Candle Decorating?

Discuss Arts and Crafts! Painting, sculpture, pottery, craft kits, plans, and ideas! Talk about projects that children can do as well.
rainbowsmiles

Candle Decorating?

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Anyone out there make candles? Have you ever used acrylic candle paint? I'm looking to buy some but have been to all the local craft stores and haven't found any. Help!
RedGlitter

Candle Decorating?

Post by RedGlitter »

Hi Rainbow,

I have never heard of acrylic candle paint! I have only made a candle once when I was in Brownies. :wah: We melted down crayons, glitter and perfume and poured it into big clamshells, giving them to elderly folks at Christmas. They loved them and it was fun. :)

May I suggest you try www.getcrafty.com? They have a forum there that has all aspects of crafts. It's for people who do a lot of DIY- do it yourselfing. If you ask someone where to find that candle paint, I am sure someone will be able to help you. Advice: stay in the crafting threads. If you go to the regular chat threads, you'll be surrounded by catty, obnoxious chicks. But the craft threads are great! ;)
rainbowsmiles

Candle Decorating?

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Thanks for the advice Redglitter ~ I will definitely go take a look and see what information I get. :)

I will stay away from the chat - that is too bad they have to be so snarky in the chat :( I usually avoid chats for that reason. Its like they are one person on the forum and another in a live chat :(
RedGlitter

Candle Decorating?

Post by RedGlitter »

Rainbow, another fun link for you: www.craftychica.com

Run by Kathy Cano-Murillo. I have several of her craft books. She does a lot of Mexican inspired crafts. Colorful, fun stuff! :)
rainbowsmiles

Candle Decorating?

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Yay! Thanks. I love new craft sites to check out. I've got it open right now and I really like it. I think I need one of those craftychica shirts ~ that is so ME! :D

Next time I'm at the bookstore I'll look her up and see if I can find one of her books! I love that Mexican art is so full of color. Its great for brightening the mood.

Thanks again :)
Marie5656

Candle Decorating?

Post by Marie5656 »

Try this place. We have ordered from them before. Good quality stuff. Not sure if you will find what you want, but they have a big candle making area.

You can also order a hard copy of thier catalog. http://www.glorybee.com/glorybee/Index.html
rainbowsmiles

Candle Decorating?

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Sorry Marie for being so late to say thank you for the link. THANK YOU!

Return to “Arts Crafts”