For your entertainment !

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
G#Gill

For your entertainment !

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up you lot ! Yes I'm still around. Well somebody has to be around to keep an eye on you all, and make sure you don't get out of hand !
I do hope you are all coping with this dreadful bug. We're OK, I've had home deliveries organised from Tesco, Morrisons and Asda for months (well since before the official notice that we have this Covid 19 invasion). We had to get a new battery for our car (we found that the U2 Duracell one that we had kicking around the house, was too small ! :shock: :D :roll: ). I contacted Halfords on the phone, and bless their hearts they asked for our car battery details then came to our house and fitted the replacement battery! It is not surprising that the 'high street' shops are going out of business, and it's such a shame, but a sign of the times and the change has been forced upon us by an attacking virus. Not a lot one can do about that. :cry:

I thought we needed a bit of light entertainment to try to cheer us up, so ..........................
G#Gill

Re: For your entertainment !

Post by G#Gill »

Well that's told me eh? Mr. Bryn Mawr, or Mr. spot, I think I have forgotten how to post a Youtube video on to the forum ! :? :roll: Help me please !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

G#Gill wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:19 pm Ay up you lot ! Yes I'm still around. Well somebody has to be around to keep an eye on you all, and make sure you don't get out of hand !
I do hope you are all coping with this dreadful bug. We're OK, I've had home deliveries organised from Tesco, Morrisons and Asda for months (well since before the official notice that we have this Covid 19 invasion). We had to get a new battery for our car (we found that the U2 Duracell one that we had kicking around the house, was too small ! :shock: :D :roll: ). I contacted Halfords on the phone, and bless their hearts they asked for our car battery details then came to our house and fitted the replacement battery! It is not surprising that the 'high street' shops are going out of business, and it's such a shame, but a sign of the times and the change has been forced upon us by an attacking virus. Not a lot one can do about that. :cry:

I thought we needed a bit of light entertainment to try to cheer us up, so ..........................

Welcome back :D
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

G#Gill wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:23 pm Well that's told me eh? Mr. Bryn Mawr, or Mr. spot, I think I have forgotten how to post a Youtube video on to the forum ! :? :roll: Help me please !
It didn’t need the img tag around the url
spot

Post by spot »

It's good you're staying safe Gill, there's a lot of it going around at the moment. Vaccinate frequently, that's my advice.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Hiya, Gill!
Glad to see you're still kickin about.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Hiya Lars Mac ! Good to find my friends still fighting the bug, Hi Mr. spot, yes you are quite right (don't know what's in the heads of the anti vac lot), we make sure we keep up to date with vacs and we have now had the two Pfizer jabs and the booster - I'm serously thinking of changing my surname to "Colander" just for the hellovit. LOL.
Thankyou Mr. Bryn Mawr for sorting my post, I just felt folk needed a bit of a laugh to cheer them up !
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Let's see if I can actually post a Youtube video !

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

G#Gill wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:05 pm Let's see if I can actually post a Youtube video !

Success
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

G#Gill wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:10 pm Hiya Lars Mac ! Good to find my friends still fighting the bug, Hi Mr. spot, yes you are quite right (don't know what's in the heads of the anti vac lot), we make sure we keep up to date with vacs and we have now had the two Pfizer jabs and the booster - I'm serously thinking of changing my surname to "Colander" just for the hellovit. LOL.
Thankyou Mr. Bryn Mawr for sorting my post, I just felt folk needed a bit of a laugh to cheer them up !
We had a bout with the COVID recently. The Mrs went through an infection that nearly ended her.
But she is now out of the Nursing home, and back at it.
Me, I just had my booster shot Tuesday, and spent Wednesday hiding under the covers, getting up for a meal, and going back to bed.
Woke up this AM feeling fine.

We're about to gather around the table and feed our faces in that famous American Tradition called Thanksgiving, where we celebrate our ancestors talking the locals into feeding them and teaching them how farm.
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

We had a bout with the COVID recently. The Mrs went through an infection that nearly ended her.
But she is now out of the Nursing home, and back at it.
Me, I just had my booster shot Tuesday, and spent Wednesday hiding under the covers, getting up for a meal, and going back to bed.
Woke up this AM feeling fine.

We're about to gather around the table and feed our faces in that famous American Tradition called Thanksgiving, where we celebrate our ancestors talking the locals into feeding them and teaching them how farm.
Ooh poor you lot :shock: ! I do hope Mrs. Lars Mac makes a good recovery, and you too. So relieved that you're all making improvements. It has got to happen near Thanksgiving hasn't it :roll: ! Try to have a reasonable time LM, and I'm thinking of you all.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Thanks Bryn for your confirmation. Flippin' eck I've been absent for too long ! :roll:
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Yet another laugh !?

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

and more ?

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

G#Gill wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:09 am Yet another laugh !?

That is among the Classics!
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

The first time I saw this sketch, I was absolutely paralitic with laughter. I thought what brilliant timing, and the fella in the chair (the victim) really made it ! How he managed to not collapse with laughter, I'll never know. I agree with you that it is one of the all-time classic sketches ! I'm afraid it beats some of our British TV sketches ! ;)
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Conway and Korman were genius.

- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

spot wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:39 am It's good you're staying safe Gill, there's a lot of it going around at the moment. Vaccinate frequently, that's my advice.
Hi there Mr. spot ! Yes I've had all the vaccs. including the booster and all followed by the 'Flu' vaccine. ;) :) I hope you and yours are staying fit and well. With all my 'jabs' I'm thinking of changing my name to Colander - I think I mentioned that on another thread !
spot

Post by spot »

G#Gill wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:53 pm
spot wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:39 am It's good you're staying safe Gill, there's a lot of it going around at the moment. Vaccinate frequently, that's my advice.
Hi there Mr. spot ! Yes I've had all the vaccs. including the booster and all followed by the 'Flu' vaccine. ;) :) I hope you and yours are staying fit and well. With all my 'jabs' I'm thinking of changing my name to Colander - I think I mentioned that on another thread !
I'm trying to recall who me and mine consist of these days. I expect it depends on who's being asked. Most of my family tree have Gone Ahead. The general consensus of those left is that I should join the ancestors and make space for more recent additions.

I'm relegated to child rearing these days, though i did just buy a car for the first time this century. I shall drive it to have newer tyres fitted tomorrow. I don't yet know how to make it play music. I did talk an incredulous call centre employee into insuring me, we were both surprised. Neither of us quite knew what "no claims bonus" meant but I appear to have none. He threw in breakdown cover by way of an apology, and I booked a very small one-room cottage on Orkney for Christmas. Having a car is clearly not sensible.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:43 pm
G#Gill wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:53 pm
I'm trying to recall who me and mine consist of these days. I expect it depends on who's being asked. Most of my family tree have Gone Ahead. The general consensus of those left is that I should join the ancestors and make space for more recent additions.

I'm relegated to child rearing these days, though i did just buy a car for the first time this century. I shall drive it to have newer tyres fitted tomorrow. I don't yet know how to make it play music. I did talk an incredulous call centre employee into insuring me, we were both surprised. Neither of us quite knew what "no claims bonus" meant but I appear to have none. He threw in breakdown cover by way of an apology, and I booked a very small one-room cottage on Orkney for Christmas. Having a car is clearly not sensible.
Well, I've always hoped to set foot on the Orkney Islands before I'm done, but Christmas was not the season I had in mind.
I assume they have ferries and such, so you could drive there, but would you really want to?

I didn't mind driving out in the country while over there, but in and around the cities, I found public transport far more accommodating most of the time.
Of course with COVID, that could be a bit more of a challenge.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

There is a car ferry, I have a return ticket and I'm definitely driving - that way I get to see Jodrell Bank Radio Telescope, Hadrian's Wall, Ben Nevis, Loch Ness, Stonehenge, Avebury and a stack of different bedrooms before twelfth night. It's why I bought the car. And a passenger goes along free instead of doubling the transport fares.

I'll post photos.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:05 pm There is a car ferry, I have a return ticket and I'm definitely driving - that way I get to see Jodrell Bank Radio Telescope, Hadrian's Wall, Ben Nevis, Loch Ness, Stonehenge, Avebury and a stack of different bedrooms before twelfth night. It's why I bought the car. And a passenger goes along free instead of doubling the transport fares.

I'll post photos.
Please do. I've been to Stonehenge, but that about it.
- DH Lawrence
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

LarsMac wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:55 pm
spot wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:05 pm There is a car ferry, I have a return ticket and I'm definitely driving - that way I get to see Jodrell Bank Radio Telescope, Hadrian's Wall, Ben Nevis, Loch Ness, Stonehenge, Avebury and a stack of different bedrooms before twelfth night. It's why I bought the car. And a passenger goes along free instead of doubling the transport fares.

I'll post photos.
Please do. I've been to Stonehenge, but that about it.
I've looked at Stonehenge through the fence, Avebury is the one I want to get to, it's meant to be more atmospheric than Stonehenge.

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”