The Dublin Monaghan Bombings of 1974

A forum to discuss local issues in Ireland.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

The Irish Government has established a Commission of Investigation into the Collusion between the British Security Forces and Loyalists terrorists in bombing Dublin city and County Monaghan in which 34 people lost their lives in 1974.Many of the victims families have been pressing for such an investigation for some time now.

www.unison.ie

government information

www.irisoifigiuil.ie
spot

Post by spot »

capt_buzzard wrote: government information

www.irisoifigiuil.ieCaptain, is it really true that your Government doesn't publish Statutory Instruments on the Internet? I find that astonishing - they can't be secrets of State.

Actually, if you know where the house debates in full are, I'd be grateful for a URL, I've never even been able to find those.

I'm still trying to find any reference anywhere to the enquiry you're talking about.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

spot wrote: Captain, is it really true that your Government doesn't publish Statutory Instruments on the Internet? I find that astonishing - they can't be secrets of State.

Actually, if you know where the house debates in full are, I'd be grateful for a URL, I've never even been able to find those.

I'm still trying to find any reference anywhere to the enquiry you're talking about.Click on the above and contact them yourself. I'm sure they would be delighted to post it to you.
spot

Post by spot »

"This is the first time that a Commission of Investigation has been established under the Commissions of Investigation Act, 2004."

There's a page about it at http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/index.asp?l ... docID=1954
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

If you're in the right frame of mind, the Fifth Report of the Independent Monitoring Commission came out today, too. http://www.justice.ie/80256E010039C5AF/ ... Q6CPDE5-en

And did I not see President Clinton was wandering around the Isle this week, talking with Saint Gerry?
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

spot wrote: If you're in the right frame of mind, the Fifth Report of the Independent Monitoring Commission came out today, too. http://www.justice.ie/80256E010039C5AF/ ... Q6CPDE5-en

And did I not see President Clinton was wandering around the Isle this week, talking with Saint Gerry?Also www.serve.com/pfc/

In which you may also find interesting
spot

Post by spot »

capt_buzzard wrote: Also www.serve.com/pfc/

In which you may also find interestingThere can be few people in England who haven't talked about that over the years. Well, schoolkids excepted. Yes, Captain, I've been following it as it unwinds.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

spot wrote: There can be few people in England who haven't talked about that over the years. Well, schoolkids excepted. Yes, Captain, I've been following it as it unwinds.good on ya comrade:D
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

spot wrote: If you're in the right frame of mind, the Fifth Report of the Independent Monitoring Commission came out today, too. http://www.justice.ie/80256E010039C5AF/ ... Q6CPDE5-en

And did I not see President Clinton was wandering around the Isle this week, talking with Saint Gerry?Yes, not that I'm interested in Mr Clinton. Rev Ian Pasiley told Mr Clinton to go back to the US and stop interfering in Irish affairs.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

And it goes on:

The public inquiry into the death of Robert Hamill (25) who was beaten to death by Ulster Defence Regiment (UDR branch of the Security Forces in Northern Ireland) in Portadown, as he walked home after a night out with his family in April 1997, opened in Craigavon yesterday.

The British government agreed at that time to set up an inquiry into the murder, after the case was examined by former Canadian Judge, Peter Cory.

www.sinnfein.ie/

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

The European court of Human Rights will examine claims that British agents collaborated with Ulster loyalist terrorists in carrying out the Dublin and Monaghan bombings.

The Strasbourg court has told relatives of the 34 people who died in the 1974 blasts that it will begin an examination of the allegations next month.

A campaign group, Justice for the Forgotten, has alleged that Britain has withheld information from the Irish inquiries into the bombings because it does not want to reveal the extent of collusion between the Police in Northern Ireland, and army intelligence and loyalist gangs.

The court's intervention coincides with a new commision of investigation set up by the Irish Government and led by Patrick McEntee, SC.

Three car bombs exploded without warning in Dublin city, and a fourth in Monaghan town on May 17, 1974, killing 34 civilians and an unborn child, and injuring 258 people.

Irish Independent News

www.unison.ie

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

British Prime Minister Tony Blair has five days to decide whether to co-operate with an inquiry into the Dublin and Monaghan bombings or the Irish Government will take Britain to the European courts.

Irish Prime Minister Bertie Ahern to the Irish Government (Dail Eireann) that if the British refuse to hand over files when they meet at the British Irish Intergovernmental Conference on Monday next, he will begin steps to pursue the matter at the European Court of Human Rights.

Irish Independent News

www.unison.ie/
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by capn buzzard

British Prime Minister Tony Blair has five days to decide whether to co-operate with an inquiry into the Dublin and Monaghan bombings or the Irish Government will take Britain to the European courts.

Irish Prime Minister Bertie Ahern to the Irish Government (Dail Eireann) that if the British refuse to hand over files when they meet at the British Irish Intergovernmental Conference on Monday next, he will begin steps to pursue the matter at the European Court of Human Rights.

I thought yoiu did not approve of the EU and the way european law supercedes UK and irish law? :sneaky:
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

gmc wrote: posted by capn buzzard

I thought yoiu did not approve of the EU and the way european law supercedes UK and irish law? :sneaky:Your right I don't like the EU. Its the Irish government that loves the EU:-1

Return to “Ireland”