The modern day Nightingales need our support

OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... ppeal.html

We need more people like this. People who will stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves.
Swimming maggie

Post by Swimming maggie »

OpenMind;1176904 wrote: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... ppeal.html

We need more people like this. People who will stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves.

I totally agreen OM, our elderly should be given the same treatment and respect as any other patient and should be respected by all who look after them because without them we wouldn't be here.

I hope she wins her appeal and that more people like her speak out about poor treatment and those who disagree should remember that one day they could be on the receiving end of this kind of disgusting and degrading treatment.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Swimming maggie;1176923 wrote: I totally agreen OM, our elderly should be given the same treatment and respect as any other patient and should be respected by all who look after them because without them we wouldn't be here.

I hope she wins her appeal and that more people like her speak out about poor treatment and those who disagree should remember that one day they could be on the receiving end of this kind of disgusting and degrading treatment.

That's how I see it, Maggie. Thank you.:-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

My mom is elderly and has been in a beautiful nursing home for 4 years now.

The patients are treated with care, respect, thoughtfulness, kindness & integrity as it should be.

How do I know this? Before we chose a home for mom, as she could not chose one on her own due to Alzheimer's, we searched 5 different nursing homes and then chose the right one best suited for MOM's needs and wants......not ours.

With the one we had in mind, someone from our family would visit there quite often and at all times of the day and at night....you have access 24/7....by code only.

So, I went over myself one night at 2am, mom was of course sound asleep and all caregivers and the head nurse were 'quietly' talking as to not wake the patients up.

To many seniors are not treated this way, seniors have rights, even more than we do, they deserve the best life can offer them because they have been there and done it all.......-respect and care are the top two on my list.....on how they should be treated.
Life is just to short for drama.
Swimming maggie

Post by Swimming maggie »

yes I agree, my Uncle and father in law were both in the same nursing home a few years ago and they were both well looked after by very caring and loving people, all their needs were taken care of with great compassion and sadly when they both passed away quite a few carers from the home came to their funerals to pay their last respects, their love and support lasted to the very end.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

One thing all of us need to remember. If we live long enough and become elderly, how will we want to be treated?

I think all care-givers should especially think about this.,

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “Societal Issues News”