Art by Raven

Discuss Arts and Crafts! Painting, sculpture, pottery, craft kits, plans, and ideas! Talk about projects that children can do as well.
Raven

Art by Raven

Post by Raven »

Heres some of the stuff I do. Hope you like them! They were all done in oil. Using windsor/newton products and pigments.

Attached files
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
chrisb84uk

Art by Raven

Post by chrisb84uk »

Very nice, very nice indeed Raven. Did they take you long to do?
lady cop

Art by Raven

Post by lady cop »

they're wonderful Raven! i really like the reclining lady egyptian.
pink princess

Art by Raven

Post by pink princess »

wow girl they are good!

the tutenkamun (i so spelt that wrong!) one is fantastic, from the picture you posted it looks like its a photo not an oil painting....

fantabulous my dear! :D
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
Raven

Art by Raven

Post by Raven »

chrisb84uk wrote: Very nice, very nice indeed Raven. Did they take you long to do?
Only the tut. and the arimathea. The others I painted when the iraq thing took off. Because of these two.......I didnt get much sleep for awhile.:-4 But they are back safe and sound..and in one piece. (my two sons) done in oil from their military photos.

Attached files
Raven

Art by Raven

Post by Raven »

lady cop wrote: they're wonderful Raven! i really like the reclining lady egyptian.
Thank you darling! Being the scorpio you are.....it's no wonder you like her....thats a famous rendition of cleopatra. I just put my own twist to it.:cool:
Raven

Art by Raven

Post by Raven »

pink princess wrote: wow girl they are good!

the tutenkamun (i so spelt that wrong!) one is fantastic, from the picture you posted it looks like its a photo not an oil painting....

fantabulous my dear! :D
That one took me ages! I did it from a photo of the mask. Metal was always a fascinating challenge for me. I wanted to be able to do it in oil rather than airbrush.
hotsauce

Art by Raven

Post by hotsauce »

WOW! very nice indeed...i'm partial to the rose...love the colors!
scenerio

Art by Raven

Post by scenerio »

this is really good raven

did you take any classes?;)
In between the world of dreams,its all just shadows and light
Bez

Art by Raven

Post by Bez »

You have a fantastic talent raven...I love the blue rose
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
robinseggs

Art by Raven

Post by robinseggs »

You are very talented!!! Enjoyed those!!
Nature laughs Last
Raven

Art by Raven

Post by Raven »

Thank you all very much! I would love nothing more than to be able to paint all the time.....but alas...economics calls! I'm just glad they put a place in here to be able to share!:-6
along-for-the-ride

Art by Raven

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Thanks for sharing, raven. You do have talent, girl. I like to sketch, myself. Pencil and charcoal.:)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
minks

Art by Raven

Post by minks »

I was wondering if you were going to post the lads. I was waiting. Love them even second time around. You are so good.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Raven

Art by Raven

Post by Raven »

minks wrote: I was wondering if you were going to post the lads. I was waiting. Love them even second time around. You are so good.
Yeah......I wasnt, you know. But I figured it safe enough here.
Raven

Art by Raven

Post by Raven »

canaan wrote: Those are great Raven! I used to love to paint when I was younger. My canvas had numbers on it though. :p You have a real talent!
Aw shucks you guys! Thanks alot for that! I do love painting. I've been painting since I was 11. I took a year of serious study at John Herron School of Art in Indianapolis. Part of the Indiana University group. I would love nothing more than to be able to paint full time.:-4

But I do alot of portraits and things. As a matter of fact it's going to be real busy time soon!!
Skeeter

Art by Raven

Post by Skeeter »

Love your paintings...I, too, paint but paint things I love, I painted one ocean scene for my husband since he loves the sea...mostly roses that I have painted, just finished a cold winter picture of an old barn that I have painted in every season now...the pictures have been given away mostly...quite a few on my walls.I began using Grumbacher oils but switched mostly to Windsor because I wanted some of the 'blues' that I could not get in Grumbacher...I wouldn't have a clue how to put them onto the computer...I am really a computer dunce.

I have painted a couple of little Ann and Andy with their red yarn hair, etc...they went to two of my little great grandsons...they loved them..painted one 'huge' rose that could have sold many times over but gave in to my granddaughters pleas...she could have any thing I have..quite a jewel...but this makes me wonder about the connection that I felt to your challenge to start and then knew you were very talented in some areas but happy to find out you also paint...Have fun and really enjoy .....I have paintings from coast to coast some I sold and some I just gave away...if you ever run across one signed MINJI...thats me.
Preach the gospel at all times and if necessary use words..:driving: .a thought home.
Raven

Art by Raven

Post by Raven »

I'll admit, I havent painted much since moving to england, but thats about to change.:-6

But I'm glad you liked them! I'm getting ready to start on the last supper. I'll post it when it's done.
booradley

Art by Raven

Post by booradley »

Wow, you have a special gift, Raven. I do like the one of your sons.
Southern Belle

Art by Raven

Post by Southern Belle »

Gee, that rose looks very familiar,,,,,,,,,,

So glad you managed to get it back from the Post Office
BabyRider

Art by Raven

Post by BabyRider »

Southern Belle wrote: Gee, that rose looks very familiar,,,,,,,,,,

So glad you managed to get it back from the Post Office
??? :confused:
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Southern Belle

Art by Raven

Post by Southern Belle »

Ask Raven
SweetDarlin

Art by Raven

Post by SweetDarlin »

Southern Belle wrote: Gee, that rose looks very familiar,,,,,,,,,,

So glad you managed to get it back from the Post OfficeWas that a joke? Or are you trying to suggest something very impolite?
[FONT=Georgia]

[/FONT]
BabyRider

Art by Raven

Post by BabyRider »

Southern Belle wrote: Ask Raven
Raven's not around much and I'm asking you.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Southern Belle

Art by Raven

Post by Southern Belle »

SweetDarlin wrote: Was that a joke? Or are you trying to suggest something very impolite?

It's not a joke and it's not impolite. Raven will know exactly what I'm referring to.
SweetDarlin

Art by Raven

Post by SweetDarlin »

Southern Belle wrote: It's not a joke and it's not impolite. Raven will know exactly what I'm referring to.okay. I'll butt out. No need to get in a fit over something I do not understand...

waits for Raven...
[FONT=Georgia]

[/FONT]
Southern Belle

Art by Raven

Post by Southern Belle »

BabyRider wrote: Raven's not around much and I'm asking you.

Fine,,,,,,

The name of that painting is "Strega's Rose". Raven painted it from a picture I had that she asked if she could copy. When it was done, she got my address and said she sent the picture to me.

When I never received the painting, she told me someone at the Post Office tried to steal it, but since she had her name and address on the back of the painting, she managed to get it returned. She told me she'd let me know when she mailed it again.

No, I never heard another word from her about the painting.
Southern Belle

Art by Raven

Post by Southern Belle »

SweetDarlin wrote: okay. I'll butt out. No need to get in a fit over something I do not understand...

waits for Raven...

Since your other member asked,,,,,see above post
SweetDarlin

Art by Raven

Post by SweetDarlin »

Southern Belle wrote: Fine,,,,,,

The name of that painting is "Strega's Rose". Raven painted it from a picture I had that she asked if she could copy. When it was done, she got my address and said she sent the picture to me.

When I never received the painting, she told me someone at the Post Office tried to steal it, but since she had her name and address on the back of the painting, she managed to get it returned. She told me she'd let me know when she mailed it again.

No, I never heard another word from her about the painting.ahhh i see, it's personal.. sorry to step in it.

(Perhaps the painting was photographed before mailed?) just sayin... walking away.. butting out...
[FONT=Georgia]

[/FONT]
BabyRider

Art by Raven

Post by BabyRider »

Southern Belle wrote: Fine,,,,,,

No, I never heard another word from her about the painting.
Ahh...I get it now. You are here hoping to get some support for your presumed and unproven slight? Whatever drama has happened between you and your pals and members of this forum, we're really not interested in it. Don't drag your crap from elsewhere into FG. It's really easy to accuse people of all sorts of things when they're not here to defend themselves. Take this garbage to a PM.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Southern Belle

Art by Raven

Post by Southern Belle »

BabyRider wrote: Ahh...I get it now. You are here hoping to get some support for your presumed and unproven slight? Whatever drama has happened between you and your pals and members of this forum, we're really not interested in it. Don't drag your crap from elsewhere into FG. It's really easy to accuse people of all sorts of things when they're not here to defend themselves. Take this garbage to a PM.

Hey, you pushed the question, so I answered it.

This isn't garbage or presumed, so where do you get off acting like an ass now?

As for drama from before, well, I'm just here to post and have a chatter now and again. What's your problem?
BabyRider

Art by Raven

Post by BabyRider »

Southern Belle wrote: Hey, you pushed the question, so I answered it.

As for drama from before, well, I'm just here to post and have a chatter now and again. What's your problem?
Actually, you began the whole thing with your thinly veiled accusation. You just couldn't resist the opportunity to dredge up previous crap, could you? Well, we don't want to be the arena for your sophomoric battles, and if clarifying that makes me an ass in your eyes, I'm pretty sure I won't be losing much sleep over it.

My problem is that I'm too well informed, I suppose. Take that for whatever it's worth to you.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Southern Belle

Art by Raven

Post by Southern Belle »

BabyRider wrote: Actually, you began the whole thing with your thinly veiled accusation. You just couldn't resist the opportunity to dredge up previous crap, could you? Well, we don't want to be the arena for your sophomoric battles, and if clarifying that makes me an ass in your eyes, I'm pretty sure I won't be losing much sleep over it.

My problem is that I'm too well informed, I suppose. Take that for whatever it's worth to you.

My original statement was just that - a statement. Not an accusation. Seems you're classifying things as you see them, Darlin'.

Well informed? :wah: I'd say you're butting in where you haven't a clue and it's none of your business anyway.

And yeah,,,,you've pretty much proven yourself an ass. Lots of big words in your reponse there, Darlin'. No, they don't make you look any more intelligent. As for your sleeping difficulties, well, that's obviously your problem.
minks

Art by Raven

Post by minks »

Southern Belle wrote: Hey, you pushed the question, so I answered it.

"Drama from before" ok come on now, you Wicked moons come into this forum and the first place you go for is Ravens posts. You have dragged your past issues into a board you really have no place being. This place is not your style and we don't have issues with you people. If you have issues with one or more of our members take it up with them via email, or in your own forum or anywhere else. It is between you and them not the rest of us. If you are doing it for fun to get a rise out of us, or if you are just trying to stir up a peaceful board then your being annoying.

― Mae West
minks

Art by Raven

Post by minks »

Southern Belle wrote: My original statement was just that - a statement. Not an accusation. Seems you're classifying things as you see them, Darlin'.

Well informed? :wah: I'd say you're butting in where you haven't a clue and it's none of your business anyway.

And yeah,,,,you've pretty much proven yourself an ass. Lots of big words in your reponse there, Darlin'. No, they don't make you look any more intelligent. As for your sleeping difficulties, well, that's obviously your problem.

Take it back to where you came from, we are so not interested here in FG.

― Mae West
BabyRider

Art by Raven

Post by BabyRider »

Southern Belle wrote: My original statement was just that - a statement. Not an accusation. Seems you're classifying things as you see them, Darlin'.
That's exactly right, very good! I do classify things as I see them, such as accusations, trolls, pot stirrers, etc. I can smell 'em a mile away, and I gotta say, the stench in here is gettin' bad.

SouthernBelle wrote:

You made it entirely my business by dragging it into a public arena. IF you wanted to keep it private, you would have. That alone proves your trolling tendencies.

SouthernBelle wrote: And yeah,,,,you've pretty much proven yourself an ass. Lots of big words in your reponse there, Darlin'. No, they don't make you look any more intelligent. As for your sleeping difficulties, well, that's obviously your problem.
Proven myself an ass to you? Great, at least we've got that part out of the way. Cuz, yeah, I'm an ass to anyone who drops in here with the sole purpose of starting a troll-fest. You and your group are as transparent as glass.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Southern Belle

Art by Raven

Post by Southern Belle »

minks wrote: Take it back to where you came from, we are so not interested here in FG.

I was just answering a pushy question from one of your members. Now I get all this extraneous garbage from someone else?:rolleyes:

The original statement was simply a statement. I'd not seen this thread until it came up on the today's posts.

Get over yourself, KKK. It's not all about you.
Southern Belle

Art by Raven

Post by Southern Belle »

BabyRider wrote: Proven myself an ass to you? Great, at least we've got that part out of the way. Cuz, yeah, I'm an ass to anyone who drops in here with the sole purpose of starting a troll-fest. You and your group are as transparent as glass.

I didn't stop in here to start a 'troll-fest (your word, Darlin') Like I said,,,,,I came here for a post and a chatter. You had to get pushy about a statement and now you want to blame me for answering your question?

I think you're smelling yourself - 'cause you're pretty much full of it.
BabyRider

Art by Raven

Post by BabyRider »

Southern Belle wrote: I didn't stop in here to start a 'troll-fest (your word, Darlin') Like I said,,,,,I came here for a post and a chatter. You had to get pushy about a statement and now you want to blame me for answering your question?

I think you're smelling yourself - 'cause you're pretty much full of it.
Yup, you just go ahead and continue to delude yourself. The rest of us here aren't quite so ignorant.

You made a comment IN PUBLIC that I asked for clarification on. That's what this place is about. When you make remarks like that, expect them to be questioned. If you can't hack that, I suggest you go hang in a teeny-bopper forum, that might be more your speed.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

minks

Art by Raven

Post by minks »

Southern Belle wrote: I was just answering a pushy question from one of your members. Now I get all this extraneous garbage from someone else?:rolleyes:

The original statement was simply a statement. I'd not seen this thread until it came up on the today's posts.

Get over yourself, KKK. It's not all about you.

Ohhh ouch! You hurt me with your words .... Are you telling me I can't join my friend in support? Surely you are familiar with "gang up" tactics. Let me just signal more of BR's friends to come and join in.....

― Mae West
Southern Belle

Art by Raven

Post by Southern Belle »

minks wrote: Ohhh ouch! You hurt me with your words .... Are you telling me I can't join my friend in support? Surely you are familiar with "gang up" tactics. Let me just signal more of BR's friends to come and join in.....

Whatever,,,,,y'all have this 'we're so great' mentality and you're still just the hateful twit you always were.
Southern Belle

Art by Raven

Post by Southern Belle »

BabyRider wrote: I suggest you go hang in a teeny-bopper forum, that might be more your speed.

Naw,,,,,sounds like more your speed, Darlin'. That way you can tell yourself how intelligent and supportive y'all are:yh_clap
SweetDarlin

Art by Raven

Post by SweetDarlin »

I'm trying to stay out of this.. seemed innocent enough.. but now I think not. You can't call Minks a hateful twit on my watch without repercussions...

*calling in reinforcements.
[FONT=Georgia]

[/FONT]
Southern Belle

Art by Raven

Post by Southern Belle »

SweetDarlin wrote: I'm trying to stay out of this.. seemed innocent enough.. but now I think not. You can't call Minks a hateful twit on my watch without repercussions...

*calling in reinforcements.

:wah:
SweetDarlin

Art by Raven

Post by SweetDarlin »

Southern Belle wrote: y'all have this 'we're so great' mentality We do? I love this forum. it IS great... why? Because the people treat each other well. The last few days I've seen a lot of your kind. I'm thinking perhaps the door needs fixin. HUFF. :thinking:
[FONT=Georgia]

[/FONT]
minks

Art by Raven

Post by minks »

Southern Belle wrote: Whatever,,,,,y'all have this 'we're so great' mentality and you're still just the hateful twit you always were.

Strega you don't belong here anymore than I belonged to your "hateful" forum nor do the rest of the WM members belong here, and your numbers are growing less by the day because of it. Maybe quitting while your ahead is a plan. And if you hate me that may be good incentive for you to leave now.

― Mae West
Southern Belle

Art by Raven

Post by Southern Belle »

SweetDarlin wrote: We do? I love this forum. it IS great... why? Because the people treat each other well. The last few days I've seen a lot of your kind. I'm thinking perhaps the door needs fixin. HUFF. :thinking:

My kind? You mean people who say what they mean when they mean it? To your face as opposed to back-stabbing?

Well, Darlin', iffen you think that door needs fixin', I guess you better get to fixin' it :wah:

Return to “Arts Crafts”