Alvin Zhakata's walk

spot

Alvin Zhakata's walk

Post by spot »

This is just plain heroic, there's no better word for it.

When the 32-year-old arrived in the Egyptian capital last week, completing his 44-day 10,000km (6,200-mile) trip, he said it was well worth it despite some nerve-wracking experiences.

And he says he has learnt a lot about himself and Africa. "I used to think I was not patient - but my patience was stretched to the maximum - I've got a bigger patience threshold than I thought," he told the BBC.

His other more sobering discovery was that "Africa is not friendly to Africans" - in terms of visas and borders. Most people visiting from Europe or the US were treated better, he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-48705540

What a guy.

Europe went borderless within the majority of its area, I'd be delighted if Mr Zhakata's vision comes about in Africa too. It's a matter of justice that the principle of open borders extends fully across the planet but Africa would be a wonderful start in that direction.

Meanwhile, I'd like to extend my deepest respect to Alvin Zhakata for his achievement.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Societal Issues News”