What did you learn today?

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
hoppy
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

What did you learn today?

Post by hoppy »

Don't eat a bowl of oatmeal that's been sitting out for three days.:yh_sick
User avatar
G#Gill
Posts: 14725
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:09 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by G#Gill »

I have learnt just too much, today - all bad. I think that I will learn even more next week! And I will not be able to come online for probably some time, either.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by minks »

G#Gill;1254985 wrote: I have learnt just too much, today - all bad. I think that I will learn even more next week! And I will not be able to come online for probably some time, either.


you got us worried now Gill :confused:
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
G#Gill
Posts: 14725
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:09 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by G#Gill »

minks;1255010 wrote: you got us worried now Gill :confused:


You're worried, Minksy? Well me too ! Oh, I'll manage I dare say, just got to overcome certain imminent happenings. I will be without my laptop for a while, because I won't have a landline and I can't afford a 'dongle'. Just send kind thoughts in my direction - that would be most appreciated, thanks. I'm hoping that it will be the end of two years of pergatory for my family. Too much for a dippy old fuddy duddy like me. Just off to listen to my siggy now............... Tell you what, if I change that song you'll know that all has turned out OK, if not - well we'll just have to keep on truckin' I guess.

Thanks for caring, Minksy XXX
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by minks »

G#Gill;1255041 wrote: You're worried, Minksy? Well me too ! Oh, I'll manage I dare say, just got to overcome certain imminent happenings. I will be without my laptop for a while, because I won't have a landline and I can't afford a 'dongle'. Just send kind thoughts in my direction - that would be most appreciated, thanks. I'm hoping that it will be the end of two years of pergatory for my family. Too much for a dippy old fuddy duddy like me. Just off to listen to my siggy now............... Tell you what, if I change that song you'll know that all has turned out OK, if not - well we'll just have to keep on truckin' I guess.

Thanks for caring, Minksy XXX


i shall be watching .... as well I shall send beams your way :-6 Gill.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
farmer giles
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:08 am

What did you learn today?

Post by farmer giles »

nick gremlin is the worlds biggest muppet :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

the racist tosser :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Tan
Posts: 447
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:31 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by Tan »

If you put salt on frog legs, they dance...EEEWWW:wah:

YouTube - Frog Legs Dancing With A Little Salt
Tan
User avatar
buttercup
Posts: 6178
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:12 am

What did you learn today?

Post by buttercup »

G#Gill;1255041 wrote: You're worried, Minksy? Well me too ! Oh, I'll manage I dare say, just got to overcome certain imminent happenings. I will be without my laptop for a while, because I won't have a landline and I can't afford a 'dongle'. Just send kind thoughts in my direction - that would be most appreciated, thanks. I'm hoping that it will be the end of two years of pergatory for my family. Too much for a dippy old fuddy duddy like me. Just off to listen to my siggy now............... Tell you what, if I change that song you'll know that all has turned out OK, if not - well we'll just have to keep on truckin' I guess.

Thanks for caring, Minksy XXX


I'll buy you a dongle, think of it as a xmas present xxxxxx
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1255041 wrote: You're worried, Minksy? Well me too ! Oh, I'll manage I dare say, just got to overcome certain imminent happenings. I will be without my laptop for a while, because I won't have a landline and I can't afford a 'dongle'. Just send kind thoughts in my direction - that would be most appreciated, thanks. I'm hoping that it will be the end of two years of pergatory for my family. Too much for a dippy old fuddy duddy like me. Just off to listen to my siggy now............... Tell you what, if I change that song you'll know that all has turned out OK, if not - well we'll just have to keep on truckin' I guess.

Thanks for caring, Minksy XXX


don't you be gone to long.;)
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Jazzy
Posts: 2962
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:17 am

What did you learn today?

Post by Jazzy »

Never assume the toilet seat is down, always check first :-3
Yaaaaaaaaay
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:26 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by Yaaaaaaaaay »

That Microsoft excel is way better then microsoft works.
Go ahead push my "why?" button. I dare you. [Link removed by moderator]
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by Odie »

that some people are just so childish.:wah:
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Jazzy
Posts: 2962
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:17 am

What did you learn today?

Post by Jazzy »

That I am very grateful for having such a good friend that recently helped me fix a big mess with my account. :-4
hoppy
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

What did you learn today?

Post by hoppy »

I learned if I grab Gracie McGibble's butt, she'll pin me against the wall with her walker and kick me in the crotch, repeatedly.
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

What did you learn today?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I learnt today that after the Great War, womens lipstick cases were made out of bullet casings. :thinking:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
hoppy
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

What did you learn today?

Post by hoppy »

oscar;1258804 wrote: I learnt today that after the Great War, womens lipstick cases were made out of bullet casings. :thinking:


That brings new meaning to the phrase "shooting off your mouth".:yh_rotfl
Mustang
Posts: 23031
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:39 am

What did you learn today?

Post by Mustang »

hoppy;1258808 wrote: That brings new meaning to the phrase "shooting off your mouth".:yh_rotfl


:wah: you come up with some good ones Hoppy. :wah:
hoppy
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

What did you learn today?

Post by hoppy »

Mustang;1258818 wrote: :wah: you come up with some good ones Hoppy. :wah:


It's all I got to show for a long and misspent life.:o
ZAP
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:25 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by ZAP »

Yesterday I learned that I will NEVER burn a large candle, in its glass jar, placed on a rubber mat, on my dresser EVER AGAIN!
Clodhopper
Posts: 5115
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:11 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by Clodhopper »

hoppy;1258798 wrote: I learned if I grab Gracie McGibble's butt, she'll pin me against the wall with her walker and kick me in the crotch, repeatedly.


:wah:

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1258796 wrote: That I am very grateful for having such a good friend that recently helped me fix a big mess with my account. :-4


Your most welcome my friend.:-4



Glad to have you back.:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
ZAP
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:25 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by ZAP »

Clodhopper;1258844 wrote: :wah:

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?


:yh_rotfl

GOOD question! You're just full of those today aren't you?

Something I learned today: Clodhopper asks good questions. :-6
oanadoledo
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:12 am

What did you learn today?

Post by oanadoledo »

i learn to work in CATIA better
pinkchick
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:59 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by pinkchick »

I learned that it's easy to fall on your ass in the snow!:(
Very nearly perfect ... :D
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 15582
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

What did you learn today?

Post by Betty Boop »

pinkchick;1280371 wrote: I learned that it's easy to fall on your ass in the snow!:(


Ouch! It's an ice rink out on my front steps Pink. Hope you're ok hun. Snow is fun for the first hour then the novelty wears off :)
pinkchick
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:59 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by pinkchick »

Betty Boop;1280373 wrote: Ouch! It's an ice rink out on my front steps Pink. Hope you're ok hun. Snow is fun for the first hour then the novelty wears off :)


I'm fine thank you. Just a bit of hurt pride :o

I hope you're keeping warm and well xx
Very nearly perfect ... :D
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 15582
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

What did you learn today?

Post by Betty Boop »

pinkchick;1280377 wrote: I'm fine thank you. Just a bit of hurt pride :o

I hope you're keeping warm and well xx


Just about, I had grabbed a few bits before this lot set in, although with another bad day set for Sunday I am wondering if I should venture out on foot. No way am I taking the car out, it's an ice rink up here! Luckily my neighbour and friend has a 4 X 4 and is out every day to feed her horses so if I get desperate she has offered to get bits. She's already done a shop for the older residents here.

I'm beginning to wonder if the schools will ever re-open, although my son wouldn't manage the walk there, beginning to wish I lived in the same village as their schools :wah:

Have you had lots more snow fall recently, or just coping with the mess it all leaves behind?
pinkchick
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:59 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by pinkchick »

Betty Boop;1280471 wrote: Just about, I had grabbed a few bits before this lot set in, although with another bad day set for Sunday I am wondering if I should venture out on foot. No way am I taking the car out, it's an ice rink up here! Luckily my neighbour and friend has a 4 X 4 and is out every day to feed her horses so if I get desperate she has offered to get bits. She's already done a shop for the older residents here.

I'm beginning to wonder if the schools will ever re-open, although my son wouldn't manage the walk there, beginning to wish I lived in the same village as their schools :wah:

Have you had lots more snow fall recently, or just coping with the mess it all leaves behind?


We've had no fresh snow for 2 days but there is loads of ice and old snow that just won't melt. It's horrible!
Very nearly perfect ... :D
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 15582
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

What did you learn today?

Post by Betty Boop »

pinkchick;1280475 wrote: We've had no fresh snow for 2 days but there is loads of ice and old snow that just won't melt. It's horrible!


Yes, I can imagine, we appeared to be defrosting today, then it snowed a bit more, then it started melting again. Mid afternoon the temperature went right down and now it's all ice. Evil stuff!

Hope you can stay in now for the weekend, good time for study, stay safe over there :-4
pinkchick
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:59 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by pinkchick »

Betty Boop;1280477 wrote: Yes, I can imagine, we appeared to be defrosting today, then it snowed a bit more, then it started melting again. Mid afternoon the temperature went right down and now it's all ice. Evil stuff!

Hope you can stay in now for the weekend, good time for study, stay safe over there :-4


You too darlin :-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by Odie »

how thoughtful and caring my friends are here.:)
Life is just to short for drama.
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by Ahso! »

Today I learned that its easy to stomp out wimpy rodents.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
CARLA
Posts: 13033
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:00 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by CARLA »

I learned that I can't wait to retire this working for a living is taking to much of my time. :wah:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

User avatar
Kathy Ellen
Posts: 10569
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:04 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

CARLA;1280580 wrote: I learned that I can't wait to retire this working for a living is taking to much of my time. :wah:


When can you retire Carla...I hope soon....
User avatar
CARLA
Posts: 13033
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:00 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by CARLA »

Not as soon as I would like 3 1/2 years if I go to 66 1/2, 65 is look better every day. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by Odie »

CARLA;1280583 wrote: Not as soon as I would like 3 1/2 years if I go to 66 1/2, 65 is look better every day. ;)


I hope you retire when your 65, life's just to short:)
Life is just to short for drama.
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by Ahso! »

This is a great thread!

Today I learned that gnats still irritate me.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

What did you learn today?

Post by Nomad »

Learn ? :confused:
I AM AWESOME MAN
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

What did you learn today?

Post by Nomad »

Odie;1280502 wrote: those who condemn should look in a mirror.


I do look in the mirror. A special scientific mirror that reflects those I wish to condemn images.
I AM AWESOME MAN
User avatar
mrsK
Posts: 3342
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:23 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by mrsK »

I learnt that kids soak up information like a sponge.

When you least expect it they are repeating word for word what you have just said to them.

I love it:-4:-6

I also learnt that all is not what it seems.

I need to step back have a think & then make up my mind.

I have to stop rushing like a bull at a gate.

Think & weigh things up.

People embellish things to suit their purposes.

Another hard lesson .:driving::driving:
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
nok
Posts: 537
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:38 am

What did you learn today?

Post by nok »

I learned to expect the unexpected - that the unexpected should be something to expect.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by Odie »

I learned that my life isn't as bad as I thought it was.:D
Life is just to short for drama.
hoppy
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

What did you learn today?

Post by hoppy »

I learned if I kick a Doberman, I'm gonna get chewed on.:(
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by minks »

I learned that men have crazy ego's that far surpass womens hormonal mood swings OMG!!!!
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by Odie »

minks;1287954 wrote: I learned that men have crazy ego's that far surpass womens hormonal mood swings OMG!!!!


yup, they do!:rolleyes:

YouTube - Carly Simon "You're So Vain" in HD with lyrics on side
Life is just to short for drama.
hoppy
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

What did you learn today?

Post by hoppy »

I learned-

A man was driving when he saw the flash of a traffic camera. He figured that his picture had been taken for exceeding the limit, even though he knew that he was not speeding.



Just to be sure, he went around the block and passed the same spot, driving even more slowly, but again the camera flashed. Now he began to think that this was quite funny, so he drove even slower as he passed the area again, but the traffic camera again flashed. He tried a fourth time with the same result. He did this a fifth time and was now laughing when the camera flashed as he rolled past, this time at a snail's pace.

Two weeks later, he got five tickets in the mail for driving without a seat belt.

You just can't fix stupid.

:yh_rotfl





nok
Posts: 537
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:38 am

What did you learn today?

Post by nok »

I learned that the one thing you can definitely expect from life is the unexpected- hindrances, delays, obstacles, surprises, u-turns , roadblocks, etc.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
User avatar
Jazzy
Posts: 2962
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:17 am

What did you learn today?

Post by Jazzy »

I learned that some men have a selective memory as to what date it is.......:wah:
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What did you learn today?

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1290460 wrote: I learned that some men have a selective memory as to what date it is.......:wah:




they always have a selective memory, ask them when their last beer was!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

What did you learn today?

Post by Nomad »

I have an ulcer. Im milking it for everything its worth. I do love pity.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “The Coffee Shop”