Funny and Fabulous Fortune Cookies

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
tabby

Post by tabby »

Some of these are great! I've only ever gotten mundane advice from fortune cookies but sometimes they're in pidgin english which I think adds to the humor. I wonder if anyone has ever won the lottery after playing numbers advised in their fortune cookie? I've never seen a news report showing someone standing there holding their oversize lottery check and giving credit for their win to their recent lunch at a chinese restaurant but who knows!

Funny and Fabulous Fortune Cookies | Mental Floss
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Actually, several people have won lottery prizes after using the numbers from fortune cookies.

This was was the most recent: $1 million Mass. lottery winner credits fortune cookie message - NY Daily News

In NY, once, the lottery commission investigated a fortune cookie maker to find out how they got their numbers because so many people had given their recent fortune cookie as the source of their numbers.

snopes.com: Lottery Numbers from Fortune Cookie
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tabby

Post by tabby »

LarsMac;1434490 wrote: Actually, several people have won lottery prizes after using the numbers from fortune cookies.

This was was the most recent: $1 million Mass. lottery winner credits fortune cookie message - NY Daily News

In NY, once, the lottery commission investigated a fortune cookie maker to find out how they got their numbers because so many people had given their recent fortune cookie as the source of their numbers.

snopes.com: Lottery Numbers from Fortune Cookie

I had no idea! :yh_money:yh_money:yh_ooooo

I shouldn't have been a scoffer! While I was scoffing, others were winning. Guess who is going to play the next fortune cookie numbers she gets!
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

They don't have the lottery in this state, it's probably breaking some religious law and I'm too lazy to drive into Idaho to play. Too bad, I get fortune cookies (with my dinner) about every month or so. I coulda been a contenda!
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I have always wanted to work In a fortune cookie factory and Instead of putting In the usual stuff, put In something like ' you stink'.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

I attended a party a few years back where someone had ordered custom fortune cookies and tipped off the waiter as to who got which cookie. It was a strange and eery situation until it finally became obvious that we had been had.
tabby

Post by tabby »

SnoozeAgain;1434596 wrote: They don't have the lottery in this state, it's probably breaking some religious law and I'm too lazy to drive into Idaho to play. Too bad, I get fortune cookies (with my dinner) about every month or so. I coulda been a contenda!

I'll tell you what ... you send your fortune cookie numbers to me and I'll buy us a lottery ticket. I promise I'd share 50/50 with you if the numbers win ... TRUST me ...

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”