lets play king 'AUTHOR'

Raven

lets play king 'AUTHOR'

Post by Raven »

Everyone is welcome to join the story!:-6

PRELUDE: A.D. 580

The castle walls shone pale under the full moon. The movement in the garden was barely perceptable. The womans face was etched with tension under her hooded cloak as she ran through the thick trees, looking over her shoulder from time to time. The shadowy figure followed her stealthily.

The woman paused as she came to a small clearing. Looking around on the ground, she kneeled down by the base of an ancient oak. Picking through the underbrush, she picked something up from the ground.

As she stood, she saw him. "Why have you followed me here?" she hissed.

The male voice replied, "Why Lady Aislinn, to catch you in your witchery, of course."

"Guards! Take her to the hall!" He commanded the men, who stepped out into the clearing.

Knowing what her fate would be, she spat in the mans face as her hands were being bound by the coarse ropes.

The man laughed in a low evil chuckle.

Chapter one

I awoke startled, sitting straight up in bed, with the sounds of a womans tortured screams ringing in my ears. Looking at my watch, I saw it was 2:10 am.

Peering out of the tent, I looked around the ruins.

The mist was lying heavy upon the ground, making it difficult to see clearly. A sound catches my attention.

" Heya Rave!" A very mischevious Minks cries, spooking me.

"Dammit Minks! You scared me to death!"

Minks chuckled. Turning serious, she states "Went for a little stroll, couldnt sleep for some reason."

I told her about my nightmare. "Again? You've been having that same same dream for weeks now." she replied, looking bemused.

"This time it was more vivid and real. Almost like I was there, watching." I told her.

For years actually. Though I didnt tell her that. We were just two mates having a holiday, camping around old ruins and such, kind of a last hurrah of the summer. It was the first of September, and already autumn was in the air. I hear it's like that around this part of Wales.

But ever since we found that pendant, things have been really getting eerie.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
lady cop

lets play king 'AUTHOR'

Post by lady cop »

it was midnight, a foggy damp chill lingered in the shadows of eerie trees, Lady Aislinn was virtually floating in the moonlight...ethereal and weightless. she stopped at one particular tree, it's shape was twisted, deformed, it shrieked silently to her. she removed the pendant from her neck, and hung it in the highest branch, then disappeared into the mist. the moon was instantly obscured by a horseman riding the clouds on a caprisoned and mighty steed.

Attached files
pink princess

lets play king 'AUTHOR'

Post by pink princess »

( i feel stupid for asking but are we in present day or past?)
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
chonsigirl

lets play king 'AUTHOR'

Post by chonsigirl »

The massive hooves of the stead slowed down, as the knight was seen from a-FAR...................................
Raven

lets play king 'AUTHOR'

Post by Raven »

As the sounds of hoofbeats receded, Raven shook her head as if she was in a fog.

"This is really strange" she half mumbled to herself. Minks looked at her with concern. "You alright?" she asked.

"I'm not sure. I think I just had a vision!" Raven said with some suprise. Going on to explain what she had just seen, Minks began to ponder the tale.

"Maybe we should investigate the history of the place." She suggested.

"Do you believe in ghosts?" Raven queried.

"Yeah.......I guess so." Minks said really slowly. "Why?"

"Do you think they can speak through objects?" Raven asked.

They both looked at the pendant in Ravens hand.
Raven

lets play king 'AUTHOR'

Post by Raven »

Aislinn knew. As she sat in the dank dungeon, she knew. Trying to remember what her grandfather had warned her of, the saxons. They had been pillaging from her fathers thaindom for years. Her grandfather, had been the high druid. He had warned about these dangers and what evil they would bring. Looking down at the pendant he had given her as a child, she remembered something he had said at the time. "This will bring you peace and ease your torment as one from your line, will avenge you."

"Oh Alain!" she murmered as she wept silently. "Please come, before it's too late."

"Alain?" A startled Raven asks out loud. Minks frowns as she shakes her head. "You've gone barking, Rave my ol' friend."

Raven was now becoming convinced that her dreams were connected to this place. As she looked up into the ruins of the massive fortress castle, she whispered a name. "Aislinn."

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”