Christmas Eve

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
lady cop

Christmas Eve

Post by lady cop »

my son has a ticket to Jax-Patriots game. what will you be doing?
venus

Christmas Eve

Post by venus »

as little as possible!!:wah:

seriously vegn out on the sofa enjoying the company of m rv and jnr v and eating junk and watching a movie

:-4 heaven for me!!
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
Raven

Christmas Eve

Post by Raven »

Watching christmas movies snuggled under a blanket, waiting for santa clause. :yh_bigsmi
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
CARLA

Christmas Eve

Post by CARLA »

We spend Christmas Eve at my younger Sisters house in Del Mar, always a fun evening.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Christmas Eve

Post by lady cop »

i will listen to the three tenors. *sigh* such beauty.
cherandbuster

Christmas Eve

Post by cherandbuster »

When you are Jewish, Christmas Eve can be a boring and lonely night.

But not for me: Friends of ours, who are Jewish, have a big party every year filled with people who don't celebrate Christmas. There's lots to eat and drink and we do a Yankee gift swap, too. It's always an excellent celebration and we don't come home 'til about 2:00 in the morning.

Which makes it tough . . . as we have to drive to hubby's sister's house one hour away to celebrate Christmas the next day (my sis-in-law's husband is not Jewish).

I love it, though -- it's always a double dose of a good time :p
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

chonsigirl

Christmas Eve

Post by chonsigirl »

A lovely service at church that night, with the lighting of the candles as we sing Silent Night...................:)
sunny104

Christmas Eve

Post by sunny104 »

we've never done anything on Christmas Eve, we just hang out at home. :-6

the kids will make cookies so we can give Santa one or two! :D
Bez

Christmas Eve

Post by Bez »

Watch Telly ;)
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Uncle Kram

Christmas Eve

Post by Uncle Kram »

cherandbuster;494089 wrote: When you are Jewish, Christmas Eve can be a boring and lonely night.

But not for me: Friends of ours, who are Jewish, have a big party every year filled with people who don't celebrate Christmas. There's lots to eat and drink and we do a Yankee gift swap, too. It's always an excellent celebration and we don't come home 'til about 2:00 in the morning.

Which makes it tough . . . as we have to drive to hubby's sister's house one hour away to celebrate Christmas the next day (my sis-in-law's husband is not Jewish).

I love it, though -- it's always a double dose of a good time :p
Jewish you did celebrate Christmas Cher? :D

On Christmas Eve, my mom is stopping here. I've tried to explain what the internet is and what a forum is but she can't understand. I'll get her on here to say hello to some of you guys. It will blow her mind :wah:

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Betty Boop

Christmas Eve

Post by Betty Boop »

Uncle Kram;494200 wrote: Jewish you did celebrate Christmas Cher? :D

On Christmas Eve, my mom is stopping here. I've tried to explain what the internet is and what a forum is but she can't understand. I'll get her on here to say hello to some of you guys. It will blow her mind :wah:

Aahh, I'll say hi to your Mom!! :-6
Uncle Kram

Christmas Eve

Post by Uncle Kram »

Betty Boop;494217 wrote: Aahh, I'll say hi to your Mom!! :-6
I can just hear her now "I didn't know Betty Boop was a real person" :wah:

Betty Boop

Christmas Eve

Post by Betty Boop »

Uncle Kram;494221 wrote: I can just hear her now "I didn't know Betty Boop was a real person" :wah:

Are you sure she is real!! :wah:
Peg

Christmas Eve

Post by Peg »

I work until 6pm on Christmas Eve. I'll have a heck of a time getting people out of the bar and will dump their drinks and make them mad. :wah: After that, I'll come home to recover from work and go visit our families on Christmas day.
weeder

Christmas Eve

Post by weeder »

Ill be baking. A cinnamon walnut coffee cake as a gift to my sons inlaws Christmas morning, and a ricotta cheese cake for my dinner on Christmas day.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Uncle Kram

Christmas Eve

Post by Uncle Kram »

Betty Boop;494327 wrote: Are you sure she is real!! :wah:
Well I've only got her word for it :wah:

Bez

Christmas Eve

Post by Bez »

Uncle Kram;494200 wrote: Jewish you did celebrate Christmas Cher? :D

I'll be watching out for your mum Unc....and ready to say hello.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
AussiePam

Christmas Eve

Post by AussiePam »

weeder;494442 wrote: a ricotta cheese cake.

SWOOOON

Packing bag now!!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

weeder

Christmas Eve

Post by weeder »

I wish I could send you one.....:-4
AussiePam

Christmas Eve

Post by AussiePam »

Thanks Weeder! How's the weather your way? I was reading about the snowfalls in Denver!!! I've been stuck in Denver... grin.. I like Denver, but I was hoping to get to Chicago in time to meet some friends. Fun time of the year to travel.

Saturday evening here, and I did something weird. Turned on the tele and got caught up in some really silly kids animated film, which was tacked onto the end of a daytime program I'd recorded. Some Thornberrys kid who could talk to the animals, and managed to save all the elephants in Africa. Great stuff. Her "grandmummy" had Vanessa Redgrave's voice. :D

Hope you have a happy Christmas!!!

Tater Tazz

Christmas Eve

Post by Tater Tazz »

Well, me and my little one are going to go to my mom's to see her lights that made the paper. Then we have to come home make cookies for santa, then hopefully she will go to bed. pretty lonely, but fun.:-6
AussiePam

Christmas Eve

Post by AussiePam »

I love wandering out to see the lights too. There's a couple of houses close to me that are all done up. A few differences here. It doesn't get dark till 9pm. And it's hot, so everyone is out in the street anyway, in shorts and flipflops drinking beer, singing carols or pop songs and tossing snags on the barbie. Any house with a lit up front garden here is an open Christmas party.

Uncle Kram

Christmas Eve

Post by Uncle Kram »

Keep an eye on those turkeys tomorrow :D

Attached files

weeder

Christmas Eve

Post by weeder »

AussiePam;494655 wrote: Thanks Weeder! How's the weather your way? I was reading about the snowfalls in Denver!!! I've been stuck in Denver... grin.. I like Denver, but I was hoping to get to Chicago in time to meet some friends. Fun time of the year to travel.

Saturday evening here, and I did something weird. Turned on the tele and got caught up in some really silly kids animated film, which was tacked onto the end of a daytime program I'd recorded. Some Thornberrys kid who could talk to the animals, and managed to save all the elephants in Africa. Great stuff. Her "grandmummy" had Vanessa Redgrave's voice. :D

Hope you have a happy Christmas!!!

The weather here has been unusually warm. Spring Like. It has gone as high as 72 in the afternoons. Its great. No one knows how long it will last. I want to go to Italy this summer.... and it would be incredible to get over to you some day. Again, have a safe, happy and healthy new year. Weeder
Secret_Santa_2006

Christmas Eve

Post by Secret_Santa_2006 »

I shall be flying through the sky singing Jingle Bells!

Any requests for songs as I pass over your cities?

Santa's Niceometer

cherandbuster

Christmas Eve

Post by cherandbuster »

I'll be baking my homemade streudel to bring to a party on Christmas Eve.

For Christmas Day, I'm contributing a turkey and a kugle (which is a noodle pie, with sour cream and cottage cheese in it -- YUMMY!).

It's a good day to wear elastic-waist pants :rolleyes:
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

chonsigirl

Christmas Eve

Post by chonsigirl »

That sounds yummy, Cher.......................:)
Marie5656

Christmas Eve

Post by Marie5656 »

Cher, that kugle sounds great. Where can I get a recipe?

We will be drinking eggnog and eating shrimp, and watching a pay per view movie on TV.
guppy

Christmas Eve

Post by guppy »

i am ready for christmas to get here now. all done but the waiting.......:)
cars

Christmas Eve

Post by cars »

cherandbuster;495007 wrote: I'll be baking my homemade streudel to bring to a party on Christmas Eve.

For Christmas Day, I'm contributing a turkey and a kugle (which is a noodle pie, with sour cream and cottage cheese in it -- YUMMY!).

It's a good day to wear elastic-waist pants :rolleyes:

See you learn something about people every day! I just never pictured you for a "baker" cher. That's admirable! My wife's Aunt used to make the best streduel ever, I miss it terribly, maybe you could email me a piece!? :p :D
Cars :)
cars

Christmas Eve

Post by cars »

We will be spending Chrismas Eve, with our 3 year old Grandson & his family.

Watching him open his toys will be fun, he gets so excited when he gets presents! Sadly, on the other hand, we will miss being with our 12 year old Granddaughter back in New England. :wah: "Next Year", we will stay in NE to watch her open her presents.:) (And go South after that.)
Cars :)
AussiePam

Christmas Eve

Post by AussiePam »

Hi Pinky, Cars!!! Nothing quite like watching the eyes of the littlies lighting up as they contemplate wrapped things under the Chrissie tree.

My friend in Poughkeeepsie corrupted me long ago with a typo. One does not WRAP pressie, one WARPS them. My kids all grew up with warped minds. :sneaky: (I'm proud of that..*)

The two in London trying to get out, via fog bound airports, seem to have made it to Vienna. At least, I havent' heard they got stuck at Stansted or in Berlin.

*[Footnote: My son, when in Grade 3, was told by his form teacher that he was eccentric. I was later informed by the teacher that my son stood there, silent for a moment, and then said. Thankyou. You should see my mum. That's where I get it.

Cheeky b%gger!!!]

Return to “Holidays”