Three Strikes And The U.S. Is Out!

Discuss Prophecies and Prophets. From the Ancients to Modern Day Soothsayers.
CVX

Post by CVX »

Are two big cities going to be taken out by "terrorists" this Fall? According to an early vision received in 1954 by A.A. Allen, USA is going to destroyed in three stages: By terror (the 9/11), by pestilence (coming this Fall to NY, Los Angeles), and by destruction (a nuclear attack in 2006 or 2007); as stated in Psalm 91: 5-6 "You will not be afraid of the TERROR by night, of the PESTILENCE that stalks in darkness, or of the DESTRUCTION that lays waste at noon."

For the complete version of Allen's vision

In the vision, Allen was shown "a skeleton turning its face towards New York City. Then out of the horrible, great gaping mouth of the skeleton began to appear wisps of white vapor which looked like smoke, as a cigarette smoker would blow puffs of smoke from his mouth. These whitish vapors were being blown toward New York City. The smoke began to spread, until it had covered all the eastern part of the United States.

"Then the skeleton turned to the West, and out of the horrible mouth and nostrils came another great puff of white smoke. This time it was blown in the direction of the West Coast. In a few moments time, the entire West Coast and L.A. area was covered with its vapors.

"Then towards the center came a third great puff. As I watched, St. Louis and Kansas City were enveloped in its white vapors. Then on it came towards New Orleans. Then on they swept until they reached the Statue of Liberty where she stood staggering drunkenly in The blue waters of The Gulf. As the white vapors began to spread around the head of the statue, she took in but one gasping breath, and then began to cough as though to rid her lungs of the horrible vapors she had inhaled. One could readily discern by the coughing that those white vapors had seared her lungs.

"As I watched, the coughing grew worse. It sounded like a person was about to cough out his lungs. The Statue was moaning and groaning. She was in mortal agony. The pain must have been terrific, as again and again, she tried to clear her lungs of those horrible white vapors. I watched her there in The Gulf, as she staggered, clutching her lungs and her breast with her hands. Then she fell to her knees. In a moment, she gave one final cough, and made a last desperate effort to rise from her knees, and then fell face forward into the waters of The Gulf and lay still as death. Tears ran down my face as I realized that she was dead! Only The lapping of The waves, splashing over her body, which was partly under the water, and partly out of water, broke the silence.

"What were these white vapors? Could they signify bacteriological warfare or nerve gas that could destroy multitudes of people in a few moments time?

"Suddenly the silence was shattered by the screaming of sirens. The sirens seemed to scream, "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" Never before had I heard such shrill, screaming sirens. They seemed to be everywhere - to the North, South, the East and the West. There seemed to be multitudes of sirens. And as I looked, I saw people everywhere running. But it seemed none of them ran more than a few paces, and then they fell. And even as I had seen the Statue struggling to regain her poise and balance, and finally falling to die on her face, I now saw millions of people falling in the streets, on the sidewalks, struggling. I heard their screams for mercy and help. I heard their horrible coughing as though their lungs had been seared with fire. I heard the moanings and groanings of the doomed and the dying.

"Then suddenly I saw from the Atlantic and from the Pacific, and out of the Gulf, rocket-like objects that seemed to come up like fish leaping out of the water . High into the air they leaped, each headed in a different direction, but every one towards The U.S. On the ground, the sirens screamed louder. And up from the ground I saw similar rockets begin to ascend. To me, these appeared to be interceptor rockets although they arose from different points all over the U.S. However, none of them seemed to be successful in intercepting the rockets that had risen from the ocean on every side. These rockets finally reached their maximum height, slowly turned over, and fell back toward the earth in defeat. Them suddenly, the rockets which had leaped out of the ocean like fish all exploded at once. The explosion was ear-splitting. The next thing which I saw was a huge ball of fire. The only thing I have ever seen which resembled the thing I saw in my vision was the picture of the explosion of the H-bomb in the South Pacific. In my vision, it was so real I seemed to fell a searing heat from it.

"As the vision spread before my eyes, and I viewed the widespread desolation brought about by the terrific explosions, I could not help thinking, ' While the defenders of our nation have quibbled over what means of defense to use, and neglected the only true means of defense, faith and dependence upon the true and living God, the thing which she greatly feared has come unto her! How true it has proven that--except the Lord keep The city, The watchman watches but in vain.'

"Then as the noise of the battle subsided, to my ears came this quotation from Joel, the second chapter, 'Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand; A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations."

Michael Boldea Jr, another Christian with gifts of visions, said in a radio interview this July 1, 2005, when asked live by the radio host of watchmenRadio.net in West Babylon, New York, that he had seen a vision of a whole big American city being taken out by terrorists, but he was net yet allowed to share that information with others. Previously, after 9/11, Michael was shown a vision by an angel who said to him: "this has been revealed to you, that you may know, the first bite has been [9/11], the second is yet to come [pestilence, bio-terror], and the third will be its destruction."

Michael finds himself in the vision (as he puts it) walking through a sparsely wooded forest where suddenly his attention is drawn to an eagle flying high above the tree line: "It was a beautiful sight to behold as the eagle rode the thermals, flying in slow lazy arks across the blue sky. I began to quicken my pace, and keep up with the eagle's flight, all the while keeping an eye on it, noticing that it was slowly descending toward the earth. I followed it for a long time, its descend not being sudden but very gradual.

"Finally I came upon a small clearing, where there were no trees, just some bushes on the edges of the green grass. The eagle landed in the clearing, and began to look around not seeming to notice me.

"As I began to wonder what the relevance of this was, a man dressed in white, hands clasped in front of him, appeared beside me, and said, 'Be patient, in due time you will see the purpose.'

"I was silent as I watched the eagle, and was beginning to grow somewhat impatient, when suddenly, it seemed out of nowhere, a brown snake lunged at the eagle, and bit down on its left wing. The snake's strike was very quick and very precise. The eagle reacted without delay, clawing and pecking at the snake cutting deep wounds in its underbelly, trying to defend itself and ward off the serpent. Just as it seemed the eagle was winning the battle, and the serpent was retreating, another serpent appeared, red and black diagonal stripes covering its body, and without hesitation struck out at the eagle's right wing, biting down, and refusing to release. After a momentary tug of war the serpent tore off flesh and feathers, leaving a large wound on the eagle's right wing. The second bite was much worse then the first, and for an instant the eagle was stunned. Then a serpent much larger than the previous two, made up of many colors, slithered toward the eagle, opened its jaws, and lunged, taking the whole of the eagle's head in its mouth before biting down.

"The serpents retreated and the man who had been standing beside me, walked to the eagle, knelt down, picked it up, and held it in his cupped hands. The look of grief on his face was beyond any I have seen in my life. Just seeing the look on the man's face broke your heart.

"The man continued to look down at the eagle, and with a pained voice said, 'The true tragedy, is that at any moment it could have sought the safety of the above, it could have soared toward the heavens and would have found its protection. This has been revealed to you, that you may know, the first bite has been, the second is yet to come, and the third will be its destruction.'

"I watched for a long time as the man held the eagle in the palms of his hands, the pained __expression never leaving his features. I was too stunned to speak, or ask any questions, what I had seen having seemed so real. The feeling followed me into my waking hours as well, and each time I closed my eyes I saw the entire scene play before my eyes throughout the day."

Michael them makes a comment regarding his vision: "One thing that I feel I need to share with you is that the second bite seemed to come from an unexpected place. Although I have my own opinion concerning this, I choose to keep it to myself, because expounding on personal opinion is a dangerous thing when it comes to things that God reveals. I was hesitant in sharing this dream, because I know some will perceive it as a reason to fear. It is not a reason to fear, but a reason to be stirred, and emboldened for the kingdom of God. The reality, is that these are the times we are living in, and I for one am thankful to God for his forewarnings, knowing that His children will never be unaware of what the future holds. All I can do is urge you to be watchful, and diligent in your prayers to the Father.This nation, today, is more in need of prayer on its behalf than at any time in its history. It is the prayers of His children that compels God to relent, and tarry. Stand in the gap, you are precious in the eyes of God, and He hears your heartfelt supplications." Source

God has shown Olivia Long some events from 2005 thought 2012 (and subsequent results from those years' events from 2013-2014). Olivia says that before 2005 is over the [alleged] "Al Queda will strike from WITHIN the USA...the attack will come and most definitely the attack(s) will come from 'within our borders'. Large or key cities and/or key areas all over the country will be hit. Father [God] said I could share this one event now of all the ones He has shown me for all the years mentioned. I hope that some of what Father has shown me for the years 2005 - 2012, even a few of these events, even this one now mentioned could be delayed by His hand."

David Eells, in his site americaslastdays.com mentions someone by the name of Jo Ann seeing a vision this June 16th about three apocalypses horses and the number "109" appearing. Jo Ann says that "this is the most vivid vision I have had." David adds 109 days to the date of the vision and points to this October 3 as a possible date for the new terror attack. Also what David does did not see is that "109" could mean 10-9 or October 9.

On June 11th, 2005, Priscilla Van Stuphin has said:

"There will be a nuclear [terror] attack before end the of the year that will remove all complacency in this nation! But that will also lend fuel to Nazism that has tried to make progress in this nation. People being beyond reason will blame Israel and Arabs and neither will be safe here after this."

Visions are not an accurate descriptions of events, they are vague images given from Heaven to our earth as a warning. They are fluid and are not etched on tablets of stone. They may come to pass as given, or may come to pass in a quite different scenario or way, or may not come to pass at all.
Jives

Post by Jives »

ROFL@CVX. Dude, stop reading those magazines at the grocery store checkout stand!

The other day they all said that the world was going to be destroyed by a giant asteroid this week.

But seriously, have you given thought to what the impact on the world would be if the greatest superpower and economic power in the world suddenly collapsed?

Let's just say that it would be a good idea to begin domesticating horses again.:-3
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
MicahLorain

Post by MicahLorain »

Bring On The Asteroid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Did any of those "prophets" mention anything about Aston Villa Foootball Club winning the English FA Cup?

Just Wondering.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Actually I had a dream last night "And lo, did I not behold that the great metal bird fell onto a strange shoreline, and the people came of the bird, and did argue mightily. Strange they were onto each other, and yet alike, and within that great shore was a fell beast, and the people were afraid, but ever did they toil to rid themselves of their fear and lonliness!".......Oh hold on.....no sorry that was actually the first episode of "Lost".

My Mistake.

But if you mail me a check for $4,000,000 I shall reveal the true and full secrets revaled by the oricle of wisdom, though I will surmise them for free.

1. Something bad will happen to your particular country (whatever is currently in fashion in diasters will do) this will require that you send me some money to prevent it.

2. God will be angry at your people (insert nationality), which will also require money so I can pay him off.

3. The Democrats will ruin everything. This unfortunatly is unavoidable.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Frederick

Post by Frederick »

CVX wrote: Are two big cities going to be taken out by "terrorists" this Fall? According to an early vision received in 1954 by A.A. Allen, USA is going to destroyed in three stages: By terror (the 9/11), by pestilence (coming this Fall to NY, Los Angeles), and by destruction (a nuclear attack in 2006 or 2007); as stated in Psalm 91: 5-6 "You will not be afraid of the TERROR by night, of the PESTILENCE that stalks in darkness, or of the DESTRUCTION that lays waste at noon."

In the vision, Allen was shown "a skeleton turning its face towards New York City. Then out of the horrible, great gaping mouth of the skeleton began to appear wisps of white vapor which looked like smoke, as a cigarette smoker would blow puffs of smoke from his mouth. These whitish vapors were being blown toward New York City. The smoke began to spread, until it had covered all the eastern part of the United States.

"Then the skeleton turned to the West, and out of the horrible mouth and nostrils came another great puff of white smoke. This time it was blown in the direction of the West Coast. In a few moments time, the entire West Coast and L.A. area was covered with its vapors.

"Then towards the center came a third great puff. As I watched, St. Louis and Kansas City were enveloped in its white vapors. Then on it came towards New Orleans. Then on they swept until they reached the Statue of Liberty where she stood staggering drunkenly in The blue waters of The Gulf. As the white vapors began to spread around the head of the statue, she took in but one gasping breath, and then began to cough as though to rid her lungs of the horrible vapors she had inhaled. One could readily discern by the coughing that those white vapors had seared her lungs.

"As I watched, the coughing grew worse. It sounded like a person was about to cough out his lungs. The Statue was moaning and groaning. She was in mortal agony. The pain must have been terrific, as again and again, she tried to clear her lungs of those horrible white vapors. I watched her there in The Gulf, as she staggered, clutching her lungs and her breast with her hands. Then she fell to her knees. In a moment, she gave one final cough, and made a last desperate effort to rise from her knees, and then fell face forward into the waters of The Gulf and lay still as death. Tears ran down my face as I realized that she was dead! Only The lapping of The waves, splashing over her body, which was partly under the water, and partly out of water, broke the silence.

"What were these white vapors? Could they signify bacteriological warfare or nerve gas that could destroy multitudes of people in a few moments time?

"Suddenly the silence was shattered by the screaming of sirens. The sirens seemed to scream, "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" Never before had I heard such shrill, screaming sirens. They seemed to be everywhere - to the North, South, the East and the West. There seemed to be multitudes of sirens. And as I looked, I saw people everywhere running. But it seemed none of them ran more than a few paces, and then they fell. And even as I had seen the Statue struggling to regain her poise and balance, and finally falling to die on her face, I now saw millions of people falling in the streets, on the sidewalks, struggling. I heard their screams for mercy and help. I heard their horrible coughing as though their lungs had been seared with fire. I heard the moanings and groanings of the doomed and the dying.

"Then suddenly I saw from the Atlantic and from the Pacific, and out of the Gulf, rocket-like objects that seemed to come up like fish leaping out of the water . High into the air they leaped, each headed in a different direction, but every one towards The U.S. On the ground, the sirens screamed louder. And up from the ground I saw similar rockets begin to ascend. To me, these appeared to be interceptor rockets although they arose from different points all over the U.S. However, none of them seemed to be successful in intercepting the rockets that had risen from the ocean on every side. These rockets finally reached their maximum height, slowly turned over, and fell back toward the earth in defeat. Them suddenly, the rockets which had leaped out of the ocean like fish all exploded at once. The explosion was ear-splitting. The next thing which I saw was a huge ball of fire. The only thing I have ever seen which resembled the thing I saw in my vision was the picture of the explosion of the H-bomb in the South Pacific. In my vision, it was so real I seemed to fell a searing heat from it.

"As the vision spread before my eyes, and I viewed the widespread desolation brought about by the terrific explosions, I could not help thinking, ' While the defenders of our nation have quibbled over what means of defense to use, and neglected the only true means of defense, faith and dependence upon the true and living God, the thing which she greatly feared has come unto her! How true it has proven that--except the Lord keep The city, The watchman watches but in vain.'

"Then as the noise of the battle subsided, to my ears came this quotation from Joel, the second chapter, 'Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand; A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations."

Michael Boldea Jr, another Christian with gifts of visions, said in a radio interview this July 1, 2005, when asked live by the radio host of watchmenRadio.net in West Babylon, New York, that he had seen a vision of a whole big American city being taken out by terrorists, but he was net yet allowed to share that information with others. Previously, after 9/11, Michael was shown a vision by an angel who said to him: "this has been revealed to you, that you may know, the first bite has been [9/11], the second is yet to come [pestilence, bio-terror], and the third will be its destruction."

Michael finds himself in the vision (as he puts it) walking through a sparsely wooded forest where suddenly his attention is drawn to an eagle flying high above the tree line: "It was a beautiful sight to behold as the eagle rode the thermals, flying in slow lazy arks across the blue sky. I began to quicken my pace, and keep up with the eagle's flight, all the while keeping an eye on it, noticing that it was slowly descending toward the earth. I followed it for a long time, its descend not being sudden but very gradual.

"Finally I came upon a small clearing, where there were no trees, just some bushes on the edges of the green grass. The eagle landed in the clearing, and began to look around not seeming to notice me.

"As I began to wonder what the relevance of this was, a man dressed in white, hands clasped in front of him, appeared beside me, and said, 'Be patient, in due time you will see the purpose.'

"I was silent as I watched the eagle, and was beginning to grow somewhat impatient, when suddenly, it seemed out of nowhere, a brown snake lunged at the eagle, and bit down on its left wing. The snake's strike was very quick and very precise. The eagle reacted without delay, clawing and pecking at the snake cutting deep wounds in its underbelly, trying to defend itself and ward off the serpent. Just as it seemed the eagle was winning the battle, and the serpent was retreating, another serpent appeared, red and black diagonal stripes covering its body, and without hesitation struck out at the eagle's right wing, biting down, and refusing to release. After a momentary tug of war the serpent tore off flesh and feathers, leaving a large wound on the eagle's right wing. The second bite was much worse then the first, and for an instant the eagle was stunned. Then a serpent much larger than the previous two, made up of many colors, slithered toward the eagle, opened its jaws, and lunged, taking the whole of the eagle's head in its mouth before biting down.

"The serpents retreated and the man who had been standing beside me, walked to the eagle, knelt down, picked it up, and held it in his cupped hands. The look of grief on his face was beyond any I have seen in my life. Just seeing the look on the man's face broke your heart.

"The man continued to look down at the eagle, and with a pained voice said, 'The true tragedy, is that at any moment it could have sought the safety of the above, it could have soared toward the heavens and would have found its protection. This has been revealed to you, that you may know, the first bite has been, the second is yet to come, and the third will be its destruction.'

"I watched for a long time as the man held the eagle in the palms of his hands, the pained __expression never leaving his features. I was too stunned to speak, or ask any questions, what I had seen having seemed so real. The feeling followed me into my waking hours as well, and each time I closed my eyes I saw the entire scene play before my eyes throughout the day."

Michael them makes a comment regarding his vision: "One thing that I feel I need to share with you is that the second bite seemed to come from an unexpected place. Although I have my own opinion concerning this, I choose to keep it to myself, because expounding on personal opinion is a dangerous thing when it comes to things that God reveals. I was hesitant in sharing this dream, because I know some will perceive it as a reason to fear. It is not a reason to fear, but a reason to be stirred, and emboldened for the kingdom of God. The reality, is that these are the times we are living in, and I for one am thankful to God for his forewarnings, knowing that His children will never be unaware of what the future holds. All I can do is urge you to be watchful, and diligent in your prayers to the Father.This nation, today, is more in need of prayer on its behalf than at any time in its history. It is the prayers of His children that compels God to relent, and tarry. Stand in the gap, you are precious in the eyes of God, and He hears your heartfelt supplications." Source

God has shown Olivia Long some events from 2005 thought 2012 (and subsequent results from those years' events from 2013-2014). Olivia says that before 2005 is over the [alleged] "Al Queda will strike from WITHIN the USA...the attack will come and most definitely the attack(s) will come from 'within our borders'. Large or key cities and/or key areas all over the country will be hit. Father [God] said I could share this one event now of all the ones He has shown me for all the years mentioned. I hope that some of what Father has shown me for the years 2005 - 2012, even a few of these events, even this one now mentioned could be delayed by His hand."

David Eells, in his site americaslastdays.com mentions someone by the name of Jo Ann seeing a vision this June 16th about three apocalypses horses and the number "109" appearing. Jo Ann says that "this is the most vivid vision I have had." David adds 109 days to the date of the vision and points to this October 3 as a possible date for the new terror attack. Also what David does did not see is that "109" could mean 10-9 or October 9.

"There will be a nuclear [terror] attack before end the of the year that will remove all complacency in this nation! But that will also lend fuel to Nazism that has tried to make progress in this nation. People being beyond reason will blame Israel and Arabs and neither will be safe here after this."

Visions are not an accurate descriptions of events, they are vague images given from Heaven to our earth as a warning. They are fluid and are not etched on tablets of stone. They may come to pass as given, or may come to pass in a quite different scenario or way, or may not come to pass at all.

If you care to read the book of Revelations, it will soon be evident that scores of thing will come to pass before "the end is nigh" These aren't fictional generalised ramblings, these are FACTS. Forget Nostrodamus, or any twentieth century philosopher - history is full of prophits of doom with everybody pointing their finger towards their favourite philosopher and saying "There - what did I tell you?" AFTER THE EVENT! There is only one book you should take note of, and that is the Holy Bible, especially the Book of Revelations. But before any prophet of doom wags the Bible in your face and say "The end is nigh." take note that it openly says there will be wars until the end of time, asteroids will hit the moon, it will lose a quarter of it's size, darkness shall fall upon the face of the earth, there will no wind for four years... NONE of which has come to pass! Be warned brother, IT WILL COME TO PASS, because St. John the Divine wrote down all he had seen, but even in this uncertain age, it will not come in my lifetime. Read the whole book, not just one passage like the religious zealots love to do. Repent, and make straight the way........
In HIM I place my trust.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Jives wrote: ROFL@CVX. Dude, stop reading those magazines at the grocery store checkout stand!

The other day they all said that the world was going to be destroyed by a giant asteroid this week.

But seriously, have you given thought to what the impact on the world would be if the greatest superpower and economic power in the world suddenly collapsed?

Let's just say that it would be a good idea to begin domesticating horses again.:-3

:yh_rotfl :yh_worshp You have my vote Jives.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
downag

Post by downag »

I believe the Bible AND I believe the Bible is not understood by many, even those who publish as though they did understand it.

I believe God has hidden some things in plain sight and the meaning of them escapes mankind.

A verse in Isaiah comes to mind; "For the Lord shall rise up as at Mt. Parazim, he shall be wroth, as in the valley of Gibeon, to do his work, his strange work, to bring to pass his act, his strange act".

The only really clear thing yet to come is that Damascus is to be utterly destroyed, according to the Bible. Isa. 17:1 I think.

Keep watching!

Peace to you all;

downag:-3
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Prophesies fly in the face of free will. Pick one, because you can't have both.
Bronwen

Post by Bronwen »

Frederick wrote: 1. If you care to read the book of Revelations, it will soon be evident that scores of thing will come to pass before "the end is nigh"

2. These aren't fictional generalised ramblings, these are FACTS.

3. There is only one book you should take note of, and that is the Holy Bible, especially the Book of Revelations.

4. Be warned brother, IT WILL COME TO PASS, because St. John the Divine wrote down all he had seen, but even in this uncertain age, it will not come in my lifetime. Read the whole book, not just one passage like the religious zealots love to do.

5. Repent, and make straight the way........1. Fred, it's the book of Revelation, there is no 's' on the end.

2. Well, not exactly. Dreams and visions are not facts. Not even close. See 4.

3. I have read probably thousands of books, and probably the Bible more than any other, but saying that no other book ever written 'should be taken note of' is really rather silly, dontcha think?

4. Fred, ALL of the Bible writers, including the Revelator, wrote for their own time. This is not to say that the Bible is not pertinent today, it is, but in the correct context. Making wild claims with no support for same proves nothing except that the person making the claims is either a charlatan or a fool.

Here is a quote from the Good News Bible's introduction to Revelation:"The Revelation to John was written at a time when Christians were being persecuted because of their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord. The writer's main concern is to give his readers hope and encouragement, and to urge them to remain faithful during times of suffering and persecution.

For the most part the book consists of several series of revelations and visions presented in symbolic language that would have been understood by Christians of that day, but would have remained a mystery to all others. As with the themes of a symphony, the themes of this book are repeated again and again in different ways through the series of visions." VERY well put! Revelation is then, a book of faith, a book of encouragement, a book of LITERATURE, not prophecy, written about the events of John's time for the Christian readers of his time. It is prophetic only to the extent that in the end, the Lord will be victorious and the faithful will be rewarded.

But then, as Christians, we knew that anyway.

People who present the Bible as something it is not, in order to advance their own agenda, do a disservice to themselves, to the Bible and to Christianity.

As the GNB editors point out, the readers of John's time (2nd century AD), enduring terrible persecution by pagan Rome, knew exactly what he was talking about. There have been many fine books, from both Catholic and Protestant experts, which comment extensively on the symbolism of Revelation. They do not all agree on everything, but they all agree that is was written for the author's own time, not 2000 years in his future.

5. Amen, bruddah.
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

CVX wrote: "a skeleton turning its face towards New York City. Then out of the horrible, great gaping mouth of the skeleton began to appear wisps of white vapor which looked like smoke, as a cigarette smoker would blow puffs of smoke from his mouth. These whitish vapors were being blown toward New York City. The smoke began to spread, until it had covered all the eastern part of the United States.

"Then towards the center came a third great puff..

How's a skeleton gonna blow out of it's mouth without any lungs ?

Think about it !

R.B.
Bronwen

Post by Bronwen »

Richard Bell wrote: How's a skeleton gonna blow out of it's mouth without any lungs ? Think about it !Richard, I don't expect you'll receive a reply because CVX mostly hits and runs, not returning to discuss his posts with other posters.

In my opinion, that is contrary to the intent of the forum, but I'm not in charge here.

This is not to say that CVX's posts aren't amusing reads. Many of them are, especially to those of us with a sense of tolerance for the bizarre and far-fetched. In this case, though, he clearly states that his source, Priscilla Van Stuphin, whoever she is, predicted a nuclear terror attack before the end of last year, and of course, like nearly all such 'prophecies', she was 100% wrong.
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

Bronwen wrote: Richard, I don't expect you'll receive a reply because CVX mostly hits and runs, not returning to discuss his posts with other posters.

That's OK. I just enjoy takin' the mick.

R.B.
downag

Post by downag »

There is rant on the web about another false flag attack on the US from within (again) by a NUKE being placed on a ship at docked in Texas City outside of Houston, or was it Corpus Christi? Anyway, the powers that be are trying to get their one world government going faster. They of course would blame some foreign power or group for the disaster to follow.

Keep watching!

d:-5

P:S:, check out www.rense.com
Ted

Post by Ted »

I think the Simpsons is a great show.

Shalom

Ted:-6
Ted

Post by Ted »

I thought Snoopy made a good prophet as well. Lucy always had the habit of putting down the prophet. I'm not sure she made a good psychiatrist though.

Shalom

downag

Post by downag »

Bronwen wrote: 1. Fred, it's the book of Revelation, there is no 's' on the end.

2. Well, not exactly. Dreams and visions are not facts. Not even close. See 4.

3. I have read probably thousands of books, and probably the Bible more than any other, but saying that no other book ever written 'should be taken note of' is really rather silly, dontcha think?

4. Fred, ALL of the Bible writers, including the Revelator, wrote for their own time. This is not to say that the Bible is not pertinent today, it is, but in the correct context. Making wild claims with no support for same proves nothing except that the person making the claims is either a charlatan or a fool.

Here is a quote from the Good News Bible's introduction to Revelation:VERY well put! Revelation is then, a book of faith, a book of encouragement, a book of LITERATURE, not prophecy, written about the events of John's time for the Christian readers of his time. It is prophetic only to the extent that in the end, the Lord will be victorious and the faithful will be rewarded.

But then, as Christians, we knew that anyway.

People who present the Bible as something it is not, in order to advance their own agenda, do a disservice to themselves, to the Bible and to Christianity.

As the GNB editors point out, the readers of John's time (2nd century AD), enduring terrible persecution by pagan Rome, knew exactly what he was talking about. There have been many fine books, from both Catholic and Protestant experts, which comment extensively on the symbolism of Revelation. They do not all agree on everything, but they all agree that is was written for the author's own time, not 2000 years in his future.

5. Amen, bruddah.

More of your Roman Catholic BOLOGNA, eh?

Revelation is going to bite you on the ass Bronwen!

d:-5
Ted

Post by Ted »

Bronwen:-6

I think you are right on. Good post.

Shalom

Bronwen

Post by Bronwen »

It's interesting to note that downag has so destroyed his own credibility on these forums that he is now reduced to hurling insults at posts that are several months old.

That is not the purpose of the website, down. Better go back to the 'conspiracy' board where you can conspire yourself silly, or sillier.

To remind other posters, downag is the nutcase who thinks the 'Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion' are genuine. He also attacks other posters' churches while being so ashamed of his own that he refuses to identify it.
downag

Post by downag »

You're a legend in your own mind, Bron.

Just because your own big butt doesn't like what I've said, you ASSume that you must be right by virtue of your pretzel logic which always leads you back to your RCC upbringing and brainwashed view of the universe.

Addressing both you and Ted , both of you who demonstrate a very adeptness at SPINNING arguements is an exercise in fultiliy. Most folks with any common sense just leave you alone to wallow in your delusions.

By the way, Kali is the destroyer, not Shiva.
charles_r51

Post by charles_r51 »

remo williams is the destroyer. it says so in the book series by that name. now that i have your attention, anyone ever hear of the the prophesy that the end times, that is the christian concept, not mayan or any other, but the one which claims that the period described in revelation, began in 1985, and would continue through 2013? the reason i'm asking is i have heard of one who has claimed that that was the time it began, and certain events at that time were the signs fortold as proof that the prophecies were true. i can't say who it was but it seems he was very close to mark. anyone know if that was right? or who it was?:driving: :driving::-5 :-4
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I haven't, but that'd be a great thread all it's own!
CheshireCat

Post by CheshireCat »

I think the study of prophesy is fascinating, but purely for entertainment. It would be wonderful to believe that someone could see into the future and tell us what's going to happen, we would be prepared for everything. (But that would get boring, wouldn't it?) But I just don't believe that to be true. I do, however believe in Christ and in his own words:

Matthew 24:42-44, TLB. "So be prepared, for you don't know what day your Lord is coming. Just as a man can prevent trouble from thieves by keeping watch for them, so you can avoid trouble by always being ready for My unannounced return."

I Thessalonians 5:2-3, NIV. "For you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, ‘Peace and safety,' destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape."

Mathew 24:36 "but of that day and hour, no one knows, no, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only."

So all of this hoopla doesn't bother me at all. Whatever hapens will be, there's no getting out of this alive. I think if you live a good life, behave yourself, and treat others with respect and love, you'll be just fine!

Mathew 24:13 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved."

I figure I just have to stick out and see how it all ends. So, I'll just be hangin' out here listening to "Ripple" and try to take only memories and leave only footprints.:-6

"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
Ted

Post by Ted »

ChesireCat:-6

The prophets were speaking about their own era and not about some time in the distant future. Anderson makes this very clear in his book "Understanding the Old Testament". Dom Crossan also made the same point in a course I took from him recently at the Vancouver School of Theology.

John or whomever wrote "Revelation" was actually writting to the seven churches in his time and about his time, namely the Roman Empire.

Shalom

charles_r51

Post by charles_r51 »

i don't disagree with the premise of the churches, nor that th roman empire was the one it was referring to. i do, however, think that he could not describe it in terms that it was in response to a future government. it does appear that is the case since many of thedescriptions being very pertinent to events beginning in 1985. for example the dragon. rather than it being the accepted china as so many believe, what if it referred to the people of the region in the mideast who had risen up against the israeli occupation of gaza and the other palestinian areas under dispute? could it be that the woman who ran from the beast which desired to devour her child was a reference to the withdrawal of us military forces and the possible peace deal that could have occurredas a result of diplamtic efforts of the us and israel with the palestinians, but haven't come about due to outside interference from some shaowy group or individual? could it be that someone was given power and authority in order to foment trouble and prevent a peacful resolution? all have been foretold, but can additional efforts be designed to provoke the poulation and thus prevent a peace agreement from being reached? it appears that everything going on in the middle east is cold , calculated, and designed to foment discord. a single, wealthy and politically astute individual could be making a power playdesigned to gain him great influence in the entire region. from money comes power, from power, more control over events. is this the ultimate power play? only time will tell. but how much time before it comes to full fruition?:-4 :-4 :-4 :-5
Ted

Post by Ted »

Charles:-6

Some of what you are saying could in fact be true. But middle of the road scholarship is in general agreed that it has absolutely nothing to do with "Revelation". The end times have been predicted since before the time of Jesus with people seeing all of the pertinent signs. You may find the following site interesting.

http://www.sullivan-county.com/nf0/y2k/bible_ca.htm

220 Dates for the End of the world!!! Date Setters!

According to Anderson in his book "Understanding the Old Testament" the prophets were talking to their people in their time and not about some time in the distant fujture. This is supported by many scholars including Borg, Crossan, Spong etc.

Shalom

charles_r51

Post by charles_r51 »

the prophets were indeed speaking to those in their own time. but what is the purpose and intent if no one understands them. there cannot be a simple explanation for it. revelation is full of symbolism but who can interpret it if no one can realize the intent and pupose. and if one wants to interpret it, what better way than to understand how to interpret genesis? it also is full of symbolism. if one can understand the intent and pupose of that symbolism, one can understand the symbolism of revelation. it always revolves around the region where it comes from- the middle east- and does not reflect anything other than the struggle between brothers. and that is the whole thing about the book that so many fear coming, and have so often tried to claim as some future time. all it ever was, and always will be, is a description of the ongoing battle between two brothers who both wind up founders of great nations, and peoples. it can never be ended unless and until the brothers are once more in their fathers house (idont mean god) but in the same house as the first brothers were, the house of Abraham. it was the mother's differences that created the rift. only the mothers can heal it. identify the mothers and revelation will be fulfilled.:-4 :-4 :-4 :-4
Ted

Post by Ted »

I've studied under several scholars and that is one I've never heard and certainly for me makes no sense.

It is not as easy as you make it out to be. To understand the Bible one needs to understand the many facets of the era in which it was written including the style of writing used: history, culture, language, thought processes, fund of knowledge, conceptualization ability, their extant belief systems of the day. In addition one must understand the biblical use of metaphor and the ancient style of writing and interpretation called midrash.

Without the above one is flying blind.

Marcus Borg's book "Reading the Bible Again for the First Time" can be helpful as well as the works of Dominic Crossan and a good commentary such as the "One Volume Commentary. Having just finished a course with Dom Crossan who is a recognized scholar in ancient Biblical history and the world's premier Jesus scholar I have in my mind quite fresh his comments on "Revelation" which are the same as Borg's and John Spong's. I have most certainly learned how important it is to understand ancient Rome is one is to understand either Jesus or Paul.

Shalom

charles_r51

Post by charles_r51 »

and that is the problem. scholars seek something deep rather simple. remember, each book was written to simple people, by simple people, and could be understood only by simple peolple. abraham's wife was not able to carry a child so she had the handmaiden do so. but the handmaiden was proud and made herself more important than the wife. when the wife bore the child she was promised, the handmaiden and her child were sent away, to live or die in the desert. abraham may have given the order, but his wife made it happen. hencethe two brothers, one to become israel, the other to become the twelve tribes of the desert. any attempt rto claim that any group other than these two are the real cause of strife leaves far to much unresolved between the brothers. remember, the twelve tribes of each was promised something. but only the twelve tribes of the desert were to be hated and against all other men. since this split occurs in genesis, it makes sense that it would be resolved in revelation. everything in between is descriptive of the struggle between the two. those who try to interpret anything based on anything but the most simple level gets lost in the struggle.:-4 :-4 :-4 :-4
Ted

Post by Ted »

Yes they were primitive people with a very primitive language but simpltons they were not.

One cannot just pick up the Bible and start reading it and from that understand what the ancient writers were getting at. The list of factors I gave above are most important. Midrash and metaphor are of vital importance in understanding the Bible to say nothing of the other factors.

If you wish to continue on the line of "the brothers" by all means go for it but it is not recognized as valid in many Christian circles.

Shalom

charles_r51

Post by charles_r51 »

you are correct in that the people of the region were not "simpltons" but they were simple. their most important matters were food, health, family, and care of their flocks. anything not centered on these was secondary in most of what they did. their traditions, dealings with others, religion and travels were centered on the aforementioned. anything beyond what would immediately affect them wasn't considered until it was absolutely necessary. when the two social groups which the brothers founded developed their own distinct culture, israelite and arabs, they were constantly at odds with each other. what they were not was willing to accept each other as family, which they were. nothing in the last 4000 or so years in between has changed that. rather in has been continuously stressed that each is first son, and little can be accomplished with such an attitude. when the two groups finally accept each other as nothing more, and nothing less, than two brothers kept apart by their own intransigence, ignorance, and outrite stupidity, then, and only then will strife end. it won't be long and that will occur, but how long it will take, who knows? maybe what is happening in the region will lead to it. peace be upon you always. p.s. ask a scholar what he thinks about the brothers. it might be interesting.:-4 :-4 :-4 :-4
Ted

Post by Ted »

This whole period of time is in fact pre-history. The stories were carried on for centuries by oral tradition and later on some written works.

"This view of Israel's prehistory may make sense as a confession of faith, but is it a theological construction? Considering the difficulty of this question, it should not be surprising to hear that some scholars are skeptical about the historical reliability of the biblical traditions concerning the pre-Mosaic period. In their view, the scriptural portrayal of the ancestral period is story, but not history in the usual sense of the word." pg 27 "Understanding the Old Testament", B. W Anderson.

In short this part of the Biblical record is basically parable and not history. It gives a reason for the split between the Israelites and the Arabs.

The latest researh in fact shows that there was no massive invasion of Cannan but the Hebrew people were in fact a group of Cannanites and along with those we had a very slow migration of other into the land. J. D. Crossan, Vancouver School of Theology, July 2006. So in that case I have consulted a scholar and in fact far more than one scholar.

Shalom

charles_r51

Post by charles_r51 »

parable or actual history isn't what i am considerig. rather, it is the guidance the words provide. whether or not a particulr view is right or wrong is also not one i am after. only what the idea that the words convey is important to me. i've had enough history, seen enough presentations on meaning, read much about the archeological record. and seen a bunch of hollywood hype to know what is and isn't important for me. whether the tradition, story, implication, or supposition about the record is right or wrong does not matter to me since i seek only what can be thought about the works, and not the words as they may or may not be what the reality of the period may or may not have been. and no. i;m not a biblical scholar, but just a student of knowledge of all kinds, even if what i find may or may not be what others finds for themselves. while my views may be somewhat odd, and even far out in left field, i don't think anyone has to force me to believe as they do. and that is the fun of it all. taking an idea and running away with it, coming up with something someone else does't think is worthy can be futile or rewarding depending on what others may think. beiong told to accept or reject some view is what i expect, but has no place when i decide what something means to me. i've read many bibles, but prefer the kj because it sys something to me thast i like, but the meaning in even one passage at one time has a way of meaning something else the next time i read it. and i don't think many others can say the same, not even a scholar. not that scholars aren't valuable, because they are. and few will ever agree with another as it would defeat the purpose in the field of learning, whether formal or informal. but i still think genesis and revelation are nothing more than the fall and rise of the individual, and not the society as a whole. fist and last and all that. and hope you can accept that, but don't worry, what is going to happen, will happen, what isn't to happen, won't. it is the speculation that is so much fun, not the search. may god be with you.:-4 :-4 :-4 :-4
Ted

Post by Ted »

charles:-6

Except for a few minor points I am in complete agreement with your post. Right on.

Shalom

charles_r51

Post by charles_r51 »

well, at least we have somehting we agree on. are you, by any chance, either a scholar or seminarian? just curious. i live near a seminary school for baptists, and visit the book store for the students. only problem there is much of the reading material is conservative baptist, and if you know about them, most of the reading material reflects the more literal views. i also live not far from a state university and they have little or no commentaries. i'd like some more liberal commentary, even though they may be so far off from my view that i'd be turnede off. do you have similar problems? also, if you are studying to become a scholar, which area, and persuasion, if you don't mind my asking. i'm a ba in political science and look at religion as such. that is, i see how it has been involved with social progress over time and still find myself wondering how people could be led so far away from what i think the individual is capable of. almost as if they prefer to be ignorant, but that's how i view it overall. may be a while before i can answer you, but will be sometime today, i hope. god bless.:-4 :-4 :-4 :-4
Ted

Post by Ted »

A scholar? I could only wish. I am a perpetual student, I think. I was raised in a Fellowship Baptist Church and can only thank God that I smartened up and left.

At one point I was a student minister in the Presbyterian Church of Canada. So my early studies for my undergraduate program included subjects like Biblical history, Hebrew and Greek translation of the Biblical era, interpretation etc.. I also have a post graduate degree in education along with another degree and several professional designations.

For the past 40 years I have done both formal and informal studies in theology. For the past three years I have been taking courses from recognized scholars at the Vancouver school of Theology. I personally know a few scholars and enjoy frequent conversations with them in a very open minded way.

I am a devout member of the Anglican Church of Canada where what skills and knowledge I have are made use of in many ways including sermons and have been commissioned to the eucharistic ministry.

I have relatively easy access to several very good bookstores: Banyon in Vancouver, Vine and Fig in Van, Chapters, Koinonia in Victoria,(which by the way has a web site and you can order over the phone. Another source you might consider is Amazon Books on the net. It has an excellent list of books.

Some of the scholars you might find interesting are; Marcus Borg, Matthew Fox, John Dominic Crossan, Diarmuid O'Murchu, Hans Kung, Douglas Hall, John Spong, Finkelstein & Silberman(archaeology) Michael Ingham, B. W. Anderson, John Drane,

Paul J. Achtemeier & Joel B. Green & M. M. Thompson. I'm sure I could list seveal others. I would also suggest that you find a good "One Volume Commentary".

There are also Bible dictionaries and dictionaries of theology available as well.

For Amazon just type in a name and you will get a great list of what they have available. I have not visited Koinonia on the net because it is only 1 1/2 hrs. drive away so I just go there when I am in Victoria.

I do hope this helps. If I can help any further let me know. I certainly don't mind helping a fellow student.

I recently finished a course on the historical Jesus given by D. Crossan at the Vancouver School of Theology. Wow!

Shalom

Ted

Post by Ted »

There is also a Koinonia in the US

http://www.khouse.ca/i%20personalupdate.htm

Personal Update Subscription

At Amazon type in 'Bart D. Ehrman". He is an excellent scholar and done lots of work on the Bible.

This will help.

Shalom

charles_r51

Post by charles_r51 »

i don't buy things on line, been burned several times. but as a resource for books and authors these sites and authors will be helpful. i have a bookstore where they are willing to order things for me once i know what to order. thanks for the info. in another vein, ever read who's who in the old, and new, testaments. talk about names. as for sermons, had to give one once to get ministerial credentials through a small religious group, but chose not to. i didn't want the label. i don't deny anyone that., but it wasn't what i wanted. besides, as a layman, i don't have to justify my opinions wirth religious dogmas and quotations i don't believe. many can follow in their own way, but i decides not to go with so much hypocrisy that i see in so mmany churches, and in other religions as well. what they say, vs what they tell you to do, is just the opposite of what they themselves do. especially down here in baptist country. while most believe, thye sure forget after sunday sevice is over, and just before they grab a beer. they preach no drinking and get busted for drunk driving. that and all they keep asking for is more money. they even send the offering plate around more than once so they can be sure they can pay the bills, or so they say, when the preacher ain't satisfied with the collection. and of course we have the catholics, methodists, lutherans, mormons, muslims, sihks, confutionists, and various and sundry others within just a few miles from here. and , to top it all, they all have tv shows. all i want is a good movie, and all i find is some televangelist telling me he needs a new plane to fly cuz his last one is over two years old, and has too many miles on it. and would you believe it, he gets it? what a racket they got. beats a lottery any day. don't think i'm against religion, but i see so much hypocrisy that i can really get angry, but that isn't the right attitude so i don't go to church instead. i get enough whenever i go online and answer questions on yahoo, or get into some other discussion groups that i'm left with much tothink about. but one of these days, hypocrisy will fail and the truth will come out for all to see. but don't hold your breath, it'll be a few more years, though not many. the revelation is coming about, only many won't see it unjtil it is nearly finished, and it'll be to late to prevent. fortunately, it won't be as expected, but many will be taken from this world due to conditions which cannot be prevented, even if we wanted to. war won't be the end all, but earth will move anyway. and move, and move and move. each time it will be more violent until the earth changes it's poles and then it will subside. but few will remain to see the final age. they'll have to be born into the earth so death isn't the end so many fear, only a change, and the next life . may god be with you.:-4 :-4 :-4 :-4
Ted

Post by Ted »

One of the things about the Anglican Church is that it has survived for centuries on an open policy that permits a great deal of diversity in liturgy as well and theology. At this point in time I am a member of a congregation that truly relects the kingdom of God. Not only that but we are looking to build a new church and have actually begun the paper work.

Shalom

charles_r51

Post by charles_r51 »

it won't be long and the need for buildings will be as nothing. i may be wrong but isn't anglican the church of england? not that it matters one way another to me, since i was raised attending so many different churches and particular religious affiliations that i can't list them all, mainly necause i can't remember what they were. i have been to catholic, episcopal, methodist, lutheran, baptist, buddhist, shintoist, and probably 8or9 others that i cannot for the life of me remember, that i can trutly say that they all lacked something. whether music, liturgy, sermons, preacher, priest, minister,congregation and even the lack of them, i was always looking for answers they couldn't, and some wouldn't, provide. i finally gave up attending and started my own search for truth. from gaudy buildings to garish people, to great authors, and strange philosophies, i've been hunting and sometimes found something worth having, and much that wasn't worth the effort to sit until it was over. always, though, i seek, find, throw out, and just plain ignore what i don't , won't or can't accept. still the hunt goes on and i still find the little grains that keep me asking for more. i'll be that way until the day i die. mayhap i'll discover that nothing is worth the effort, but unles i can say i've learned something that day, the effort is all i can make. god bless, and hope you get your new building soon. :-4 :-4 :-4 :-4
Ted

Post by Ted »

This is a poem I received from Dom Crossan.

LOVE THE QUESTIONS THEMSELVES

"Be patient towards all

that is unsolved in your heart

. and try to love the questions themselves

like locked rooms

- and like books that are written in a very foreign

tongue. :

Do not now seek the answers,

which cannot be given you

because you would not be able to live them.

And the point is, to live everything.

Live the questions now.,

Perhaps you will. then gradually,

without noticing it,

live along some distant day into the. answer[s]."

Letter Four, from Worpswede, near Bremen,

July 16th, 1903:

Rainer Maria Rilke [1875-192C], Letters to a Young

Poet (Translation by M. D. Herter Norton:: Rev. Ed.

New York

Shalom

charles_r51

Post by charles_r51 »

very nice poem, though i'm not really into poetry. thanks.:-4 :-4 :-4 :-4
Ted

Post by Ted »

If I have a head ache and a few doses of aspirin don't seem to help then I try something different.

Geordie Bush seems to have a very large headache but all he seems to do is try larger doses of "aspirin" rather than going to something else. ????

Perhaps it is a lack of creative thinking?

Shalom

charles_r51

Post by charles_r51 »

Ted;538967 wrote: If I have a head ache and a few doses of aspirin don't seem to help then I try something different.

Geordie Bush seems to have a very large headache but all he seems to do is try larger doses of "aspirin" rather than going to something else. ????

Perhaps it is a lack of creative thinking?

Shalom

it's not a lack of creative thinking. creative thinking requires some degree of thinking of some kind. his lack of any such ability called thinking is his biggest problem.

he could take all kinds of medications, but they haven't created a medication that facilitates thinking. until they do, he'll just keep going in the same direction he has been going-nowhere!:lips: :-5
BTS

Post by BTS »

CVX;88376 wrote: Are two big cities going to be taken out by "terrorists" this Fall? According to an early vision received in 1954 by A.A. Allen, USA is going to destroyed in three stages: By terror (the 9/11), by pestilence (coming this Fall to NY, Los Angeles), and by destruction (a nuclear attack in 2006 or 2007); as stated in Psalm 91: 5-6 "You will not be afraid of the TERROR by night, of the PESTILENCE that stalks in darkness, or of the DESTRUCTION that lays waste at noon."

Just thought I would respond to the ORIGINAL post..........

Lest u forgot?

My question is........ How much of this SPEIL came to fruition????

100%?

50%?

10%?

Or 0%...........
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Ted

Post by Ted »

BTS:-6

The biblical prophets were not talking about some time in the distant future. They were speaking of their immediate situation or the very near future. The Bible says nothing about our day and age. Anderson, Borg, Crossan etc.

What the Bible does give us is the wisdom of the ages which ought not to be ignored.

Shalom

charles_r51

Post by charles_r51 »

regardless f what "modern day proghets" claim, puting dates and times in a prophecy serves no purpose but to show the ignorance of the prophets purpose. any prophet who tries to place a date or a time as something to be fulfil;led as they claim is error-prone. no true prophet gives any specific date, only a series of events which will occur to fulfill the prophecy. the prophet is also given specific events which will occur as proof of the truth of the prophecy. anything less is erroneous. the word of the lord is always accurate, but the words of a prophet who is not speaking in his name are not. they fail to occur bvecause they are being interpreted , not by the lord, but by the one who claims to speak in his name.:lips: :-5 :guitarist

Return to “Prophecies and Prophets”