The perfect gift.

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
flopstock

The perfect gift.

Post by flopstock »

I'm coming up on 52 years old, my next birthday... and after all these years, I finally know what it feels like to give someone the perfect gift..do you?

Oh, I've gotten my kids what's on their list and it felt good. I surprised my man with a new truck one year and he had me exchange it for a different model..:rolleyes:. I usually pick out some family I know is struggling worse then me, and I'll do something stupid and anonymous for them.. that makes me feel good, so it's actually the most selfish of the three examples, IMO.

But I always try and think of something unasked for... something I know they will love... and it has always come up a hair short in the pleasure I feel it brings them.., ya know what I mean?

Not this time.. I never have to try again.. I have given someone the ultimate in gifts..

The best part of all- is that knowing this -has brought me more pleasure then I have ever had in gifting before...

Very strange how that worked out...:D

So, share... what's the best gift you've given to someone, that they didn't expect?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Odie

The perfect gift.

Post by Odie »

flopstock;1083072 wrote: I'm coming up on 52 years old, my next birthday... and after all these years, I finally know what it feels like to give someone the perfect gift..do you?

Oh, I've gotten my kids what's on their list and it felt good. I surprised my man with a new truck one year and he had me exchange it for a different model..:rolleyes:. I usually pick out some family I know is struggling worse then me, and I'll do something stupid and anonymous for them.. that makes me feel good, so it's actually the most selfish of the three examples, IMO.

But I always try and think of something unasked for... something I know they will love... and it has always come up a hair short in the pleasure I feel it brings them.., ya know what I mean?

Not this time.. I never have to try again.. I have given someone the ultimate in gifts..

The best part of all- is that knowing this -has brought me more pleasure then I have ever had in gifting before...

Very strange how that worked out...:D

So, share... what's the best gift you've given to someone, that they didn't expect?

so what was the ultimate gifts?
Life is just to short for drama.
flopstock

The perfect gift.

Post by flopstock »

Barman;1083105 wrote: My son thinks i am extra special great this year.

I have bought him a ticket to see Manchester United at the Theatre of Dreams on the 29th December. I am going to drive him up there(600 mile round trip), we will stay in a nice Hotel that i have booked and after we watch the match we will get quite drunk in the Hotel. We will spend a little time shopping in Manchester the following day before driving home.

I have also bought two tickets to see "An Audience with Frank Bruno and Ricky Hatton" in Plymouth in January(we might get a little pissed that night also).

This wont cost my son a penny.

Just to confirm, this is a Christmas present for my son and i i am just accompanying him, i will get no enjoyment from this whatsoever:rolleyes:.

cimmony! i thought you were under 30... i'll have to adjust my thinking regarding you or else call child services...:thinking::wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Odie

The perfect gift.

Post by Odie »

Barman;1083105 wrote:

Just to confirm, this is a Christmas present for my son and i i am just accompanying him, i will get no enjoyment from this whatsoever:rolleyes:.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
southern yankee

The perfect gift.

Post by southern yankee »

A friend of mine. we love go to flea markets, craft shows, and so on together. well this might sound strange to a lot of people but i bought her a old picture that was of the inside of JUNK STORE. She just loved it. because it is something special we do together.:-4
Odie

The perfect gift.

Post by Odie »

Barman;1083136 wrote: Are you implying that i might get some enjoyment out of this myself.:D

who me?

never!

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

The perfect gift.

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1083226 wrote: A friend of mine. we love go to flea markets, craft shows, and so on together. well this might sound strange to a lot of people but i bought her a old picture that was of the inside of JUNK STORE. She just loved it. because it is something special we do together.:-4

ahhhhhhhhh that is special!
Patsy Warnick

The perfect gift.

Post by Patsy Warnick »

SouthernYank

That picture sounds just perfect for your friend and right up my alley also..

As to the Joy / Pleasure in giving - I've been wrapping presents @ 8 days now.

I take joy in coordinating & wrapping with Bizarre flare, to fit the perfect person..

For my friends - On Christmas Eve I deliver little gifts & leave it at their door.

Love doing that.

This year I'll deliver the gift & leave a home made Ice Luminare Lit for Santa..

Perfect gift -99% of the time it was a gift Home Made.

Merry Christmas

Patsy
Jenn1980

The perfect gift.

Post by Jenn1980 »

I dont recall a perfect gift ive given, but i like all your ideas.:)
Odie

The perfect gift.

Post by Odie »

Jenn1980;1083276 wrote: I dont recall a perfect gift ive given, but i like all your ideas.:)

I don't recall that perfect of a gift either!

I just keep on trying!:yh_rotfl
along-for-the-ride

The perfect gift.

Post by along-for-the-ride »

The perfect gift is in the eye of the receiver of the gift. Doesn't matter what it is......just that is given from the heart. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
guppy

The perfect gift.

Post by guppy »

let me see..i saw a teenager..fourteen..in ninth grade..she lived in my neighborhood..i knew her mom and dad were having moeny troubles at the time..so anyway..i saw her get off the bus with her glasses taped together..i knew at her age..this had to be totally mortifying..i took her to the eyedoctor and got her new glasses and contacts..this girl is now married and has two small boys her own..i see her around town..she still comes up and hugs me and tells me how much she loves me..:-4
southern yankee

The perfect gift.

Post by southern yankee »

guppy;1084111 wrote: let me see..i saw a teenager..fourteen..in ninth grade..she lived in my neighborhood..i knew her mom and dad were having moeny troubles at the time..so anyway..i saw her get off the bus with her glasses taped together..i knew at her age..this had to be totally mortifying..i took her to the eyedoctor and got her new glasses and contacts..this girl is now married and has two small boys her own..i see her around town..she still comes up and hugs me and tells me how much she loves me..:-4 that was so wonderful:-4
Odie

The perfect gift.

Post by Odie »

guppy;1084111 wrote: let me see..i saw a teenager..fourteen..in ninth grade..she lived in my neighborhood..i knew her mom and dad were having moeny troubles at the time..so anyway..i saw her get off the bus with her glasses taped together..i knew at her age..this had to be totally mortifying..i took her to the eyedoctor and got her new glasses and contacts..this girl is now married and has two small boys her own..i see her around town..she still comes up and hugs me and tells me how much she loves me..:-4

that was a gift of love!

Return to “Holidays”