The gift of a gift card?

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
lalalala

The gift of a gift card?

Post by lalalala »

I haven't started my shopping for Christmas yet. Got alot of people to shop for so, to make it easier I've decided to get a couple of gift cards so I don't have to worry about picking the right gift. Are you a gift card giver for Christmas?
Bryn Mawr

The gift of a gift card?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

lalalala;734975 wrote: I haven't started my shopping for Christmas yet. Got alot of people to shop for so, to make it easier I've decided to get a couple of gift cards so I don't have to worry about picking the right gift. Are you a gift card giver for Christmas?

We've given and received gift cards and it's fine - just make them as generic as possible to give the receiver the widest choice you can.
lalalala

The gift of a gift card?

Post by lalalala »

Yeah true. I know safeway has over 250 gift cards to choose from. With the wide range, it makes it easier to choose the right card for a person. Have so many to choose from now.
kayleneaussie

The gift of a gift card?

Post by kayleneaussie »

There are a few people who I find hard to buy for so I buy them a gift card......but I put it in a box with a brick in it and wrap it all pretty so the think they are geting an amazing present:yh_rotfl
FOC THREAD PART 1
Lisa

The gift of a gift card?

Post by Lisa »

I have given giftcards,but I'm always affraid the person will think I didn't put much thought into their gift.

On the other hand, I like to get them, so I can buy what I want.:yh_bigsmi
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RedGlitter

The gift of a gift card?

Post by RedGlitter »

I'm echoing Lisa on this one. I have two friends who love gift cards and I thought they were lying but they finally convinced me. I like them for Fashion Bug and the bookstore but otherwise, I like a traditional present. :)
lalalala

The gift of a gift card?

Post by lalalala »

kayleneaussie;735039 wrote: but I put it in a box with a brick in it and wrap it all pretty so the think they are geting an amazing present:yh_rotfl

:wah: That's hilarious! Good idea though. I should try that. Some people think gift cards are impersonal. If you know the person well enough but afraid you might get the wrong gift, you can pick the right gift card for their favorite store.

Return to “Holidays”