Valentine's Day

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
Mustang

Valentine's Day

Post by Mustang »

Is just 2 weeks away!

Do you celebrate this day with anyone special?

Do you buy flowers? :yh_flower

Chocolates?

Do you send cards?
YZGI

Valentine's Day

Post by YZGI »

I make macaroni art for my wife.
Sweet Tooth

Valentine's Day

Post by Sweet Tooth »

I used to really hate Single's Awareness Day, now that I am married, its alot better! I can stop sending flowers to myself!
SuzyB

Valentine's Day

Post by SuzyB »

Just like any other day for me :(
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Uncle Kram

Valentine's Day

Post by Uncle Kram »

I will be getting a card and some flowers for my new squeeze. We haven't been together long so we thought it would be premature to get any prezzies. Instead we're taking Valentines Day and the next day as holiday. Our gift is our time.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
minks

Valentine's Day

Post by minks »

YZGI;537183 wrote: I make macaroni art for my wife.

OMG that is just too funny, I hope you use the good quality gold spray paint... do not cheap out on her gift....:wah:
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Elvira

Valentine's Day

Post by Elvira »

I don't know what I'm doing, that's up to him to organise. I tried to ask if I should book a table last year and got my head bitten off. That's his domain, and i'm not allowed.

Last year, he send me 14 valentines cards to my work! I had them all lined up along the window sill and all the other girls in the office thought I was some kind of slapper!!!! :wah:

We went to my fave restaurant in our glad rags and had my fave champagne!

Am looking forward to it, but agonising over a small gift for him. Last yr I got him some silver 'fl,inks with sapphires in them and they were perfect......

S xxxxxxxxxx
Mustang

Valentine's Day

Post by Mustang »

minks;537201 wrote: OMG that is just too funny, I hope you use the good quality gold spray paint... do not cheap out on her gift....:wah:

:yh_rotfl
Elvira

Valentine's Day

Post by Elvira »

SuzyB;537189 wrote: Just like any other day for me :(

Use this forum to give him a poke!!!!

EVERYONE!!!!! Remember to ask Jimbo what he did for Suz on Valentines day!!!!

Shame him into treating her like a princess! :wah:
Fibonacci

Valentine's Day

Post by Fibonacci »

You already know I'm alone! :o
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
SuzyB

Valentine's Day

Post by SuzyB »

Elvira;537207 wrote: Use this forum to give him a poke!!!!

EVERYONE!!!!! Remember to ask Jimbo what he did for Suz on Valentines day!!!!

Shame him into treating her like a princess! :wah:

I got worried reading that :wah:

Sheryl

Valentine's Day

Post by Sheryl »

Probaly won't do anything on Valentine's Day, since it's the middle of the week. But probaly go to a movie and dinner the following Saturday.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
sunny104

Valentine's Day

Post by sunny104 »

the only thing I've been thinking of is getting my daughter's valentines cards to hand out at school and putting together her castle shaped 'mail box' for the other kids to put their cards in. :o

I'm not into the mushy stuff anyway! Grab my butt and say "how 'bout we hit a BBQ joint?" and I'm a happy Sunny!! :D :wah:
Sheryl

Valentine's Day

Post by Sheryl »

:wah: you crack me up Sunny

my son
WonderWendy3

Valentine's Day

Post by WonderWendy3 »

sunny104;537239 wrote: the only thing I've been thinking of is getting my daughter's valentines cards to hand out at school and putting together her castle shaped 'mail box' for the other kids to put their cards in. :o

I'm not into the mushy stuff anyway! Grab my butt and say "how 'bout we hit a BBQ joint?" and I'm a happy Sunny!! :

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

Girl after my own heart...

I started to comment earlier...I could care less, of course that's because I've NEVER had anyone really go out of their way for me on Valentines day...so it just doesn't matter one way or another to me...see it as another money maker for merchants...and try to buy as little as possible if at all.

I used to go all out for the boys, now If I get them anything I get a new movie or video game instead of candy or dumb toys...but with money being tight...they will get hugs and kisses like usual!:-4
WonderWendy3

Valentine's Day

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Sheryl;537227 wrote: Probaly won't do anything on Valentine's Day, since it's the middle of the week. But probaly go to a movie and dinner the following Saturday.

Are you going out with your "monkey"??? ---he's already drunk--was gonna say something bad...refraining over here...very difficult!!:-5
weeder

Valentine's Day

Post by weeder »

For many many years VD day ( as we fondly call it in flower shops) was my most favorite holiday. I loved seeing the young guys come in and turn all red. Trying to be nonchalant about buying roses and filling out cards. Now Im a miserable old hag who doesnt like it because I dont have anyone to love, and that is sad. But you made me think.... Ive been really wanting to kiss someone lately. So, this VD day I may go into work, very smiley and very happy, grab a few men and just KISS them. You never know... it could turn out to be the best one yet.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Sheryl

Valentine's Day

Post by Sheryl »

WonderWendy3;537251 wrote: Are you going out with your "monkey"??? ---he's already drunk--was gonna say something bad...refraining over here...very difficult!!:-5

well never really thought of my hubby as a monkey, but now that you mention it...:wah:

PM me what you were gonna say. :D

my son
SuzyB

Valentine's Day

Post by SuzyB »

weeder;537257 wrote: For many many years VD day ( as we fondly call it in flower shops) was my most favorite holiday. I loved seeing the young guys come in and turn all red. Trying to be nonchalant about buying roses and filling out cards. Now Im a miserable old hag who doesnt like it because I dont have anyone to love, and that is sad. But you made me think.... Ive been really wanting to kiss someone lately. So, this VD day I may go into work, very smiley and very happy, grab a few men and just KISS them. You never know... it could turn out to be the best one yet.

Go for it you little devil :yh_devil :yh_blush

YZGI

Valentine's Day

Post by YZGI »

minks;537201 wrote: OMG that is just too funny, I hope you use the good quality gold spray paint... do not cheap out on her gift....:wah:
I kid you not. The year before last I made macaroni art for her. It was all I gave her. She laughed her ass off and it is still on our fridge. She shows everyone who comes to our house.
minks

Valentine's Day

Post by minks »

YZGI;537268 wrote: I kid you not. The year before last I made macaroni art for her. It was all I gave her. She laughed her ass off and it is still on our fridge. She shows everyone who comes to our house.

well heck if she can appreicate that like that then you 2 have an amazing and fun relationship and I think that is fabo. :) Keep it up

I got home made vanilla cupcakes last year and I bragged all over the place about them They came straight from the heart and he remembered vanilla was my absolute fave, he even put strawberry slices on top I tell ya that beats anything else in my eyes :-4

― Mae West
weeder

Valentine's Day

Post by weeder »

hahahahahahahah....................ah........................
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Red

Valentine's Day

Post by Red »

Df and i normally get little token valentines gifts, though last year he bought me a gorge silver padlock ring!

this year weve decided were sick of trawling around the shops looking for 'novelties' that HAVE to be given on a particular date so were getting cards as usual (i love a good card) and have agreed to suprise one another on a totally random date
Galbally

Valentine's Day

Post by Galbally »

Ah yes, valentines day, well, I will be walking down the river with rover as usual, bliss. :-6 I've had some fun ones though, I must admit. :sneaky:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
minks

Valentine's Day

Post by minks »

I am choosing to block this day out of my head, since it's been less than 2 weeks that my partner and I split.... however

For the rest of you do enjoy special time with your beloved. It's nice to have a special day set aside for special love.

― Mae West
Red

Valentine's Day

Post by Red »

minks;548772 wrote: I am choosing to block this day out of my head, since it's been less than 2 weeks that my partner and I split.... however

For the rest of you do enjoy special time with your beloved. It's nice to have a special day set aside for special love.

aw :-4
Red

Valentine's Day

Post by Red »

Idgie;548766 wrote: It's like a huge holiday to my husband! He started on Monday with a basket of flowers and a white teddy bear holding a box of chocolates. Today, I received a huge heart shaped box of chocolates. Romance is in the air for sure! :-4 *I'm not really a chocolate eater so time will tell exactly who will indulge in the chocolates* :wah:

thats lovely idgie, how long you been married? you know ive always hankered after a heart shaped box of chocs, ive had some great gifts in my time but this is the one thing ive never gotten...
minks

Valentine's Day

Post by minks »

Red;548778 wrote: thats lovely idgie, how long you been married? you know ive always hankered after a heart shaped box of chocs, ive had some great gifts in my time but this is the one thing ive never gotten...

send me your address hehehehehe:-4

― Mae West
Red

Valentine's Day

Post by Red »

minks;548782 wrote: send me your address hehehehehe:-4

lol :wah: no send me yours id rather collect them in person
Red

Valentine's Day

Post by Red »

Idgie;548787 wrote: 36 glorious years Red! :-4

bloody hell and he's still buying you valentines gifts? awww bless his cottons he must love you to bits :)
fisher

Valentine's Day

Post by fisher »

For the last four years the wife and I have spent Valentine's in the Caribbean. This year is different,we are staying home. Fishing had not been that great this year so we must watch our money a bit closer.I bought her a nice card and a gold chain and we are going to my daughters for supper. It will be nice.
A witch will get a better grip on the broom if she is without panties!
Red

Valentine's Day

Post by Red »

sounds lovely fisher! have a good night
fisher

Valentine's Day

Post by fisher »

Red;548809 wrote: sounds lovely fisher! have a good night

Thank you!
minks

Valentine's Day

Post by minks »

Red;548785 wrote: lol :wah: no send me yours id rather collect them in person

ok deal, but don't book your flight yet, we have almost 2 feet of snow here. Come for July ;)

― Mae West
fisher

Valentine's Day

Post by fisher »

Idgie;548813 wrote: How lovely Fisher! :) It doesn't matter where you go or what you get, it's the company one is with that counts! Have a wonderful evening!

Thank you and I agree 100%.

Return to “Holidays”