Phobias?

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
NotToday
Posts: 1083
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:31 pm

Phobias?

Post by NotToday »

tornadoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-1




"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax, and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein
Carl44
Posts: 10719
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:23 am

Phobias?

Post by Carl44 »

mine are fear of jelly fish i got stang by this little black bugger and my face swelled up like i was hit a cricket bat oh and sharks i saw a 16 foot thresher the sheer size of the thing frit the life outa me :( :(
Carl44
Posts: 10719
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:23 am

Phobias?

Post by Carl44 »

magenta flame;574039 wrote: I think the only thing I've ever been afraid of is Rams.. got butted by one as it came up the race. Was bruised for weeks ....but I'm over it now .



what sort of games do you guys play :o



i also worry about this happening to me when i thai box

click on photo
RedGlitter
Posts: 15777
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:51 am

Phobias?

Post by RedGlitter »

Big black ships or black planes

Deep black water

claustrophobia

mountain roads where you can't see anything but down

Driving. My secret shame. I'm so terrified of hurting someone I have grounded myself. I am willing to skydive but I'd rather die than drive. Go figure.

Oh yeah- tapeworms. *Eww, huzzah*
User avatar
guppy
Posts: 6793
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 5:49 pm

Phobias?

Post by guppy »

heights and sharks...bout it.....
User avatar
[love]light
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:04 pm

Phobias?

Post by [love]light »

RedGlitter;493622 wrote: Tapeworms

Big, black ships or any big ships

Deep, black water

Weird, deformed plants

Claustrophobia


RedGlitter, please explain "weird, deformed plants"

:)
The most important things in life are:

laughter, love, and a healthy appreciation for the dark side!





User avatar
[love]light
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:04 pm

Phobias?

Post by [love]light »

i have a very true phobia of wasps & bees. summer time is torture for me because i love being outside, but hate being near stinging insects.

no, i have never been stung. id like to keep it that way, thank you.
The most important things in life are:

laughter, love, and a healthy appreciation for the dark side!





pinkchick
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:59 pm

Phobias?

Post by pinkchick »

I have a fear of mice and rats and a MAJOR fear of balloons:-1 :-1 :-1
Very nearly perfect ... :D
User avatar
crazygal
Posts: 5049
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:57 pm

Phobias?

Post by crazygal »

pinkchick;608000 wrote: I have a fear of mice and rats and a MAJOR fear of balloons:-1 :-1 :-1


Rats are great, mice too but they smell.

I have a phobia of lack of sleep. :thinking:
Available Jones
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 3:11 am

Phobias?

Post by Available Jones »

More water than fits in a glass. And I wouldn´t drink it because of what fishes do in it.
User avatar
crazygal
Posts: 5049
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:57 pm

Phobias?

Post by crazygal »

Running out of chocolate.
xalisonx
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 7:31 am

Phobias?

Post by xalisonx »

I used to have a fear of sick, whether it be me or other people being sick, though i have overcome that over the years mainly since having to look after a friend when she was ill when her family was away.

Though now it is mainly a fear of Crabs, lobsters, shrimps, and prawns i do not know why, i just know i hate being in the radius of them and erugh i cant look at them!

my friends think im weird lol

xx
User avatar
Pheasy
Posts: 5647
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:56 am

Phobias?

Post by Pheasy »

xalisonx;618796 wrote: I used to have a fear of sick, whether it be me or other people being sick, though i have overcome that over the years mainly since having to look after a friend when she was ill when her family was away.

Though now it is mainly a fear of Crabs, lobsters, shrimps, and prawns i do not know why, i just know i hate being in the radius of them and erugh i cant look at them!

my friends think im weird lol



xx


Fit in just fine here then :-4

Pheasy (resident weirdo) :-4
User avatar
Uncle Kram
Posts: 5991
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:34 pm

Phobias?

Post by Uncle Kram »

I suffer from Arachibutyraphobia, which is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth. Unfortunate soul as I am, I am also Sesquipedaliaphobic which means I have a fear of long words. :o


THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
User avatar
YZGI
Posts: 11518
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:24 am

Phobias?

Post by YZGI »

I have Forumphobia: A fear of posting stupid idiotic posts on an internet forum.



As you can see I am trying too meet this problem head on. I just hope it is working.
User avatar
zinkyusa
Posts: 3298
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:34 am

Phobias?

Post by zinkyusa »

YZGI;618904 wrote: I have Forumphobia: A fear of posting stupid idiotic posts on an internet forum.



As you can see I am trying too meet this problem head on. I just hope it is working.


It ain't..
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Nyx
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:35 pm

Phobias?

Post by Nyx »

Heights, but only in small confined spaces and a fear of large crowds of people.
Patrick
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:32 am

Phobias?

Post by Patrick »

ballistophobia j/k

No, really the only fear I have is birds. All birds... hawks, eagles, owls, albatrosses, pigeons, chickens... all birds.
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

Phobias?

Post by Nomad »

I have a phobia of someone chasing me down a dark alley with a meat cleaver in their hand.
I AM AWESOME MAN
User avatar
KB.
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 10:20 pm

Phobias?

Post by KB. »

Lycanphobia, seriously.
Life ain't linear.
User avatar
JacksDad
Posts: 1985
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:00 pm

Phobias?

Post by JacksDad »

KB.;674594 wrote: Lycanphobia, seriously.


Well, duh.

;)
User avatar
neffy
Posts: 3394
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:07 pm

Phobias?

Post by neffy »

i will not go in a lift.:-2:-2
The rottie queen
Punk_Grunge
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:43 pm

Phobias?

Post by Punk_Grunge »

I USE to be scared of heights. Now I've overcome that. Also, I use to be scared of going underground on the tube. I've overcome that too. :-D
observer1
Posts: 4816
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:27 am

Phobias?

Post by observer1 »

I have a fear of heights & bridges. I especially hate crossing tall bridges!! I used to be afraid of elevators (lived on the 4th floor with a baby at the time too!). But I've pretty much overcome that one. But I won't get on a crowded elevator!!
User avatar
[love]light
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:04 pm

Phobias?

Post by [love]light »

The summer is not a fun season for me because I am terrified of wasps. What the hell is their purpose?

Spot? I'm SURE you know :)

Also, I am convinced that I will die in the hands of a serial killer. So, um, yea, i'm skerred of that too. You can blame me as an 8 year old watching Nightmare on Elm Street by myself for that.

The most important things in life are:

laughter, love, and a healthy appreciation for the dark side!





freetobeme
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:05 pm

Phobias?

Post by freetobeme »

mrsK;493631 wrote: MOTHS flapping /flying around my head.


Oh gawd, that's mine too - I hate the suckers... especially the huge ones that bounce at the windows and screens. Yuk





visit me here

senior's politics and discussion
User avatar
Chezzie
Posts: 14615
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am

Phobias?

Post by Chezzie »

I hate any creepy crawlies, even ladybirds and butterflies...

Worst contender is them huge bloody daddylonglegs, they make that horrid clickey noise and they swoop down and convince you their gonna land in your hair. Moths are next, hubby in the (warm) summer has the conservatory door open till the early hours and they all come in and take over all the light fittings and gang up on me...:-3
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

Phobias?

Post by minks »

Caves

tunnels

underwater

open water

deep water

diving into water

high diving boards

loosing my breath

wide open see forever flat places

and Nomad he scares me like you wouldn't believe ok even more than Spot scares me :wah:
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Book_Junkie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:03 am

Phobias?

Post by Book_Junkie »

Clowns freak me out.

And a few years ago I hated being in a room with blown up balloons! It wasn't really a phobia, just that I was always on edge waiting for one to pop.
KarmaDoodle
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:04 pm

Phobias?

Post by KarmaDoodle »

I'm afraid of heights and mold and rodents (eeek!). I fell off a high dive when I was 9 and landed on my back (in the water) but knocked myself out -- ever since then I get really dizzy looking over cliffs or being high up! The other fears are just things that gross me out! I had ickiness.
User avatar
kinks
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:55 am

Phobias?

Post by kinks »

spiders

moths

cockroach.....oh hell, any creepy crawly

hights

closed spaces

and believe it or not......brillo pads, just talking about them is making me cringe, so i'll stop now :D
lemon_and_mint
Posts: 928
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:04 pm

Phobias?

Post by lemon_and_mint »

Lemon has a fear of choking ............:-1

Hence Lemon tries to only eat mashed potato, clear soup, and..........

ice cream :)

virtually impossible to choke on plain icecream.
life42
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:13 pm

Phobias?

Post by life42 »

spiders

cockaroaches

and any other creepy crawlies

but one thing that definitely scares me are clowns..they freak me out
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

Phobias?

Post by Nomad »

SnoozeControl;493673 wrote: Posting in the wrong forum. :(



Joking, just ignore me. :lips:




hmph
I AM AWESOME MAN
User avatar
mrsK
Posts: 3342
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:23 pm

Phobias?

Post by mrsK »

Ablutophobia — washing, bathing, or cleaning

Acarophobia — itching or the insects that cause itching

Acerophobia — sourness or things that are sour

Achluophobia — darkness or the dark

Acousticophobia — noise or sound

Acrophobia — heights or high levels

Aeroacrophobia — open high places

Aeronausiphobia — vomiting secondary to airsickness

Aerophobia — draft, swallowing air, or airborne noxious substances

Agateophobia — insanity or becoming insane

Agliophobia — pain

Agoraphobia — open spaces, leaving a safe place, or crowded public places

Agraphobia — sexual abuse

Agrizoophobia — wild animals

Agyrophobia — streets or crossing the street

Aichmophobia — needles, pins, or pointed objects

Ailurophobia — cats

Albuminurophobia — kidney disease

Alektorophobia — chickens

Algophobia — garlic

Alliumphobia — opinions or beliefs

Altophobia — dust

Amathophobia — riding in cars

Amaxophobia — walking

Amnesiphobia — amnesia

Amychophobia — scratches or being scratched

Anablephobia — looking up

Androphobia — men

Anemophobia — wind or air drafts

Anginophobia — angina, choking, or narrowness

Anglophobia — England, English Culture, or English People

Angrophobia — anger or becoming angry

Ankylophobia — immobility of a joint

Anthophobia — flowers

Anthropophobia — people or society

Antlophobia — floods

Anuptaphobia — staying single

Anxiety — Anxiety and a state of apprehension, uncertainty, and fear resulting from the anticipation of a realistic or fantasized threatening event or situation, often impairing physical and psychological functioning

Apeirophobia — infinity

Aphenphosmphobia — being touched

Apiphobia — bees

Apotemnophobia — persons with amputations

Arachibutyrophobia — peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth

Arachnephobia — spiders

Arithmophobia — numbers

Arsonphobia — fire or flames

Asthenophobia — fainting or weakness

Astraphobia — thunder and lightning

Astrophobia — stars and celestial space

Asymmetriphobia — asymmetrical things

Ataxiophobia — ataxia (muscular incoordination)

Ataxophobia — disorder or untidiness

Atelophobia — imperfection

Atephobia — ruin or ruins

Athazagoraphobia — being forgotton, being ignored, or forgetting

Atomosophobia — atomic explosions

Atychiphobia — failure

Aulophobia — flutes

Aurophobia — gold

Auroraphobia — Northern lights

Autodysomophobia — one that has a vile odor

Automatonophobia — ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures or wax statues

Automysophobia — being dirty

Autophobia — solitude, being alone, oneself, or being by oneself

Aviophobia — flying
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
User avatar
kinks
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:55 am

Phobias?

Post by kinks »

mrsK;747076 wrote: Ablutophobia — washing, bathing, or cleaning

Acarophobia — itching or the insects that cause itching

Acerophobia — sourness or things that are sour

Achluophobia — darkness or the dark

Acousticophobia — noise or sound

Acrophobia — heights or high levels

Aeroacrophobia — open high places

Aeronausiphobia — vomiting secondary to airsickness

Aerophobia — draft, swallowing air, or airborne noxious substances

Agateophobia — insanity or becoming insane

Agliophobia — pain

Agoraphobia — open spaces, leaving a safe place, or crowded public places

Agraphobia — sexual abuse

Agrizoophobia — wild animals

Agyrophobia — streets or crossing the street

Aichmophobia — needles, pins, or pointed objects

Ailurophobia — cats

Albuminurophobia — kidney disease

Alektorophobia — chickens

Algophobia — garlic

Alliumphobia — opinions or beliefs

Altophobia — dust

Amathophobia — riding in cars

Amaxophobia — walking

Amnesiphobia — amnesia

Amychophobia — scratches or being scratched

Anablephobia — looking up

Androphobia — men

Anemophobia — wind or air drafts

Anginophobia — angina, choking, or narrowness

Anglophobia — England, English Culture, or English People

Angrophobia — anger or becoming angry

Ankylophobia — immobility of a joint

Anthophobia — flowers

Anthropophobia — people or society

Antlophobia — floods

Anuptaphobia — staying single

Anxiety — Anxiety and a state of apprehension, uncertainty, and fear resulting from the anticipation of a realistic or fantasized threatening event or situation, often impairing physical and psychological functioning

Apeirophobia — infinity

Aphenphosmphobia — being touched

Apiphobia — bees

Apotemnophobia — persons with amputations

Arachibutyrophobia — peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth

Arachnephobia — spiders

Arithmophobia — numbers

Arsonphobia — fire or flames

Asthenophobia — fainting or weakness

Astraphobia — thunder and lightning

Astrophobia — stars and celestial space

Asymmetriphobia — asymmetrical things

Ataxiophobia — ataxia (muscular incoordination)

Ataxophobia — disorder or untidiness

Atelophobia — imperfection

Atephobia — ruin or ruins

Athazagoraphobia — being forgotton, being ignored, or forgetting

Atomosophobia — atomic explosions

Atychiphobia — failure

Aulophobia — flutes

Aurophobia — gold

Auroraphobia — Northern lights

Autodysomophobia — one that has a vile odor

Automatonophobia — ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures or wax statues

Automysophobia — being dirty

Autophobia — solitude, being alone, oneself, or being by oneself

Aviophobia — flying


I take that is just a list of what phobias are called.....and not a list of your phobias? :-3
User avatar
mrsK
Posts: 3342
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:23 pm

Phobias?

Post by mrsK »

Bloody hell I didn't think of that Kinks:wah::wah:

No it's just a list,I am going to put more up:-6

Bacillophobia- Fear of microbes.

Bacteriophobia- Fear of bacteria.

Ballistophobia- Fear of missiles or bullets.

Bolshephobia- Fear of Bolsheviks.

Barophobia- Fear of gravity.

Basophobia or Basiphobia- Inability to stand. Fear of walking or falling.

Bathmophobia- Fear of stairs or steep slopes.

Bathophobia- Fear of depth.

Batophobia- Fear of heights or being close to high buildings.

Batrachophobia- Fear of amphibians, such as frogs, newts, salamanders, etc.

Belonephobia- Fear of pins and needles. (Aichmophobia)

Bibliophobia- Fear of books.

Blennophobia- Fear of slime.

Bogyphobia- Fear of bogeys or the bogeyman.

Botanophobia- Fear of plants.

Bromidrosiphobia or Bromidrophobia- Fear of body smells.

Brontophobia- Fear of thunder and lightning.

Bufonophobia- Fear of toads.
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
User avatar
WonderWendy3
Posts: 12412
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:44 am

Phobias?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

mrsK;747681 wrote: Bloody hell I didn't think of that Kinks:wah::wah:

No it's just a list,I am going to put more up:-6

Bacillophobia- Fear of microbes.

Bacteriophobia- Fear of bacteria.

Ballistophobia- Fear of missiles or bullets.

Bolshephobia- Fear of Bolsheviks.What is that???

Barophobia- Fear of gravity.

Basophobia or Basiphobia- Inability to stand. Fear of walking or falling.

Bathmophobia- Fear of stairs or steep slopes.

Bathophobia- Fear of depth.

Batophobia- Fear of heights or being close to high buildings.

Batrachophobia- Fear of amphibians, such as frogs, newts, salamanders, etc.

Belonephobia- Fear of pins and needles. (Aichmophobia)

Bibliophobia- Fear of books.

Blennophobia- Fear of slime.

Bogyphobia- Fear of bogeys or the bogeyman.

Botanophobia- Fear of plants.

Bromidrosiphobia or Bromidrophobia- Fear of body smells.

Brontophobia- Fear of thunder and lightning.

Bufonophobia- Fear of toads.


I highlighted a few that I found interesting and of course one I didn't know what it is....and our sweet Suzy has "Bufonophobia"--never knew there were so many phobias!!--thanks Mrs. K!:-4
User avatar
mrsK
Posts: 3342
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:23 pm

Phobias?

Post by mrsK »

But there's still more.

Hope Suzy can deal with her phobia.

Thanks ww:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
User avatar
mrsK
Posts: 3342
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:23 pm

Phobias?

Post by mrsK »

Cacophobia- Fear of ugliness.

Cainophobia or Cainotophobia- Fear of newness, novelty.

Caligynephobia- Fear of beautiful women.

Cancerophobia or Carcinophobia- Fear of cancer.

Cardiophobia- Fear of the heart.

Carnophobia- Fear of meat.

Catagelophobia- Fear of being ridiculed.

Catapedaphobia- Fear of jumping from high and low places.

Cathisophobia- Fear of sitting.

Catoptrophobia- Fear of mirrors.

Cenophobia or Centophobia- Fear of new things or ideas.

Ceraunophobia or Keraunophobia- Fear of thunder and lightning.(Astraphobia, Astrapophobia)

Chaetophobia- Fear of hair.

Cheimaphobia or Cheimatophobia- Fear of cold.(Frigophobia, Psychophobia)

Chemophobia- Fear of chemicals or working with chemicals.

Cherophobia- Fear of gaiety.

Chionophobia- Fear of snow.

Chiraptophobia- Fear of being touched.

Chirophobia- Fear of hands.

Cholerophobia- Fear of anger or the fear of cholera.

Chorophobia- Fear of dancing.

Chrometophobia or Chrematophobia- Fear of money.
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
User avatar
mrsK
Posts: 3342
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:23 pm

Phobias?

Post by mrsK »

Decidophobia- Fear of making decisions.

Defecaloesiophobia- Fear of painful bowels movements.

Deipnophobia- Fear of dining or dinner conversations.

Dementophobia- Fear of insanity.

Demonophobia or Daemonophobia- Fear of demons.

Demophobia- Fear of crowds. (Agoraphobia)

Dendrophobia- Fear of trees.

Dentophobia- Fear of dentists.

Dermatophobia- Fear of skin lesions.

Dermatosiophobia or Dermatophobia or Dermatopathophobia- Fear of skin disease.

Dextrophobia- Fear of objects at the right side of the body.

Diabetophobia- Fear of diabetes.

Didaskaleinophobia- Fear of going to school.

Dikephobia- Fear of justice.

Dinophobia- Fear of dizziness or whirlpools.

Diplophobia- Fear of double vision.

Dipsophobia- Fear of drinking.

Dishabiliophobia- Fear of undressing in front of someone.

Domatophobia- Fear of houses or being in a house.(Eicophobia, Oikophobia)

Doraphobia- Fear of fur or skins of animals.

Doxophobia- Fear of expressing opinions or of receiving praise.

Dromophobia- Fear of crossing streets.

Dutchphobia- Fear of the Dutch.

Dysmorphophobia- Fear of deformity.

Dystychiphobia- Fear of accidents.
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
lalalala
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:10 pm

Phobias?

Post by lalalala »

MrsK, did you get those phobias from one of these sites?

http://www.indianchild.com/phobias.htm

http://www.phobialist.com/

Some of the phobias seem like they were made up but everyone is afraid of something. I hate spiders and bees.
lalalala
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:10 pm

Phobias?

Post by lalalala »

Roaches
User avatar
mrsK
Posts: 3342
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:23 pm

Phobias?

Post by mrsK »

lalalala;758134 wrote: MrsK, did you get those phobias from one of these sites?

http://www.indianchild.com/phobias.htm

http://www.phobialist.com/

Some of the phobias seem like they were made up but everyone is afraid of something. I hate spiders and bees.


Sorry for not answering before:o

Yes I didget them from the bottom list.

I have a phobia about moths................hate them ,horrible fluttery things.
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
User avatar
nvalleyvee
Posts: 5191
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:57 am

Phobias?

Post by nvalleyvee »

I can NEVER do heights. I can't even climb the ladder to the roof without getting woogy.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Return to “The Coffee Shop”