London Mayor Shuts Down Westminster Bridge in early afternoon

BTS

Post by BTS »

The Mayor of London has decreed that Westminster Bridge will be closed in the early afternoon, on sunny days. This is because a strange phenomenon happens when sunlight passes through the balustrade of the bridge, forming a small army of..... well...... see for yourself!...:)

Attached files
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
spot

Post by spot »

What a very odd notion. We've only ever had two of them and both are noted for their eccentric humour, I can't imagine either trying to prevent that being seen!

http://message.snopes.com/showpost.php? ... ostcount=8 makes the same point. I agree with that thread that the photo's been slightly chopped to produce a leer-inducing bend too.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I'm profoundly shocked. The bridge should be demolished immediately and the architect drawn and quartered.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

spot

Post by spot »

AussiePam;1263234 wrote: I'm profoundly shocked. The bridge should be demolished immediately and the architect drawn and quartered.

Be fair Pam, the guy was born in 1803, he's not likely to have much to draw or to quarter at this late stage.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

He should have thought of that at the time, Spot. I demand he be dug up and at very least given time out.

spot

Post by spot »

AussiePam;1263250 wrote: He should have thought of that at the time, Spot. I demand he be dug up and at very least given time out.

He's in Paris, apparently. Next time you're passing that way. Take a shovel.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

OK. Montmartre or Père-Lachaise??? We could maybe use his pelvic bone as a sort of FG talisman - to ward off trolls etc. Um.. why is he buried in Paris? Did the Brits trust the construction of one of their main tourist attractions to a Froggie?????

Earth has not anything to show more bare:

Dull would he be of wit who could pass by

A sight so naughty makes you wanna cry:

This City now doth not its Y-Fronts wear

The pm beauty is for all to share,

A little phallus and some bollocks lie

Repeated ad finitum neath our eye,

All bright and glittering in the smokeless air.

Never did the sun more beautifully steep

In his late splendour, or give such a thrill;

Ne'er saw I, never felt such pleasure deep!

My psyche riseth at his own sweet will:

Dear God; I'll faint but still I gotta peep

The London Lord Mayor really needs to chill !

spot

Post by spot »

Neither the Oxford Dictionary Of National Biography nor Find A Grave knows his resting place. It'll be in the Times Obituary if you can find copies for 1877.

Neat verse though, you're good at that.

Return to “Societal Issues News”