Chainmaille Jewellery and Dreamcatchers.

Discuss Arts and Crafts! Painting, sculpture, pottery, craft kits, plans, and ideas! Talk about projects that children can do as well.
Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Although I've been doing the odd little amounts of beadwork since 1990, I decided to add chainmaille into my work. This is a hobby/interest that I like to do. I started doing chainmaille since 2002 and yes it's an addiction. Just putting a Russian dreamcatcher for my friend. :) Attached are a few pieces that I have done.

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

You do lovely work. How long does it take to create a piece....like the dreamcatcher, for instance? I'm familiar with the Native American dreamcatchers. I did not know there were Russian dreamcatchers.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

along-for-the-ride;1359991 wrote: You do lovely work. How long does it take to create a piece....like the dreamcatcher, for instance? I'm familiar with the Native American dreamcatchers. I did not know there were Russian dreamcatchers.

Thank you. It depends on the size of the craft ring I use really, 3 inch takes a day or two, a 5 inch takes about 3 days and a 8 inch takes about a week and a half. I'm a huge fan of Native American Indians and I've been making chainmaille dreamcatchers since December 2002. :) Jewellery takes a few days to put together also depending on the design. There isn't Russian dreamcatchers, my dreamcatchers always has a theme to them and the Russian one I am doing is just in colours of red, blue and silver which is used instead of white and just adding Russian flag charms on the bottom. :)

Return to “Arts Crafts”