It's the cost stupid - This ones for Americans

QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

Some of us have been saying from the start that expanding coverage before addressing the underlying cost of health care is a mistake. Of course, some of us do not have a number of letters attached at the end of our name and thus we are going on gut instinct, in some cases such as mine accompanied by several decades of working with health benefits and the people who provide and use them. I recall during the Clinton health care initiative going to a public hearing and seeing one person after the other give horror stories about their medical care and the failure of their benefits to cover it all in full, but I heard not one word about the cost of the care of why a certain amount was charged for this or that service.

White House advisor Ezekiel Emanuel has taken a lot of flak recently over the bogus flap about death panels, but if you read some of his past writings, you may take heart in his assessment of health care and its costs. It is, however, very unfortunate that the politicians pushing their version of “reform” do not pay attention to the advice he is giving.

It's the cost stupid
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

As an Englishman the thread title intriqued me.......Is it inferring Americans are stupid ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bruv;1234799 wrote: As an Englishman the thread title intriqued me.......Is it inferring Americans are stupid ?

Or is it the start of a segregated Forum?
Lon

Post by Lon »

American Thinker Blog: Healthcare: It's the Cost, Stupid!
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

Bruv;1234799 wrote: As an Englishman the thread title intriqued me.......Is it inferring Americans are stupid ?

For Americans who believe that the fundamental problem is the lack of coverage by many Americans and not the cost of our care, that's exactly what it means.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog

Return to “Societal Issues News”