What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
User avatar
Imladris
Posts: 4798
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:29 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Imladris »

Galbally;469536 wrote: I would have to say warm sticky toffee pudding, pure bliss on a wet afternoon. Yum.



Have you tried M&S sticky toffee pudding? it's like sex on a plate!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy





Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Saffron
Posts: 718
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:33 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Saffron »

I see everyone liked this thread. Let me add a piece of cake.

Ummm......I'll have to say pumpkin, again. Oh with whipped cream on top and some tea.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Saffron
Posts: 718
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:33 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Saffron »

haha, my anthropology professor, (we are supposed to refer to her as "doctor"), tells us all that she cannot smell the scent of alcohol. Then also tells us about all of the beer she likes to drink.

:D
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
casper
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:05 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by casper »

Chocolate moose for me...
tazlady
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:37 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by tazlady »

My aunts homemake carrot cake is too DIE for!! loads of raisins and pieces of pineapple, with creamy cream cheese icing, OMG soo yummy!!!
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Nomad »

Saffron;471338 wrote: haha, my anthropology professor, (we are supposed to refer to her as "doctor"), tells us all that she cannot smell the scent of alcohol. Then also tells us about all of the beer she likes to drink.



:D




I agree. Lemon cake is a nice "summery" treat.
I AM AWESOME MAN
RedGlitter
Posts: 15777
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:51 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by RedGlitter »

Red Velvet Cake with white frosting....
Stitchmom
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:39 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Stitchmom »

Saffron;406748 wrote: So what is the best kind of cake to eat with coffee in the afternoon? I've had a thick and rich piece of chocolate cake on my mind this morning. What is your favorite kind of cake to eat?:p








When I was a child, my mom and aunts used to make what they called a 'sock it to me' cake. It was always great, but I have no recipe as this has been many years ago.
Available Jones
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 3:11 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Available Jones »

Athick, rich, piece of strawberry cheesecake!
littlemissgiggle
Posts: 2345
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 1:27 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by littlemissgiggle »

definetly carrot cake,

Yum Yum :p (licks lips)


User avatar
crazygal
Posts: 5049
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:57 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by crazygal »

Saffron;406748 wrote: So what is the best kind of cake to eat with coffee in the afternoon? I've had a thick and rich piece of chocolate cake on my mind this morning. What is your favorite kind of cake to eat?:p








Carrot Cake, I just love the frosting and walnuts. :D
User avatar
Chookie
Posts: 1826
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:55 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Chookie »

Silly wimmins - it's the last bit!
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by minks »

Pinky;406775 wrote: Scones with strawb jam and clotted cream :yh_drool


Oh Pinks I experienced that near orgasmic event when I was over there last year, I think that was the best. Pity we have NOTHING like it here. I even posted a pic of mine on my UK visit photo site hehehehe:-4
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
littlemissgiggle
Posts: 2345
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 1:27 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by littlemissgiggle »

clotted cream and jam on a scone, I could eat that right now,

:p
User avatar
crazygal
Posts: 5049
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:57 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by crazygal »

Oh man, get to Sainsburys. They are selling Hob Knob flapjacks half price, can't get enough!
xalisonx
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 7:31 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by xalisonx »

mm my favourite cake is chocolate fudge cake covered in chocolate sauce, id eat it all day if i could!

tho profritteroles (cant spell it!) are very close behind!

xx
User avatar
crazygal
Posts: 5049
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:57 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by crazygal »

I went to Sainsburys yesterday, got a few more packs of those Hob Knob bars and again today. I ain't gonna get into any clothes soon!
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by qsducks »

Key lime cheesecake:p with a good cup of tea.
lalalala
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:10 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by lalalala »

It might not technically be cake but I LOVE ice cream cake :D
User avatar
chrisb84uk
Posts: 11634
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:29 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by chrisb84uk »

Oh I love ice cream cake too it's wonderful! :-4



And anyone that said coffee is mad! :D
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by qsducks »

Definately, a Carvel ice cream cake. Vanilla top, crunchies in the middle and chocolate on the bottom. Yummio!
abortretryfail
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:44 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by abortretryfail »

Sachertorte!
librtyhead
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:32 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by librtyhead »

My wife makes the very best cake! Only once has she failed, she put 1/2 cup of baking soda in it by mistake! I was the first to try it and the first thing out of my mouth after swallowing was "Wow! That was interesting!"
hoppy
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by hoppy »

I never met a bad piece of cake.
User avatar
Chezzie
Posts: 14615
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Chezzie »

Hot chocolate fudge cake with double cream :p
kiwimum76
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:13 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by kiwimum76 »

I love pretty much any cake...... and although cheescake isn't technically cake, it is one of my favourites. Cookies N Cream, Berry flavour, passionfruit, anything will be delicious and greatly enjoyed.
kayleneaussie
Posts: 9127
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:11 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by kayleneaussie »

Mud cake and cream :yh_drool
FOC THREAD PART 1
Malady Ash
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 10:45 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Malady Ash »

YZGI;406766 wrote: Crab cake with jalapeno relish on the side.


Sorry guy's but never even heard of that cake, must say it sounds disgusting to a yorkshire lass like me :-2
Mustang
Posts: 23031
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:39 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Mustang »

Malady Ash;870485 wrote: Sorry guy's but never even heard of that cake, must say it sounds disgusting to a yorkshire lass like me :-2


Hi Malady Ash and welcome to FG! :-6

This is what crab cakes look like:

They are made with lump crab meat. They aren't a sweet cake like I think you thought they were. ;)
watermark
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:02 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by watermark »

I love cake too. Probably chocolate with choco frosting

homemade is the best (not by me though:)

then carrot cake with cream cheese frosting with walnuts of course in the cake,

love black bottom cupcakes,

coffee cake of any variety,

cheesecake that's made right, mmm,

not yellow cake with choco frosting, never liked that much,

lemon cake though from scratch, wow what a cake that is,

pound cake is very delicious,

not fond of angel food cake,

hmmm, can't remember others off the top.

Cake is hard to make though.

Gotta have bakers blood in you to be able to make a good one.

Well sheet cakes aren't so hard but layer cakes?

Don't even try unless you're an expert baker.

Box cakes are never fail but between scratch and box it's the difference between jug and vintage wine. No comparison.

any drink goes with cake imo

oh I've never tried fruit cake
Malady Ash
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 10:45 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Malady Ash »

Mustang;870564 wrote: Hi Malady Ash and welcome to FG! :-6



This is what crab cakes look like:



They are made with lump crab meat. They aren't a sweet cake like I think you thought they were. ;)


Thanks for the pic mustang, It looks better than it sounds lol. Im not much of a fan of crab but my hubby would love it i think.
Malady Ash
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 10:45 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Malady Ash »

watermark;870683 wrote: I love cake too. Probably chocolate with choco frosting

homemade is the best (not by me though:)

then carrot cake with cream cheese frosting with walnuts of course in the cake,

love black bottom cupcakes,

coffee cake of any variety,

cheesecake that's made right, mmm,

not yellow cake with choco frosting, never liked that much,

lemon cake though from scratch, wow what a cake that is,

pound cake is very delicious,

not fond of angel food cake,

hmmm, can't remember others off the top.

Cake is hard to make though.

Gotta have bakers blood in you to be able to make a good one.

Well sheet cakes aren't so hard but layer cakes?

Don't even try unless you're an expert baker.

Box cakes are never fail but between scratch and box it's the difference between jug and vintage wine. No comparison.

any drink goes with cake imo

oh I've never tried fruit cake


Hi watermark, you sure love your cakes lol.

Never tried fruit cake!! you don't know what you are missing mmm. My hubby makes the best fruit cake much better than mine.
Mustang
Posts: 23031
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:39 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Mustang »

Malady Ash;870714 wrote: Thanks for the pic mustang, It looks better than it sounds lol. Im not much of a fan of crab but my hubby would love it i think.




Your welcome Malady Ash. They are very good. Your hubby has good taste. ;) :)
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Nomad »

I discriminate against no cake.

(Fruitcake being the one exception)
I AM AWESOME MAN
watermark
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:02 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by watermark »

I've never heard anything good about fruit cake except here. To me it sounds really good. I imagine it has lots of dried fruit, nuts, butter, a little flour, some sugar, etc and then marinated in something like liquor. Then it sits and becomes preserved, instead of freezing it, you can pack it in a tin for almost a year or more and it's still fresh! YUM!!
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by qsducks »

Mustang;870564 wrote: Hi Malady Ash and welcome to FG! :-6

This is what crab cakes look like:

They are made with lump crab meat. They aren't a sweet cake like I think you thought they were. ;)


Love crab cakes with a lemon remoulade sauce.:-4
sibyl
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:17 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by sibyl »

Without a doubt, my favorite cake is a coconut cake complete with little coconut shavings on top. (sighsssssssss dreamily)
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Odie »

my own cherry cheesecake, I make the graham cracker crust twice the thickness it should be and add another 1/2 pack of Philadelphia cream cheese.



mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Life is just to short for drama.
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by southern yankee »

My all time FAV. is carrot cake YUM:-4
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by southern yankee »

Odie;1099010 wrote: my own cherry cheesecake, I make the graham cracker crust twice the thickness it should be and add another 1/2 pack of Philadelphia cream cheese.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! your buck eye balls were out of this world :-4CONFESION: i only gave Hubby 1:sneaky:
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1102722 wrote: your buck eye balls were out of this world :-4CONFESION: i only gave Hubby 1:sneaky:


thanks hun, next years batch will be better, this was my first time working with melted chocolate!:-5:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by southern yankee »

Odie;1102814 wrote: thanks hun, next years batch will be better, this was my first time working with melted chocolate!:-5:-5:-5 they were good with a cold glass of milk:-4
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1102825 wrote: they were good with a cold glass of milk:-4


OMG.........me to, gotta have the ice cold milk!

maybe just for you, I could make more?:-4:-4



my recipe made 60, how many would you like?
Life is just to short for drama.
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by southern yankee »

Odie;1102833 wrote: OMG.........me to, gotta have the ice cold milk!

maybe just for you, I could make more?:-4:-4



my recipe made 60, how many would you like? Gosh, maybe a 1,000:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl, 25 would be fine, dear:)
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1102841 wrote: gosh, maybe a 1,000:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl, 25 would be fine, dear:)


- I am on this in a couple of days when I buy the ingredients, now, were they still fresh?
Life is just to short for drama.
sleepingbeauty
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:40 am

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by sleepingbeauty »

I agree crab cake! Lol. But for dessert Cheesecake. Yum! I love cheesecake.
lovemyway
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:14 pm

What's The Best Piece of Cake?

Post by lovemyway »

mud cake. no contest.

Return to “The Coffee Shop”