A Book Named Boris.

jones jones

A Book Named Boris.

Post by jones jones »

Being a writer I am continually searching and researching, looking for information and images that may be of use to me in my work. My brain seems to continue research of its own even when I am asleep and I often wake up with words & sentences & other stuff tumbling about my mind like my clothes do in the dryer. Take the other morning for instance. I awoke at six with the following on my lips:

"It was a war no one wanted to declare. It was a battle no one wanted to fight. Father against son; brother against brother. The dead were fortunate and did not return, did not have to look into the sad accusing eyes of a mother whose son you may have killed, the wife whose father, perhaps your father, you may have killed. And soon the drum and the fife sounded not to announce the return of the unfortunate, but over the many graves being filled it with tear soaked earth."

At this stage I have no idea what it means but I may one day write a story about it. I have a foolscap notebook beside my bed, one on my desk beside my computer and one on my desk at the office. I make notes in these notebooks. I mean that's why they're called notebooks ... right?

So when I have a question that needs an answer or when I think of something that may work in a story or when I wake up with something like I did, it goes into BORIS.

Cos Boris is the name I give ALL my notebooks. Why?

Well BORIS stands for ... "Book of Really Interesting Stuff!"
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Lady J

A Book Named Boris.

Post by Lady J »

A treasure of thoughts....waiting to be explored.
uggsukshop15

A Book Named Boris.

Post by uggsukshop15 »

jones jones

A Book Named Boris.

Post by jones jones »

Wow! You sound just like I do on the morning after!!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”