RESIN ART (Tutorial)

Discuss Arts and Crafts! Painting, sculpture, pottery, craft kits, plans, and ideas! Talk about projects that children can do as well.
RedGlitter

RESIN ART (Tutorial)

Post by RedGlitter »

I just came across the website and I'm sticking it here for anyone who wants to try this. I make these things in my studio (aka garage) and they come out pretty neat. You can get very creative with them.

http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/resin.html

The Envirotex reeks and you have to work FAST before it sets up and it gets very hot but it works well once you get used to it. There may be better resins to use, I'm planning on experimenting with some soon. Maybe someone here already does this and has some ideas??

weeder

RESIN ART (Tutorial)

Post by weeder »

Very Interesting. I love them What are they? I dont know what resin is... but there is someone here in my little town who makes jewelry that looks similar. She sells it like crazy
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
RedGlitter

RESIN ART (Tutorial)

Post by RedGlitter »

Hi Weeder, I think those might be pins or part of a necklace. They're not my own. Resin is a clear liquid substance that turns hard. Used usually for protection. The kind I use has two parts and when one part is mixed with the other, it becomes hot, I have to apply it to my stuff fast and then it sets overnight.
ashleydoom

RESIN ART (Tutorial)

Post by ashleydoom »

Oh Thank you thank you!

I've been trying to find some good tutorials on this for awhile.

:D:D:D:D
RedGlitter

RESIN ART (Tutorial)

Post by RedGlitter »

All right Ashley!!

I'm glad someone is finally getting some use out of this post!!

Thank YOU! :)
ashleydoom

RESIN ART (Tutorial)

Post by ashleydoom »

I'm defiantly going to bookmark it. I defiantly want to try this out. All i need to do is get some cash and go pick up the supplies. I already have a few ideas. :p

Return to “Arts Crafts”