Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

yaaarrrgg;1521143 wrote: I bet they've been there before. Their ancestors would have crossed from Siberia to Alaska, and then migrated slowly down the continent, populating North America, through Texas, and then down into Central America.

The ones that stayed behind in North America were called "Indians" or "Native Americans." This group was largely wiped out by European colonization and disease.

The irony is: now the white immigrants in North America think these folks are an invasive species, though if anything, that honor unfortunately falls to us.

Right now they are just walking in a giant circle.

All this means, is Warren is more of a "real American" than Trump. :-)

There is a newer theory that perhaps the first American settlers actually came the Southern route, arriving in South America by boat from the South Pacific Islands.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by larsmac

"I met a guy yesterday at Physical Therapy. He is from London. We were talking about all the DNA and mixed cultures here in the US, and he claimed he doesn't have any of that mixed stuff in his DNA. He is 100% English.

I've been pondering on that for a while.

Seems to me that the only region invaded more that England throughout history was, perhaps, Poland. "

Sorry quote box not working.

He's someone who doesn't know his own history. The english are a mixture of the original celts who lived here the romans who conquered them and who exported hundreds of thousands as slaves throughout the empire then every invading tribe germanic tribe thereafter angles, saxons, frisians, jutes vikings danish and swedish vikings then the normans and every other refugee that came here from europe. If a londoner he may have a high percentage of african dna in him since london has always been more of a melting pot than the rest of the country and black ski tends to disappear over the generations. Arguably being a nation of mongrels has worked to our long term advantage.

Does he speak mockney or estuary english? I've worked in london we had a cackney warehouse goods in checker we used to call him token as everybody else came from the Caribbean or east africa. They used to call me what - at least that's what they said to me everytime I spoke to them.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

gmc;1521145 wrote: posted by larsmac

"I met a guy yesterday at Physical Therapy. He is from London. We were talking about all the DNA and mixed cultures here in the US, and he claimed he doesn't have any of that mixed stuff in his DNA. He is 100% English.

I've been pondering on that for a while.

Seems to me that the only region invaded more that England throughout history was, perhaps, Poland. "

Sorry quote box not working.

He's someone who doesn't know his own history. The english are a mixture of the original celts who lived here the romans who conquered them and who exported hundreds of thousands as slaves throughout the empire then every invading tribe germanic tribe thereafter angles, saxons, frisians, jutes vikings danish and swedish vikings then the normans and every other refugee that came here from europe. If a londoner he may have a high percentage of african dna in him since london has always been more of a melting pot than the rest of the country and black ski tends to disappear over the generations. Arguably being a nation of mongrels has worked to our long term advantage.

Does he speak mockney or estuary english? I've worked in london we had a cackney warehouse goods in checker we used to call him token as everybody else came from the Caribbean or east africa. They used to call me what - at least that's what they said to me everytime I spoke to them.

Well, I am hardly expert on English Dialects of the London region, but his speech reminds me a bit of the speech I encountered in the Southwest region where my company's offices were, near Bracknell and Wokingham.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Post by gmc »

Haven't a clue what their accents would sound like. I suspect accents are more pronounced here than they are in america but most people if they travel about at all tend to modify the accent quite considerably just to be understood.

Return to “Societal Issues News”