Coffee Shop Menu/Breakfast-Lunch-Supper

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Good morning Chonsi. :)
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Hi Chris, how are you this morning?

Gosh, we can jump from Cafe to Pub, and eat all day long now!:)
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

I'm very well thank u, yourself?

Oh indeed, this coffee shop is a great idea, and with Clipper dishing out these wonderous meals everyday, we certainly are spolit for choice. We can eat away in here during the day, and then go to the pub at night for even more food and drink!!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Diet cokes all day long!

What more could I want!
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Hahaha oh I don't know what could be better than that!!

I saw that you have yourself a new addition to your family recently. Has he settled in well??
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

Goodmorning y'all! :)

*Basco places a Belgium waffle w/strawberries on a plate and pours a cup of coffee*

Looks wonderful Clipper! Thanks again for such a fine breakfast! ;)

How are you this morning Chris and chonsi?
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Good morning Lil, I'm very well thank you, how about yourself??
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

chrisb84uk wrote: Good morning Lil, I'm very well thank you, how about yourself??
I'm doing well this morning, thanks for asking! :) Better than some other folks 'round here. Had such a severe storm last night with high winds which brought trees down all over the place blocking roads, that folks can't go anywhere until the road crews come out and cut up the trees. Guess there'll be alot of folks late for work today!
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Lil~Basco wrote: I'm doing well this morning, thanks for asking! :) Better than some other folks 'round here. Had such a severe storm last night with high winds which brought trees down all over the place blocking roads, that folks can't go anywhere until the road crews come out and cut up the trees. Guess there'll be alot of folks late for work today!

Oh we get a lot of nasty winds like that around here as well. In fact if my memory is right a few weeks ago, we had several trees fall down onto power lines which took out power for the whole area, and was a real problem trying to clean it up as u might imagine. Let's hope that the road crews get the mess sorted out as quickly as possible, as I'm sure that it will play havoc with a lot of people as you say. These roads that are blocked are they major roads, or just countryside kind of lanes?
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

chrisb84uk wrote: Oh we get a lot of nasty winds like that around here as well. In fact if my memory is right a few weeks ago, we had several trees fall down onto power lines which took out power for the whole area, and was a real problem trying to clean it up as u might imagine. Let's hope that the road crews get the mess sorted out as quickly as possible, as I'm sure that it will play havoc with a lot of people as you say. These roads that are blocked are they major roads, or just countryside kind of lanes?
They are mostly country roads leading to a main road. The main roads are cleared immediately so emergency vehicles can get through if needed....but it does take time to get to all the small roads. I'm really surprised no one lost power last night. It flickered, but that was all. :)
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Lil~Basco wrote: They are mostly country roads leading to a main road. The main roads are cleared immediately so emergency vehicles can get through if needed....but it does take time to get to all the small roads. I'm really surprised no one lost power last night. It flickered, but that was all. :)

I know what you mean, my gran lives well of the main roads in the middle of nowhere and whenever they have wind trouble, it really does affect them seriously, and for an elderly couple it certainly doesn't help one bit.

Glad to hear though that your power wasn't troubled. For some reason these high winds always occur at night, which can be a real pain, seeing as how it is when you really need your power more than during the day.
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

Storms are sure something else! But I love hearing the thunder rumbling away and the lightning lighting up the sky. Our streams have sure swelled too. They looked like chocolate milk this morning....moving swifly.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Oh you have that right watching a storm going on can be beautiful. It's just a shame that something so lovely to view can be so deadly, as is the case with a lot of natural disasters.

Attached files
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

Awesome pictures Chris! :-6 You're right about them being deadly at times.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Oh definately, though for all those storm chasers out there I can kind of see why they follow them for their beauty, but I for one would as sure as hell want to be far enough away from them. Try this link though for some amazing scenes of guys who decide to be close to the action. They are all mad I tell u!!!

http://www.ultimatechase.com/Lightning_Video.htm
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

A lotta storm chasers in Key Largo I see. :D

Awesome pictures though.....must be an adrenalin rush for those folks!

*wondering if Clipper will be back at all today...or just plum tuckered out from his Dr appt.*
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

hahaha oh I'm sure Clipper will be back, he's too macho to be hiding or complaining about anything!! :wah:

I bet he's having a great time right as we speak, loving every minute of it. :yh_liar :D
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Morning Far, how are you today??
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

MMM that burrito on Far's plate looks yummy.

Hey far look at Mink's new AV, she's one hot momma!!!

While far glances over, I lift his burrito from his plate and run!!
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Sheryl wrote: MMM that burrito on Far's plate looks yummy.

Hey far look at Mink's new AV, she's one hot momma!!!

While far glances over, I lift his burrito from his plate and run!!

Hahaha you know I'm sure that Clipper made enough to go around, so there is no need for stealing!! :wah:

If u are that hungry, here u can have one of mine. :)
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Shhhh Chris, I just stole Far's so he'd have to go make himself another one :wah:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Hehehe ok shussh I won't tell anyone that you stole his food, nope your secret is safe with me!! Imagine the look on his face when he realises hahahaha. :D
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

*Basco walks in and checks out the food.....places strawberry shortcake on a plate with a dollop of whipped cream*

Evenin' y'all!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, strawberry shortcake!

*getting out fork*
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

chonsigirl wrote: Oh, strawberry shortcake!

*getting out fork*
Hey bunnygirl....git yer fork out of my dessert! :p :wah:
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Rap walks over to where all the FG guys are sittin'. She's got a large plate of strawberry shortcake (with one piece missing! :wah: ) in one hand and two jugs in the other. As she puts them on the table, people can see that one jug is full of thick whipped cream and t'other one is full of forks.

"Howdy folks" she says "Can I join y'all here? I brung goodies to share" :)
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Good morning everyone, hope we are all well! :)
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

:-6 G'morning Chris...hi everyone!

Hmmmm....clipper sleeping in this morning or what? Hasn't he re-cooped from yesterdays Dr appointment? :-3

*Basco pours a cup of coffee*
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Morning Lil. Yeah I haven't seen Clipper at all this morning, maybe he is just preparing for all the questions and laughter that might be coming his way when he decided to show his face. :p
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

chrisb84uk wrote: Morning Lil. Yeah I haven't seen Clipper at all this morning, maybe he is just preparing for all the questions and laughter that might be coming his way when he decided to show his face. :p
It should be a fun day then....pickin' on clipper de cook! :wah:

Where's SweetDarlin at too? She's the waitress in this place and she's not here either.........boy oh boy....clippers gonna start puttin' his boot somewhere! :wah: Maybe we'll all have to run up the street to McDonald's this morning?????? hahahaha
Peg

Post by Peg »

I plan on being nice to Clipper today. I won't make fun of him. He needs to get in here. I want biscuits with lots of BUTTer and some molASSes.:sneaky:
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Lil~Basco wrote: It should be a fun day then....pickin' on clipper de cook! :wah:

Where's SweetDarlin at too? She's the waitress in this place and she's not here either.........boy oh boy....clippers gonna start puttin' his boot somewhere! :wah: Maybe we'll all have to run up the street to McDonald's this morning?????? hahahaha

Hahaha well usually if Clipper isn't here then Chonsi takes over, but I haven't seen her either. I'd volunteer but I wouldn't want to be responsible for a case of food poisoning or blowing the cafe up!!! :wah:

Looks like Mcdonalds will be getting some more customers this morning then hahaha.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Peg wrote: I plan on being nice to Clipper today. I won't make fun of him. He needs to get in here. I want biscuits with lots of BUTTer and some molASSes.:sneaky:

:wah: That is just so evil!! :p
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

Peg wrote: I plan on being nice to Clipper today. I won't make fun of him. He needs to get in here. I want biscuits with lots of BUTTer and some molASSes.:sneaky:
Hey Peg.....we can have fun today and turn this thread into another butter thread! :sneaky: :p Then maybe folks would show up and do their jobs, ya think?

Butter, butter, butter, butter, butter.............hehehehehe

Chris....I'm sure clipper won't mind if'n you cook.....cuz Far does the clean up! :D
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Lil~Basco wrote: Hey Peg.....we can have fun today and turn this thread into another butter thread! :sneaky: :p Then maybe folks would show up and do their jobs, ya think?

Butter, butter, butter, butter, butter.............hehehehehe

Chris....I'm sure clipper won't mind if'n you cook.....cuz Far does the clean up! :D

Hahaha when did Far get dragged into washing up duties, must be one heck of a reason!! :wah:
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

chrisb84uk wrote: Hahaha when did Far get dragged into washing up duties, must be one heck of a reason!! :wah:
Clipper calls Far "grasshopper" and a "skirt chaser!" Tries to keep him in the kitchen away from the wimmen! :rolleyes: :wah:
Peg

Post by Peg »

Clipper needs to get his BUTT out of bed and get busy here.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Lil~Basco wrote: Clipper calls Far "grasshopper" and a "skirt chaser!" Tries to keep him in the kitchen away from the wimmen! :rolleyes: :wah:

hahaha oh so that is why huh. I think Clipper just sees Far as competition, so that's why he has him stuck in the kitchen whilst he chats up all the ladies hehehe. :wah:
observer1

Post by observer1 »

Mornin' all. What's for breakfast... I'm STARVED!! I could really go for biscuits with sausage gravy! And some good cold tomato juice. YU-UMMM!!!
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

Good morning everyone! :)
observer1

Post by observer1 »

sunny104 wrote: Good morning everyone! :)

Morning Sunny!
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

Morning Sunny and OB1 :-6

Looks like it's cook your breakfast 'round here this morning.........everybody must be sleepin' in. Coffee is on...nice 'n hot! :)
observer1

Post by observer1 »

Lil~Basco wrote: Morning Sunny and OB1 :-6

Looks like it's cook your breakfast 'round here this morning.........everybody must be sleepin' in. Coffee is on...nice 'n hot! :)

Thanks Lil!!

*pours herself a tall coffee & dumps the sugar in*
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

I'm on my 2nd HUGE mug of (PG Tips) tea! Yum! I might have another one!

Anybody want a cup o'tea? :)

I haven't smoked since 9:30 last nite, I'm SO proud of myself! LOL!:D
observer1

Post by observer1 »

sunny104 wrote: I'm on my 2nd HUGE mug of (PG Tips) tea! Yum! I might have another one!

Anybody want a cup o'tea? :)

I haven't smoked since 9:30 last nite, I'm SO proud of myself! LOL!:D

Way to go sunny!!!! I've been trying on & off for quite a while now. My mom died of emphysema in December. I don't want my daughter or grandchildren to see me go that way. Keep up the GREAT work!!!
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

observer1 wrote: Way to go sunny!!!! I've been trying on & off for quite a while now. My mom died of emphysema in December. I don't want my daughter or grandchildren to see me go that way. Keep up the GREAT work!!!

I only manage to "quit" for anywhere from a few days to a few weeks! The longest was with my 2 pregnancies! I've been smoking since my teens and I'm 34 today!:eek: Oh well! :rolleyes:

Good luck to you too!:)
observer1

Post by observer1 »

sunny104 wrote: I only manage to "quit" for anywhere from a few days to a few weeks! The longest was with my 2 pregnancies! I've been smoking since my teens and I'm 34 today!:eek: Oh well! :rolleyes:

Good luck to you too!:)

I've quit twice before. The first time was from June to the end of January... then I was robbed at gunpoint & started up only after the cop lit a cigarette in the car, while he was driving me to ID a suspect. The next time was from January to July... then I was just stupid. Went to Jamboree In The Hills in Ohio & everybody was drinking & smoking. Had to join in! I could kick myself for that one!!

Ironically, I had quit the week my mom died, just before she went into the hospital for the last time. After she passed, I really needed one. Terrible, I know.

Return to “The Coffee Shop”