Think Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were a politicized financial disaster? Just wait.

BTS

Think Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were a politicized financial disaster? Just wait.

Post by BTS »

Think Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were a politicized financial disaster? Just wait until pension funds implode.

The Next Catastrophe - Reason Magazine

Illinois Pension Fund $61 Billion Underwater; State Borrows Money For 2010 Contribution; California $20 Billion in the Hole Again

Illinois's pension fund is deep in the hole and getting deeper every year.

The state's reaction never changes: borrow money and hope the returns beat the cost of borrowing. Former governor Rod Blagojevich tried that to the tune of $10 billion and it worked out less than spectacularly to say the least. Nonetheless Illinois is back at it for 2010.
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

What do you think should be done about it? Why do you think this happened in the first place?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Yeah, we know. It's all Bush's fault.:-1:-1 ( sarcasm).
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

i understand its easy and somewhat reasonable to blame unions for this, but unions were and probably still are a necessity for the working person to get a fair slice.

IMO, we've simply grown ourselves into monetary irrelevance.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Amythest

Post by Amythest »

hoppy;1293043 wrote: Yeah, we know. It's all Bush's fault.:-1:-1 ( sarcasm).

No. It started when the gold standard was illiminated in 1933.

Fast forward to Nixons Presidency.

"Enter the "crisis of democracy" or as right wing Harvard professor, Samuel Huntington, called it, an "excess of democracy" at a time masses of ordinary citizens protested their government's policies. It captured media attention, posed a threat to the country's establishment, and had to be addressed. In 1973 it was at a meeting of 300 influential, hand-picked Rockefeller friends from North America, Europe and Japan. They founded a powerful new organization called the Trilateral Commission with easily recognizable member names.

Zbigniew Brzezinski was its first Executive Director, and other charter members included Jimmy Carter (who became David Rockefeller's favored 1976 presidential candidate over Gerald Ford), George HW Bush, Paul Volker (Carter's Fed Chairman) and Alan Greenspan who was then a Wall Street investment banker.

The new organization "laid the basis for a new global strategy for a network of interlinked international elites," many of whom were Rockefeller business partners. Combined, their financial, economic and political clout was unmatched. So was their ambition that George HW Bush later called a "new world order." Trilateralists laid the foundation for today's globalization. They also followed Huntington's advice about democracy's unreliability that had to be checked by "some measure of (public) apathy and non-involvement (combined with) secrecy and deception.'

( does this ever explain all the arguing around here)

Eugenics and Depopulation: The Rockefeller Plan - "Tricky" Dick Nixon and Trickier Rockefellers

The Cons sold the american people out.

Bush Jr was almost the final nail in the coffin. Sit back and be sarcastic. I guess you don't care about your kids ( if you have any) anyone else or the future.

Do some research.:yh_doh
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

With the gold standard in place, how would you imagine the American economy could have grown to the extent it has today, Amythest? If you believe innovation and creativity is the child of a capitalistic philosophy, how could that philosophy have been realized with the gold standard?

that was redundant - I know!

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Amythest;1293060 wrote: No. It started when the gold standard was illiminated in 1933.

Fast forward to Nixons Presidency.

"Enter the "crisis of democracy" or as right wing Harvard professor, Samuel Huntington, called it, an "excess of democracy" at a time masses of ordinary citizens protested their government's policies. It captured media attention, posed a threat to the country's establishment, and had to be addressed. In 1973 it was at a meeting of 300 influential, hand-picked Rockefeller friends from North America, Europe and Japan. They founded a powerful new organization called the Trilateral Commission with easily recognizable member names.

Zbigniew Brzezinski was its first Executive Director, and other charter members included Jimmy Carter (who became David Rockefeller's favored 1976 presidential candidate over Gerald Ford), George HW Bush, Paul Volker (Carter's Fed Chairman) and Alan Greenspan who was then a Wall Street investment banker.

The new organization "laid the basis for a new global strategy for a network of interlinked international elites," many of whom were Rockefeller business partners. Combined, their financial, economic and political clout was unmatched. So was their ambition that George HW Bush later called a "new world order." Trilateralists laid the foundation for today's globalization. They also followed Huntington's advice about democracy's unreliability that had to be checked by "some measure of (public) apathy and non-involvement (combined with) secrecy and deception.'

( does this ever explain all the arguing around here)

Eugenics and Depopulation: The Rockefeller Plan - "Tricky" Dick Nixon and Trickier Rockefellers

The Cons sold the american people out.

Bush Jr was almost the final nail in the coffin. Sit back and be sarcastic. I guess you don't care about your kids ( if you have any) anyone else or the future.

Do some research.:yh_doh

I know for a fact under Bush, more people had jobs and the USA didn't owe China mega zillions of $. So, research all you want. You can't deny that.

Obama may very well be the "final nail". He becomes president during massive unemployment. Instead of concentrating on jobs and the economy, he wastes a year on free and cheaper health care. A sure way to increase national debt for a struggling economy. And, does nothing for creating jobs.
Amythest

Post by Amythest »

Ahso!;1293061 wrote: With the gold standard in place, how would you imagine the American economy could have grown to the extent it has today, Amythest? If you believe innovation and creativity is the child of a capitalistic philosophy, how could that philosophy have been realized with the gold standard?

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't engineered by rich psychopaths.

I guess cheating to get ahead ( slavery, abolishing the hemp industry in favour of cotton, lumber, OIL, creating unjust Wars for economic gain, etc) has served everyone really well to this point.

I just pointed out abolishing the gold standard gave the bankers and the Gov the tools to enslave us all completely.

It's a long slow process.

I won't be dragged into right fighting here. I posted an article, that illustrates what our gov is really up to . Right wing AND left. They're in collusion.

People either choose to wake up, stand together, or continue fighting eachother. ( THAT's what they want) WE are all in the same boat! Sink it or work as a team to keep afloat!

:-6
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Ahso!;1293061 wrote: With the gold standard in place, how would you imagine the American economy could have grown to the extent it has today, Amythest? If you believe innovation and creativity is the child of a capitalistic philosophy, how could that philosophy have been realized with the gold standard?

And so there lies the illusion...

The US economy hasn’t

It is all a lie

It is all borrowed money being passed around making a very few people very rich and almost everyone else close to bankrupt.

Lesson: you are not rich if all of the money that you have is borrowed.

Your economy is not strong if you are on the verge of bankruptcy
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

hoppy;1293062 wrote: I know for a fact under Bush, more people had jobs and the USA didn't owe China mega zillions of $. So, research all you want. You can't deny that.

Obama may very well be the "final nail". He becomes president during massive unemployment. Instead of concentrating on jobs and the economy, he wastes a year on free and cheaper health care. A sure way to increase national debt for a struggling economy. And, does nothing for creating jobs.Creating jobs is not the governments job, Hoppy, it the private sector's responsibility. And yes we were in debt to China during the Bush years.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

mikeinie;1293070 wrote: And so there lies the illusion...

The US economy hasn’t

It is all a lie

It is all borrowed money being passed around making a very few people very rich and almost everyone else close to bankrupt.

Lesson: you are not rich if all of the money that you have is borrowed.

Your economy is not strong if you are on the verge of bankruptcyI completely agree, Mike. But its not a conspiracy. And its not all borrowed either. We have been creating it as of late, figuring either we will find buyers in the near future or we can take it back off the books and out of circulation after it does its job.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Amythest;1293065 wrote: It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't engineered by rich psychopaths.

I guess cheating to get ahead ( slavery, abolishing the hemp industry in favour of cotton, lumber, OIL, creating unjust Wars for economic gain, etc) has served everyone really well to this point.

I just pointed out abolishing the gold standard gave the bankers and the Gov the tools to enslave us all completely.

It's a long slow process.

I won't be dragged into right fighting here. I posted an article, that illustrates what our gov is really up to . Right wing AND left. They're in collusion.

People either choose to wake up, stand together, or continue fighting eachother. ( THAT's what they want) WE are all in the same boat! Sink it or work as a team to keep afloat!

:-6Surely, Amy, if you're inclined to illuminate us of the enslavement we're currently lock in, you can offer an alternative scenario thus informing us how we could have achieved what we have otherwise? :-6

And why do you look so much like Mike?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Amythest

Post by Amythest »

Ahso!;1293075 wrote: Surely, Amy, if you're inclined to illuminate us of the enslavement we're currently lock in, you can offer an alternative scenario thus informing us how we could have achieved what we have otherwise? :-6

And why do you look so much like Mike?

It's not my Job to illuminate anyone. I share the info i have found, and it's up to others to decide which direction they wish to take.:driving:

Seems too many here just want to pummel eachother. I'm not biting.

I'll stand on my soapbox here, then get sniped with the usual labels, insults and ridicule? Be yet another target for somebodies sadistic pleasure or misdirected anger?

For now i have time to spend online but that will change soon enough. I'm not looking to get my head filled with hate or dissension.

I'll offer up one scenario. Look up The Venus Project and investigate Jacques Fresco. I think he's a genius.:yh_alien

I'm just a civilian who woke up too late i think. Some things happened to me that are deeply personal, financial, and i only reveal to my closest friends.

Mike? Mikinie? Avatars? I can only upload my own if i am a supporting member so I'm stuck with the limitted offerings in FG.

I must get on with my domestic duties here and my dog needs a long hike. As do I.

:yh_peace
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I doubt anyone does any pummeling where there are reasonable discussions going on. I'll take a look at the Venus Project (though i think I've heard of it before). There are quite a few highly sensitive people here, I think. But thats more common than we realize.

I was kidding about the avatar thing. Very dry humor.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Ah! Yes I have seen that before and Frisco does seem like a pretty smart guy. It's anyones guess how we will proceed into the future, and overpopulation definitely needs to be addressed somehow. I think its very interesting that so many young women today cannot conceive for various reasons.

I just don't see the conspiracy up to now. Well I see how others see it and I understand why its so plausible to many.

I believe we're where we are because we have all been following the same myth that consumption will make us all prosperous or at least capable of living decently. That myth seems to be being challenged presently.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
BTS

Post by BTS »

Ahso!;1293072 wrote: Creating jobs is not the governments job, Hoppy, it the private sector's responsibility. And yes we were in debt to China during the Bush years.

Do tell how they (companies) are supposed to create jobs when the Gov. has both hands around both testicles?

From the EPA's demands to local tax hikes, companies are leaving America. We have the 2nd HIGHEST corporate tax in the WORLD!!

The US has over 100,000 pages of tax laws, labor laws, OSHA laws, EPA laws, consumer laws, trade laws, patent laws, cap-and trade laws (coming)......... and thousands of NEW laws passed every year......you MUST comply with all ...(too many laws= JOB-KILLer)

US is the most litigious country in the world.

(most lawsuits in the WORLD= job KILLer)

(higher tax rates= job-KILLer)

In a global marketplace where you can run a business anywhere on the planet....ask yourself, Do I want to start it with 2 hands on my testes?

But then again I didn't start this thread about jobs. It is aimed at the corruption in pension funds, mainly union pension funds that average running at 60% funding!!! (that is 40% unfunded)

Teamsters in pension fund pileup; Union, trucking firms see unfunded gap hit $11.3 bil.(News)

Public Employee Benefit Plans: Up to $1 Trillion in Unfunded Liabilities

The politicians and union czars have helped their selfs to the pension funds since the 1990's and it is ALL about to come due.

What was that, that, Obama's Pastor said....OH yah I remember now

"The chickens is coming home ta roost"
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Whats changed? The private sector was creating jobs, wasn't it? During the '90's job creation was booming and it was happening also during the mid Bush years too. Am I wrong about that?

Also, when did it become fashionable for company CEO's to cease supporting their own country and people?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
BTS

Post by BTS »

Ahso!;1293096 wrote: .........

Also, when did it become fashionable for company CEO's to cease supporting their own country and people?

When their Gov. became against and NOT for them!!!!
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

BTS;1293101 wrote: When their Gov. became against and NOT for them!!!!And that began when?

Not fair to ignore the first point.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Amythest

Post by Amythest »

I have to agree with BTS and Scat.

Except the Bush part. He didn't make the pen, or write the speaches but he signed and executed the plan(s). "Commander in Chief".:yh_rotfl

Canada isn't far off with it's taxes, regulations, insurance rip offs, excessive laws.

Testicles aren't the only thing being squeezed or mangled TYVM! :yh_beatup
Amythest

Post by Amythest »

Ahso!;1293085 wrote: I doubt anyone does any pummeling where there are reasonable discussions going on. I'll take a look at the Venus Project (though i think I've heard of it before). There are quite a few highly sensitive people here, I think. But thats more common than we realize.

I was kidding about the avatar thing. Very dry humor.

HahaHA! I told ya I don't get the dry stuff!:-3

Yea I'm sensitive too. ( better than insenstive) Can ya tell?:p

Return to “Societal Issues News”