9/11 Victims and Survivors Act

spot

Post by spot »

Press Release | Press | News | U.S. Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky

I thought we might like a thread into which we can eventually discuss the final 28 pages of the 9/11 Congressional Inquiry, once they enter the public domain.

Or, while we're waiting, we could speculate.

Either way, I'll drop it in here when it happens. It's thirteen years since it was written and it's one of a number of elephants in the room when it comes to US foreign policy, and ISIS, and such.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Oh dear, stand by for more conspiracy theorists ! Actually it could be an interesting read, when it comes out.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
spot

Post by spot »

I can't imagine why you use the words conspiracy or theorists. The 9/11 Congressional Inquiry is a committee publication of the United States Government; the 28 page section, which was withheld when the document was first published, details the intelligence from the time relating to which countries paid the hijackers and provided them with assistance before the hijackings. Why is the requested information conspiracist? And in what way is a factual account of the secret intelligence "theory"?

Some people just use the words conspiracy and theory as tar-brushes.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

To expect the Conspiracy Theorists does not mean you believe in them. I have absolutely no doubt it will add more fuel to the already rife theories about it all having been planned by the CIA as a major propaganda scheme in order to fire up the population into supporting the invasion of Iraq. Bearing this in mind, do you really think that any withholding of documents, for any reason, will pass by the Conspiracy Theorists. Of course it'll give rise to them. They'll thrive on it. It would be really weird if it didn't.
spot

Post by spot »

FourPart;1482317 wrote: To expect the Conspiracy Theorists does not mean you believe in them. I have absolutely no doubt it will add more fuel to the already rife theories about it all having been planned by the CIA as a major propaganda scheme in order to fire up the population into supporting the invasion of Iraq. Bearing this in mind, do you really think that any withholding of documents, for any reason, will pass by the Conspiracy Theorists. Of course it'll give rise to them. They'll thrive on it. It would be really weird if it didn't.We are discussing the proposed publication of the withheld section of the report. If it does indeed say that the intelligence service of a major US ally provided the hijackers with their resources then yes, it may well add fuel, but it will be real as opposed to imagined fuel for all that.

What it won't show is US agency complicity as opposed to incompetence. The only thing which will eventually do that is a whistleblower with authentic documentation. It needn't be a US whistleblower.

As to "already rife theories about it all having been planned by the CIA" I haven't the slightest doubt that the events were planned and coordinated by a US agency but I can't for the life of me see why anyone would think it was the CIA. If you accuse the wrong outfit for the action, you'll get honest denials in return. There will have been a team, with legal authority to demand assistance from other agencies, but it would have been extremely silly to have given it a label.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

FourPart, that was precisely what I meant. At the least it will stir up memories of previous arguments about conspiracy and so encourage those participants to repeat their written thoughts. IMO.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, it was a conspiracy.

I mean those guys didn't just all randomly meet up on the airplanes and decide on a whim to hijack them and fly them into buildings.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “International Politics”