to Gill that she did actually know the forenames were used in real life for males and not females - I chose real people she'd definitely recognize. I think my point was probably that she doesn't pay much attention to what she copy/pastes onto this site.

In which case, you should have been more civil in the way you addressed this minor matter. Courtesy costs nothing, after all, and may save much! For myself, I MUCH prefer civility and good manners, it gets things on a reasonable footing from the start.
spot

Post by spot »

Smaug;1478408 wrote: In which case, you should have been more civil in the way you addressed this minor matter. Courtesy costs nothing, after all, and may save much! For myself, I MUCH prefer civility and good manners, it gets things on a reasonable footing from the start.

I look forward to seeing you attempt it, sir. It will mark a new beginning on your part.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

spot;1478410 wrote: I look forward to seeing you attempt it, sir. It will mark a new beginning on your part.

For a man of your obvious intelligence, it is a thing "passing strange" to me how quickly you forget to take your own advice, namely, responsibility for what you post!

I have not been discourteous. I have "picked you up" on a few issues, though. I hope we don't have to have another "reminder"?
spot

Post by spot »

It's like listening to Round the Horne or watching a Carry On film but without the clever bits.

No doubt you feel that having a rant will impress your vibrant personality on the site. We tend to prefer civil conversation but by all means press on, if you insist.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

spot;1478416 wrote: It's like listening to Round the Horne or watching a Carry On film but without the clever bits.

No doubt you feel that having a rant will impress your vibrant personality on the site. We tend to prefer civil conversation but by all means press on, if you insist.

Have you a reflective interior to your cranium? Or are you wearing sunglasses with the silvering on the wrong side? That's probably your world you're seeing there,not mine! As for civility, it takes two,Spot. Reap what you sow, and all that. Old wisdom,maybe, but pertinent.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I think it's time you were both sent to stand in the corner (opposite diagonal corners that is).
spot

Post by spot »

FourPart;1478419 wrote: I think it's time you were both sent to stand in the corner (opposite diagonal corners that is).

I'm still trying to get over that "I'm not but you are" post.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

spot;1478420 wrote: I'm still trying to get over that "I'm not but you are" post.

I hope you recover soon!

If you think that I've joined this forum for a "verbal brawl", then you couldn't be more mistaken, but I'm certainly not going to shy away from anyone who wants to throw their weight around for no good reason. In my life so far, I've had to deal with all manner of people, some nice, some not so nice, and I know how to deal with bullies. If you want a pleasant,civil response, the best way is to be pleasant yourself. If you're not bothered, then continue to be provocative. The choice is entirely yours.

I'm game either way...
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I'd put down a 5 for swede or the nut... just sayin' :thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Smaug

Post by Smaug »

flopstock;1478426 wrote: I'd put down a 5 for swede or the nut... just sayin' :thinking:

What would you have given for bonce, boko or bulb?:D
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I am not the sharpest knife in the box.......but......I have lost the thread of this discussion somewhere.
spot

Post by spot »

Bruv;1478437 wrote: I am not the sharpest knife in the box.......but......I have lost the thread of this discussion somewhere.I was stropped at for apologizing to a newbie who'd registered to complain about one of our posts.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1478441 wrote: I was stropped at for apologizing to a newbie who'd registered to complain about one of our posts.

That is only your interpretation, but while you are here, I was talking about posts #32 and #33 how did brassicas come into it ?
spot

Post by spot »

Bruv;1478442 wrote: I was talking about posts #32 and #33 how did brassicas come into it ?High scores in Scrabble.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1478446 wrote: High scores in Scrabble.

Nice to see you talking sense again.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Bruv;1478447 wrote: Nice to see you talking sense again.

Is he ? Does he ?
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Isn't that something to do with milky coffee?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I feel like I am living inside a cryptic crossword......................and I have never got them.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1478454 wrote: I feel like I am living inside a cryptic crossword......................and I have never got them.

Cross-words can be a problem!:yh_sigh
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Smaug;1478456 wrote: Cross-words can be a problem!:yh_sigh
And they can bring One Down.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1478458 wrote: And they can bring One Down.

Or make sick Tina Cross ! :yh_whistl
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Thank heavens it's getting late.......................I can take a lie down in a darkened room.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1478462 wrote: Thank heavens it's getting late.......................I can take a lie down in a darkened room.

Ah - one of the black squares.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1478466 wrote: Ah - one of the black squares.

Is it? Glad you know, I havn't got a clue!
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Sew, we hear.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1478480 wrote: Sew, we hear.

We hear, sew watch it!:wah:
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Oh gawd ! :rolleyes: This thread seems to have degenerated into a "punathon". I'm really ....................puzzled ............................. how it developed from my OP to all this repartee, banter and badinage :-3

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”