Email virus warning

OpenMind

Email virus warning

Post by OpenMind »

I was passed this message by a friend today.

I don't know if it's true or not but I'm passing it on to be on the safe side.

URGENT

TWO SUBJECT LINES TO BEWARE OF:

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY. READ AND HEED.

PLEASE INFORM EVERYONE

Emails with pictures of Osama Bin-Laden hanged are being sent and the moment that you open these emails your computer will crash and you will not be able to fix it!

If you get an email along the lines of 'Osama Bin Laden Captured' or 'Osama Hanged', don't open the attachment.

This e-mail is being distributed through countries around the globe, but mainly in the US and Israel

Be considerate & send this warning to who ever you know.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS:

You should be alert during the next few days:

Do not open any message with an attached file called 'Invitation' regardless of who sent it.

It is a virus that opens an Olympic Torch which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.

This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list, that is why you should send this e-mail to all your contacts.

It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it

If you receive a mail called 'invitation', though sent by a friend, do not open it and shut down your computer immediately.

This is the worst virus announced by CNN, it has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.

This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus.

This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

SEND THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

Kathy Ellen

Email virus warning

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi OpenMind:-6

I just found out recently that my laptop is chock full of viruses and that's why my laptop keeps turning itself off.

I don't understand why I have these viruses. I changed from Trent anti-virus program and downloaded AVG....even paid for it. That's when the problems started. AVG scans and states that there's nothing wrong with my laptop....all is good:confused: I have to have my tekkie guy undo all the viruses.

I have something called "Blue Screen.":mad::mad:

I don't open any attachments on my email and run scans on my laptop every single day and only have good reports:mad:

THANK YOU for the update on this virus...I will be on the lookout for it.
Bill Sikes

Email virus warning

Post by Bill Sikes »

Hoax, originating in 2006.
Bryn Mawr

Email virus warning

Post by Bryn Mawr »

True but outdated :-

snopes.com: Osama Captured/Hanged Virus
Bill Sikes

Email virus warning

Post by Bill Sikes »

Ooops, how time flies!
Oscar Namechange

Email virus warning

Post by Oscar Namechange »

My husbands pc is infected with a worm......... NOMAD
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
along-for-the-ride

Email virus warning

Post by along-for-the-ride »

oscar;1178943 wrote: My husbands pc is infected with a worm......... NOMAD

:wah: Good one, oscar.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
qsducks

Email virus warning

Post by qsducks »

I've got 3 anti virus thingy's on my pc. We are over protected:thinking:
Bryn Mawr

Email virus warning

Post by Bryn Mawr »

qsducks;1178955 wrote: I've got 3 anti virus thingy's on my pc. We are over protected:thinking:

You are - they're jealous beasts and will fight if caged together.
qsducks

Email virus warning

Post by qsducks »

Bryn Mawr;1178962 wrote: You are - they're jealous beasts and will fight if caged together.

Dude, I've got 4 kids...try sitting in a truck with them all arguing:yh_rotfl....now that is a major virus:yh_rotfl
Odie

Email virus warning

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1178928 wrote: I was passed this message by a friend today.

I don't know if it's true or not but I'm passing it on to be on the safe side.

URGENT

TWO SUBJECT LINES TO BEWARE OF:

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY. READ AND HEED.

PLEASE INFORM EVERYONE

Emails with pictures of Osama Bin-Laden hanged are being sent and the moment that you open these emails your computer will crash and you will not be able to fix it!

If you get an email along the lines of 'Osama Bin Laden Captured' or 'Osama Hanged', don't open the attachment.

This e-mail is being distributed through countries around the globe, but mainly in the US and Israel

Be considerate & send this warning to who ever you know.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS:

You should be alert during the next few days:

Do not open any message with an attached file called 'Invitation' regardless of who sent it.

It is a virus that opens an Olympic Torch which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.

This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list, that is why you should send this e-mail to all your contacts.

It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it

If you receive a mail called 'invitation', though sent by a friend, do not open it and shut down your computer immediately.

This is the worst virus announced by CNN, it has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.

This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus.

This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

SEND THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

I never open emails from people I don't know.

thanks for the tip!:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
OpenMind

Email virus warning

Post by OpenMind »

Kathy Ellen;1178933 wrote: Hi OpenMind:-6

I just found out recently that my laptop is chock full of viruses and that's why my laptop keeps turning itself off.

I don't understand why I have these viruses. I changed from Trent anti-virus program and downloaded AVG....even paid for it. That's when the problems started. AVG scans and states that there's nothing wrong with my laptop....all is good:confused: I have to have my tekkie guy undo all the viruses.

I have something called "Blue Screen.":mad::mad:

I don't open any attachments on my email and run scans on my laptop every single day and only have good reports:mad:

THANK YOU for the update on this virus...I will be on the lookout for it.

It's worth asking your techie guy what the best antivirus program is. You should review this every year though as the crooks that write these viruses are always improving the viruses.

Return to “Societal Issues News”