Watercolours

Discuss Arts and Crafts! Painting, sculpture, pottery, craft kits, plans, and ideas! Talk about projects that children can do as well.
freetobeme

Watercolours

Post by freetobeme »

Hi: this is one my attempts at watercolour, I added a tich of darks and detail after this pic.

cheers

Attached files
senior's politics and discussion
spot

Watercolours

Post by spot »

It's very Kentish with the oast houses. Do they have those in Canada as well?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

Watercolours

Post by koan »

Gorgeous!

I love the fence in the foreground!

more please. :)
freetobeme

Watercolours

Post by freetobeme »

spot;705302 wrote: It's very Kentish with the oast houses. Do they have those in Canada as well?

Hey your right, it's not Canadian, have you been to Kent ?

Here's a couple more, most of my others aren't worth posting LOL

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

Watercolours

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I like your pictures. The colors are rich for watercolors.:)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
spot

Watercolours

Post by spot »

freetobeme;705333 wrote: Hey your right, it's not Canadian, have you been to Kent ?I used to camp there in the summer holidays, it's very pretty countryside.

I stayed in one of those cottages on the left in Clovelly as well.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
freetobeme

Watercolours

Post by freetobeme »

[QUOTE=magenta flame;705341]are you up for a critique? tha first looks light you tried to paint it as though acrylic.

the second i really do like and the third is more a sence of watercolour.

this is a very good forum if you are wanting to learn or get some constructive crit

Thanks all for the comments...

I am a member of wet canvas actually, which reminds me I should go there, it's been a while...

I'm up for crit. but not sure what you mean by painting it as though acrylic... I only just bought some acrylics for fun, and actually tried it in acrylic first, this is the attempt but not finished. This one was painted as though watercolour :)- I think I'll try another thicker layer... who knows what will happen.

Attached files
cinamin

Watercolours

Post by cinamin »

Oh those are beautiful.:p
watermark

Watercolours

Post by watermark »

freetobeme-

Thanks for posting your paintings. So much fun to see original art on the internet!The two watercolors you posted second, the village and streetscape are great, reminds me of the usefulness of the medium, sketching/drawing a scene with color in all its gloriousness. I love watercolor because of the way it goes everywhere depending on how much water you add, though that's why I hate it as well ;); so hard to control. I'd rather critique it than do it-hahahahahaha

Magenta-

That's an interesting site. You know though the thing that makes critiquing paintings on the web or looking at paintings difficult and valid is that colors and forms are intensified and mistakes/errors are diminished. Guess you can critique other stuff, but for the most part on the internet you don't really see the true picture (no pun intended). But like I said to freetobeme I love seeing original art up here and there and everywhere!

Happy painting!
freetobeme

Watercolours

Post by freetobeme »

Thanks all, I do agree that they look better posted on here than in reality :)

Havn't done much for a while, I think when I'm over Thanksgiving and back to a normal routine I'll get the brushes wet - maybe the pens too. :o
AussiePam

Watercolours

Post by AussiePam »

Lovely!!! Thankyou freetobeme!!

:-6
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

AussiePam

Watercolours

Post by AussiePam »

10:12 The referee was blind and deaf, and we wuz robbed. The England team made the rules up as they went along. Grin. So next it's gonna be like old times - ze cursed EEEEngleesh against ze noble French!!! :sneaky:

And this new battle perhaps could be recorded - not in Bayeux type tapestry - but in watercolour paint. Snookums!!!

:-6
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

weeder

Watercolours

Post by weeder »

Beautiful. I love the third one. I would buy it. I recently switched from acrillics to water colors. Its quite a challenge, and difficult. Keep at it.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
freetobeme

Watercolours

Post by freetobeme »

Thanks for the comments.

Will do, have to get my room cleaned up to I can find the paints etc. It's the same area the computer is in so get a leeettle bit cluttered. :wah:
RedGlitter

Watercolours

Post by RedGlitter »

I'm not here to offer critique, just to admire. I like all the paintings, Free. In the first one I really like the way you did the shadowing under the arches. I think they're all great. I never got into watercolors too much, I still paint with oils myself. I hope you'll show us more! :)
watermark

Watercolours

Post by watermark »

magenta flame;705706 wrote: Remeber what an opinion is and what a critique is though.

I honestly don't know the difference, please explain :-2 :)
watermark

Watercolours

Post by watermark »

freetobeme;705687 wrote: Thanks all, I do agree that they look better posted on here than in reality :)

:o

No, I wasn't implying your painting looked better on internet than in reality :-6, I was just commenting that it is difficult to make any kind of evaluative statement about a painting that is exhibited this way. For all someone knows your painting could be even better in reality than on here.

However, the same idea, shrinking a painting or artwork to fit the internet, can be used successfully on postcards, greeting cards and the like, where your piece is bound to look smashing! and you can send them off to eveyrone you know. Or you might sell the cards (always the entrepreneur). The idea isn't new but few artists make money this way. Guess they don't want to sacrifice their integrity or something.

bye bye
watermark

Watercolours

Post by watermark »

magenta flame;706156 wrote: An Opinion is the overall opinion of the look of an artwork like: "OMG what the hell is that". Or "What an extraordinary piece isn't it lovely" or "that painting makes me want to cry ".

A criitque is the overall appreciataton of the piece. An opinion on the artists style, strokes, use of light etc, : "Oh I see what you've down here, the way you've brought the side of the barn to the forefront of the picture ", "May I suggest", or just an overall statment about the change in style and an appreciation of the artists diversion to another medium.

Actually I would love to see the first of freetobemes' first paintings in pastel . I believe it the perfect composition for pastel.

Anyway that's the differece, so people shouldn't get upset about a critique.

Thanks, great explanation!

E

Return to “Arts Crafts”