Preemptive strike!

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
Fibonacci

Preemptive strike!

Post by Fibonacci »

Sorry to post so early...

What did you get for christmas??
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Marie5656

Preemptive strike!

Post by Marie5656 »

I can answer now. We got a new television set..so that is our gift to each other.
koan

Preemptive strike!

Post by koan »

I'm still hoping for a fry pan that grilled cheese sandwiches don't stick to. :-5
BabyRider

Preemptive strike!

Post by BabyRider »

Fibonacci;496015 wrote: Sorry to post so early...

What did you get for christmas??
I got a Volvo. :sneaky:

Sorry Dad!!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Insomniac

Preemptive strike!

Post by Insomniac »

It hasn't happened yet, but tomorrow will be my best Christmas EVER! I will get to see my daughter HAPPY! Happily married, with her little girl 18 mo. old, her husband of 1 year, her son of 8 yrs who doesn't live with her but with an adoptive family, and we'll all be together on Christmas at my brother's house, which looked impossible several years ago when it seemed that there was no hope for her, and our family was being torn apart, but GOD IS GOOD!!!! and has answered my prayers and I have lived to see it. Also, gonna get some really good food and prob'ly some cool presents too! :wah:
You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails.
Nomad

Preemptive strike!

Post by Nomad »

koan;496024 wrote: I'm still hoping for a fry pan that grilled cheese sandwiches don't stick to. :-5

Turn the heat down and be patient :rolleyes:
I AM AWESOME MAN
koan

Preemptive strike!

Post by koan »

Nomad;496644 wrote: Turn the heat down and be patient :rolleyes:

Oh, sure. It's all my fault. Like the manufacturing world has never produced a bad fry pan. :mad:
RedGlitter

Preemptive strike!

Post by RedGlitter »

Koan- use lots of butter on the sandwiches. :) Don't drape the cheese over the edges of the bread as it will spread anyway while cooking.

Fib, I received:

a lacquered wood jewelery box

a Chia herb garden kit

a handmade necklace and bracelet set

a perfumed bath set (bath oil, soaps, etc)

a candle with butterflies on its stand

2 deli trays to snack on

a lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant

:)

What did YOU get?
Fibonacci

Preemptive strike!

Post by Fibonacci »

I got an Ipod Nano, A watch, and some DVDs.

I'm concerned about the Ipod though. I hear they're pretty hard to set up.
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
koan

Preemptive strike!

Post by koan »

RedGlitter;496729 wrote: Koan- use lots of butter on the sandwiches. :) Don't drape the cheese over the edges of the bread as it will spread anyway while cooking.

It's not me. I have an evil fry pan. I think it's possessed by Satan.

I had so much butter on it the sandwich was dripping when I pried it off.

I make good grilled cheese, I really do. It's not me. It's not me. :-1 :)
WonderWendy3

Preemptive strike!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Insomniac;496291 wrote: It hasn't happened yet, but tomorrow will be my best Christmas EVER! I will get to see my daughter HAPPY! Happily married, with her little girl 18 mo. old, her husband of 1 year, her son of 8 yrs who doesn't live with her but with an adoptive family, and we'll all be together on Christmas at my brother's house, which looked impossible several years ago when it seemed that there was no hope for her, and our family was being torn apart, but GOD IS GOOD!!!! and has answered my prayers and I have lived to see it. Also, gonna get some really good food and prob'ly some cool presents too! :wah:

I am so happy for you!!Best Christmas presents you could receive! God Bless,

Wendy
WonderWendy3

Preemptive strike!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Okay I got:

Secret Santa money in the mail (which was early and a REAL blessing)

4 candles (from 3 different people...they know how I love 'em!!

2 DVD's That I really wanted

New Jammies (I've been wearing all day, cause I'm sick as a DOG!!)

New clothes

gift card for Bath and Body works--YAY!!

New fuzzy blanket, home-made by MOM

Gift card for a manicure and pedicure (loved that too!!)

Disney game Scene it for me and the boys...fun

Relaxing fountain thingy to put in my room...

might be other things can't remember...was a very nice Christmas!!
Insomniac

Preemptive strike!

Post by Insomniac »

Sounds like everybody had a great Christmas! Koan, hope you get that frypan...I want a grilled cheese sandwich now you've put it in my head! I can't believe I actually want to eat ANYTHING after the past few weeks!
Insomniac

Preemptive strike!

Post by Insomniac »

WonderWendy3;496746 wrote: I am so happy for you!!Best Christmas presents you could receive! God Bless,

Wendy

Thanks WW3! It was a great day. Took lots of photos to commemorate the occasion!

Hope you have a good New Year...stay safe.

Sue (aka Insomniac)
WonderWendy3

Preemptive strike!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Insomniac;497585 wrote: Thanks WW3! It was a great day. Took lots of photos to commemorate the occasion!

Hope you have a good New Year...stay safe.

Sue (aka Insomniac)

That is Awesome!! I would love to see the pics, if you want to share!!

You have a happy New Year too...We are spending it with my family at Parents house, have a fun night with the kids playing board games, eating klondike bars at Midnight...whooo hooo!!

Wendy
Randolph

Preemptive strike!

Post by Randolph »

Swiping one's hand across the opposite side of the board after set up, thus knocking most of the opponent's pieces off the board before he/she can move. Generally, governments are also encouraged to consider alternatives before moving on to a preemptive strike. When weighing the decision to make such a strike, government officials look at other options like diplomacy, sanctions, and other tools. Ideally, an aggressive action should only be undertaken if all other options have been exhausted. Finally, analysts may consider legal and ethical justifications for such a strike, to see if it conforms with the terms of the United Nations Charter.
AnneBoleyn

Preemptive strike!

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Are you a bot?

Return to “Holidays”