Great Quote.

jones jones

Great Quote.

Post by jones jones »

"Never love a wild thing… You can’t give your heart to a wild thing: the more you do, the stronger they get. Until they’re strong enough to run into the woods. Or fly into a tree. Then a taller tree. Then the sky. That’s how you’ll end up… If you let yourself love a wild thing. You’ll end up looking at the sky."

— Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany’s
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Great Quote.

Post by jones jones »

"The Greek word for “return" is nostos. Algos means “suffering." So nostalgia is the suffering caused by an unappeased yearning to return."

— Milan Kundera, Ignorance
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Great Quote.

Post by jones jones »

"Do you think I’ve gone round the bend?"

“I’m afraid so… You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret … all the best people are."

— T.T. Sutherland, Alice in Wonderland: Tim Burton’s Novelization
Lady J

Great Quote.

Post by Lady J »

Good choices!!
Bryn Mawr

Great Quote.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

jones jones;1431153 wrote: "Never love a wild thing� You can�t give your heart to a wild thing: the more you do, the stronger they get. Until they�re strong enough to run into the woods. Or fly into a tree. Then a taller tree. Then the sky. That�s how you�ll end up� If you let yourself love a wild thing. You�ll end up looking at the sky."

� Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany�s

Brian Bedford said the same think in "Wings" :-

Why do people cage the things they love the most? Is it simply that they fear to be alone? If you give you're love her freedom, she will stay awhile If she leaves you, she was never yours to own
jones jones

Great Quote.

Post by jones jones »

You're right Bryn ... the quotes are very similar.

Personally I'm a great believer in the old adage; "There is nothing new under the sun" ... or words to that effect.

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”