Effect of famine : Short stature evident in North Korean generation

A forum to discuss local issues in Asia, Africa, and the rest of the world.
Jessica12

Post by Jessica12 »

North Koreans are getting shorter from shortages in food. Lack of nutrition is causing poor growth during the period of growth, making North Koreans shorter and small.

Due to this phenomenon, North Korea has changed the conscriptioin standards.

In 2008, the limit was 150cm, and 48kg, but from this March, the limit was changed to 142cm.

North Korean soldiers have the physique of elementary students.

Machine guns are 1m long in average. I wonder how a 140cm tall soldier can carry and handle a weapon more than half his height.It's been told that the North Korean regime is encouraging its people to exercise, but without nutrition and food supply, all the efforts are deemed to be fruitless. It's pathetic that the North Koreans are unable to see the fundamental problem, and going off topic.

(Nation & World | Effects of famine: Short stature evident in North Korean generation | Seattle Times Newspaper)
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Being short is no barrier to strength.

But on another note........are americans going to begin leaving North Korea? They are beginning to store hostages. Second one to be taken from the University.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I do not understand why Americans want to go to North Korea. They are not friendly to anybody, particularly Americans.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

The ones detained seem invariably to be proselytizing evangelical Christians, I doubt that's a coincidence.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Other Regions”