Artist by Day, Soldier by night

Discuss Arts and Crafts! Painting, sculpture, pottery, craft kits, plans, and ideas! Talk about projects that children can do as well.
ohsnapitstez

Post by ohsnapitstez »

Even though I am an active duty soldier and the government would rather I be a soldier first, I'm an artist through and through. This causes alot of stress on me as art really isn't that lucrative anymore, but soldiering is a guaranteed source of life support. So without further ado, I introduce to you my website. I write comics and scripts, and I draw, but you won't see my comic strips online because I write out my stuff before I draw it these days. You will see a random collection of arts throughout 2007-now.

Tunnel Vision 2: QuatezReid.com - Quatez Reid.com Version 2: Tunnel Vision Home Page

I update it frequently so there is always something new there.

Thanks for viewing.
For more insights in the world of me, please visit [Link removed by Moderator]. Its supercool.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I like that "Recon First" sketch with the wolves, do you have a finished version?
ohsnapitstez

Post by ohsnapitstez »

Thank you for liking it. That's my platoon's motto. My Platoon Sergeant actually requisitioned it from me. I do have a colored version of it. Let me see if I can link it.
For more insights in the world of me, please visit [Link removed by Moderator]. Its supercool.
ohsnapitstez

Post by ohsnapitstez »

Had to go post it online.

The colors are pretty flat but thats what happens when you don't give a soldier incentives for his hardwork :)
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Did they make patches out of it? Patches would look awesome with that design.
ohsnapitstez

Post by ohsnapitstez »

Thank you, seriously again. No, my PSG just wanted a "mascot", so I made him one. Then he wanted a design. I did the design but I wanted something, atleast a 3day pass or a guide-on or something. Maybe even a lame COA. But I didn't get the patch or anything. I just never gave him the design because I felt like he was getting premium work for free, so I sabotaged the design. If you look closely, you can see "Dragon Balls" in the picture. The two fonts clash with eachother, and those wolves are pretty flat. Once dragon ballls get thrown in a picture, I guess soldiers back up lol
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I have no idea what dragon balls are. Dinosaur testicles?
ohsnapitstez

Post by ohsnapitstez »

LOl ok, I'll try to make this super brief because there is a lot to tell. Dragon Ball was a SUPER POPULAR cartoon in Japan in the 80s. It was based off the Chinese Story "Journey to the West" about the Monkey King Son Goku. Dragon Ball was similar, given the title character was also named Son Goku and had a tail like a monkey. The main goal of Dragon Ball was to find the 7 mystical dragon balls. Once gathered, a dragon would appear to grant any wish the user wanted, whether that be a harem of hot girls, a new car, immortality or whatever. It was an martial arts action comedy. It spawned a sequel series called Dragon Ball Z, which was not so much comedy, and much more fighting.

So basically, a dragon ball is like the symbol of my childhood. And you'll know dragon balls because the number of the ball is represented by the number of stars it has. On the hubcap of the front left tire, you see the 4 star ball, which was the main character. Goku's favorite ball and currently the most popular merchandise piece from the show.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Stoned by day, warriors by night.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Didn't mean you. Meant the Gargoyles.
ohsnapitstez

Post by ohsnapitstez »

Lol, you are my new best friend :). Man I remember gargoyles. That was a dark show for kids back in the day, that spawned a crapton of ripoff shows. My favorite being StreetSharks.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Deflagrate muri intervallia!

eta: make that--

Deslagrate muri tempe et intervalia!

I think it should have been 'deFlagrate', but they said deslagrate.

Return to “Arts Crafts”