The Package

Lady J

The Package

Post by Lady J »

The person did not even step foot on the front porch before Zeus started barking. I knew someone was at the door and thru the sidelight I saw the UPS truck turn and head up the street. I wasn’t expecting a package and was quite curious as I carried the large box into the kitchen. The delivery label told me it was from Signals, an on-line gift catalog; but the odd thing was it was sold to me and shipped to me. Funny, I did not order anything from them. I sat the box on the table to examine it closer. I placed my glasses on and the hair stood up on the back of my neck and arms. It was addressed to my FULL name. Very few know my full name….like if I was named Sue Ellen and I only went by Ellen for a gazillion years and a hand full of people knew me as Sue Ellen….well the mystery box was sold and shipped to Sue Ellen. I picked it up and shook it; some rattle but not much. What is in this box?

Armed with a kitchen knife and Zeus by my side as curious as me, I opened the box. Lots and lots of brown crinkled paper and below it were 8 individual boxes. I searched for a packing slip in hope of a senders name. In the box labeled ‘Information about your order’ was “Your order was paid by personal check.” Damn! Who sent this to me? I hurried upstairs and dug out my check book and no I did not write a check to Signals. I went on line to my bank and there were no charges to Signal. More puzzled then ever I reviewed the packing slip again. This order was for $131.94 US$ and there was a book included. I rustled thru the packing paper. The book ~ “The Scared Sisterhood of Wonderful Wacky Women” by Suzy Toronto and the gift was eight Stoneware mugs…. printed inside with "Kindred Spirits…Forever Friends."

view link

The book has illustration of women all without faces so they can adapt to be a part of your life.

The Chapters:

They Who Are You Best Friend

She Who Is a Mother

She Who Is a Wonder of a Woman

She Who Has a Great Attitude

She Who Loves the Beach

She Who Stands for Something

She Who I Lean On

They Who Are Sisters

She Who Grows Stuff

She Who Gives of Herself

She Who Seeks a Better Way

She Who Has Arrived

With each chapter there is a poem and then a real life experience and recipes, which were unexpected; like Cathy’s famous carrot cake.

All said and done I got on the phone and internet and started asking those I know knew my full name and address so I could thank this person for this wonderful, thoughtful gift. There were no takers. Puzzled? Yes, very much so. Who?

So since it is the time of giving and I have no need of eight mugs of kindred spirits I wrapped up seven of them and offered them to my seven closest female friends. Perhaps that is what was meant to be…..

Merry Christmas to all ~ even the Wonderful Wacky Women of the World.

Did you send this gift to ME??
tabby

The Package

Post by tabby »

Did you ever find out who sent the gift to you, Lady J?
tabby

The Package

Post by tabby »

I just realized this was posted in the Poetry & Writing Forum ... so was it a story or real?

Omg ... another proud moment!! :yh_blush

If it's a story, can we assume it's a good one since I thought it was real? Or does it just mean I'm flaky??
Lady J

The Package

Post by Lady J »

Tabby...You are not flaky! It is a real life experience. And no I have not found out who sent this gift to me. Wish I had...as I have a mug in reserve for them.

Here is a link to some of the poems and illustrations that Suzy Toronto does all respecting and honoring women who have entered into not only her life but ours....

Suzy Toronto dot Com - Wonderful Wacky Women

You can enlarge the poems by clicking on them...perhaps some of you will find them worth passing on. All copywriter and ready to go. Enjoy!

always,

Lady J
tabby

The Package

Post by tabby »

Thank you for clearing that up for me, Lady J! Love the very colorful & eclectic artwork with positive messages ... you can't go wrong with that! I hope you eventually find out who sent the gift to you ... someone with a sense of humor & mischief!

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”