8 January (Monday) Breakfast

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
User avatar
woppy71
Posts: 5306
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:11 pm

8 January (Monday) Breakfast

Post by woppy71 »

Clipper;508967 wrote: OK grab a plate and help yerself to some nice vittles this morning.....

On the table this morning is:

Butter-fried French Toast topped with cinammon and powdered sugar

Farm fresh maple sausage patties

Chilled orange juice

Fresh hot coffee



Load up and hit the road.....and don't forget to do at least one nice thing for someone today!:D



Hmmmm... sounds good to me!!! :)
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
User avatar
Peg
Posts: 8673
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 pm

8 January (Monday) Breakfast

Post by Peg »

:yh_hugs :yh_hugs Clipper. I'm still so glad you are back! :-4
User avatar
Belladonna
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:07 am

8 January (Monday) Breakfast

Post by Belladonna »

I am so hungry now, that all sounds so good!!!
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

8 January (Monday) Breakfast

Post by Nomad »

Coffee and cigarettes here if anyone is interested.
I AM AWESOME MAN
User avatar
CARLA
Posts: 13033
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:00 pm

8 January (Monday) Breakfast

Post by CARLA »

:-6 Thanks Clipper that should give me a great start for the day... Thanks as always.:-4
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

User avatar
LilacDragon
Posts: 1382
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:23 am

8 January (Monday) Breakfast

Post by LilacDragon »

Clipper's breakfast sounds most excellent but I am afraid that I had the same thing tha Nomad did.
Sandi



User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

8 January (Monday) Breakfast

Post by minks »

Aw how nice to have our cawfee shop up and running again....

A great start to 2007, welcome back cheif :)

M
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
AussiePam
Posts: 9898
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 pm

8 January (Monday) Breakfast

Post by AussiePam »

Oh Clipper, you Americans do eat funny!!!!! Grin.. But it's great to have the coffee shop back. Just an espresso for me please!!!

And good to see you again Minks too. How was Victoria? My friend there wrote to say they'd had very bad storms and then loads of snow.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

8 January (Monday) Breakfast

Post by minks »

AussiePam;509231 wrote: Oh Clipper, you Americans do eat funny!!!!! Grin.. But it's great to have the coffee shop back. Just an espresso for me please!!!

And good to see you again Minks too. How was Victoria? My friend there wrote to say they'd had very bad storms and then loads of snow.



Hi Ya Pam, ah Victoria, gosh I have not been there in awhile, yes they are getting supremely ugly weather, it's resulting in some pretty warm stuff here for us on the other side of the rocks.

I will have to ask my mom about how my cousins are doing over there... I bet they are hating the snow. HAH :)

Nice to be back BTW, I hope you had a good christmas and new years.

Mind if I join ya for the meal, (nearly lunch for me here, have a yummy salad lined up.) M
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
AussiePam
Posts: 9898
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 pm

8 January (Monday) Breakfast

Post by AussiePam »

minks;509238 wrote: Hi Ya Pam, ah Victoria, gosh I have not been there in awhile, yes they are getting supremely ugly weather, it's resulting in some pretty warm stuff here for us on the other side of the rocks.

I will have to ask my mom about how my cousins are doing over there... I bet they are hating the snow. HAH :)

Nice to be back BTW, I hope you had a good christmas and new years.

Mind if I join ya for the meal, (nearly lunch for me here, have a yummy salad lined up.) M



My girlfriend said they were without power for 6 days and she nearly froze.. !!!!

That espresso arrived just when I was having my actual early morning coffee. Perfect!!! The salad sounds good.

I've got every finger and toe crossed my daughter finally got her knee fixed last night (haven't heard anything yet). Theatre stays open till midnight. When I left her yesterday she was still in a holding pattern at the operating theatre door with a lot of others.. who've also been there for days. GEESCH. The poor kid was prepped days ago, and has had nothing to eat .. just waiting.. she's on a drip for fluids. Great way to lose weight, I suppose. Anyway, I guess I'll head out thataway now and see what gives.... sigh. I have her five year old in tow. He's such a sweetie, but a handfull too.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

8 January (Monday) Breakfast

Post by minks »

AussiePam;509361 wrote: My girlfriend said they were without power for 6 days and she nearly froze.. !!!!

That espresso arrived just when I was having my actual early morning coffee. Perfect!!! The salad sounds good.

I've got every finger and toe crossed my daughter finally got her knee fixed last night (haven't heard anything yet). Theatre stays open till midnight. When I left her yesterday she was still in a holding pattern at the operating theatre door with a lot of others.. who've also been there for days. GEESCH. The poor kid was prepped days ago, and has had nothing to eat .. just waiting.. she's on a drip for fluids. Great way to lose weight, I suppose. Anyway, I guess I'll head out thataway now and see what gives.... sigh. I have her five year old in tow. He's such a sweetie, but a handfull too.



Oh are you saying.... your daughter is waiting for surgery but nothing is happening and she is holed up at the hospital... what is with that?

Oh dear your poor friend in Vic, I recall times in winter my dad getting a call from my grandfather asking him to come out and help with the pipes because the ground had froze, and their pipes are barely buried so it would not take long for things to freeze and crack. They sure are foreigners to snow and the cold.... so awful really.

I hope your friend is ok now... I shall ask my ma this eve about my cousins... I wonder how they all faired.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
chonsigirl
Posts: 33631
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:28 am

8 January (Monday) Breakfast

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, your poor daughter, Pam! I hope she has had her surgery!
User avatar
AussiePam
Posts: 9898
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 pm

8 January (Monday) Breakfast

Post by AussiePam »

Jen called to say she's still waiting. And waiting. I'll go out to the hospital shortly. A lot of surgeons on holidays now, apparently, and theatre staff too. She was in such pain in the night that she wet herself, and feels ashamed and all that. She can't move to help herself with bedpans. This is Australia !!!!!!!!! GEESCH. We have a good health system here. I thought.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

8 January (Monday) Breakfast

Post by minks »

AussiePam;509447 wrote: Jen called to say she's still waiting. And waiting. I'll go out to the hospital shortly. A lot of surgeons on holidays now, apparently, and theatre staff too. She was in such pain in the night that she wet herself, and feels ashamed and all that. She can't move to help herself with bedpans. This is Australia !!!!!!!!! GEESCH. We have a good health system here. I thought.



that is bloody awful.... they are treating her no better than a farm animal... how appauling :(
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “The Coffee Shop”