Giving Ideas

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
KarmaDoodle

Giving Ideas

Post by KarmaDoodle »

What is everyone doing over the Holidays to give back? I usually give to charity, or volunteer at a soup kitchen. There are a lot of food drives going on too, which are easy to donate to. Also, if anyone is shopping for a new coat, Burlington Coat Factory is having a coat drive and is giving 10% off a new coat if you donate an old one.
Odie

Giving Ideas

Post by Odie »

I buy Children's gifts and drop them off at one of our local fire stations each year.

I also contribute canned goods to the Salvation army.
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Giving Ideas

Post by qsducks »

Just gave my boys canned goods to take to school this morning for the food drive. The church is asking for people to make casseroles and to freeze them for homeless men.
qsducks

Giving Ideas

Post by qsducks »

jimbo;1060920 wrote: if your giving ideas

can i have some clever ones, me as thick as two planks me :thinking::thinking:

I will donate two planks for Jimbo so he can think of something.:D
KarmaDoodle

Giving Ideas

Post by KarmaDoodle »

Odie;1060845 wrote: I buy Children's gifts and drop them off at one of our local fire stations each year.

I also contribute canned goods to the Salvation army.

Those are good ideas. I have also given to Salvation Army in the past. The 10% off incentive for a new coat is also pretty good motivation to donate to Burlington's coat drive. I actually have an old one this year to donate, anyway.
Oscar Namechange

Giving Ideas

Post by Oscar Namechange »

We do alot throughout the year and i find it hard contributing to them all at Christmas.

We are very big on animal charity so the one's that we help over Christmas are the animal shelters by advertising for blankets and putting boxes into shops for donations.

I can't deliver myself, Mr O has to do it, I'd come home with stray's tucked under my arms.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Kindle

Giving Ideas

Post by Kindle »

We give to and help out with whatever our church involves itself with for that year.

Remember too, people are hungry and have many needs all through the year, not just at the holidays. Perhaps January - February might be a better time to step up the help and giving. It would be a lovely way to begin the New Year, don't you think? :-6

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
Oscar Namechange

Giving Ideas

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Kindle;1061569 wrote: We give to and help out with whatever our church involves itself with for that year.

Remember too, people are hungry and have many needs all through the year, not just at the holidays. Perhaps January - February might be a better time to step up the help and giving. It would be a lovely way to begin the New Year, don't you think? :-6

Absolutely. We try all year through. I tend to go with what ever the Royal British Legion is doing. They do so much. Good idea about the new year. :-6
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
KarmaDoodle

Giving Ideas

Post by KarmaDoodle »

Yeah-- I agree it is best to give year-round! I do love the giving spirit around the holidays though, and I think its cool that company's like Burlington are supporting charity causes. But, it is important to remember volunteering come January!

Return to “Holidays”