This is gonna sound crazy BUT.......

Lady J

Post by Lady J »

This past Friday my garage door opener stopped working leaving me trapped till one of my neighbors came home to help me lift the door. It is a single 16' x 8' door. Then Saturday afternoon it worked just long enuf to lure my car back into the garage, and then it didn't work again Saturday nite; so back to my neighbor I went. On Sunday no matter how many times I pushed the button the motor only made a buzzing sound. I beat on it with a broom stick, climbed up on the ladder and checked all the connections, unplugged it and replugged it. Nothing. I left my car parked out in the drive. Every time I pass the door to the garage I would open it and reach in and hit the button with only a buzzing response. Yesterday I called and got three estimates to replace the opener. I settled on one and purchased it with installation on Thursday. Upon arriving home I placed the red, black and white box that boldly reads 'Craftsman' on the side in the garage. I went to hit the button one more time and then watched in astonishment as the connector traveled down the rod and chain, clicked in the mounting arm for the door and then retracted the door open. What the f**k! I hit the button again and it closed, again and it opened; I did this for 12 full cycles of up and down with it working like a charm each and every time. I looked over at the new 'Craftsman' opener sitting snug in it's box and up at the old and worn 'Craftsman' hanging in my garage and thought.................nah! Can't be! These are objects so how could the old tell it was going to be replaced, or could it?:confused:

I left my car in the drive again tonight just to be sure and reckon I'll wait to see what day light brings. I'll report back with the update on the "live" garage door opener then.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Okay now here's what you do next time. Release the brake on your automobile and put it in neutral. Then lift the garage door with your right hand and hook your left foot under the bumper. Slowly pull it out the garage then close the door.

Oh course you will have to spend a bit more time in the gym and less in the dog park!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

ummmm I don't see any crazy stuff here except for yourself .
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1373000 wrote: ummmm I don't see any crazy stuff here except for yourself . Now now Fuzz whizz, this Is clearly the work of the garage poltergeist phenomenon.

Local Sheriffs are Inundated with calls of these ghostly goings on throughout America. In fact, one elderly man In Long Island was eaten whole when his garage door swallowed him him only leaving his shoe's behind.

I am glad Lady J raised this Issue. The US Government have tried to cover up this paranormal activity for far too long. It's about time the world knew what was happening.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

jones jones;1372999 wrote: Okay now here's what you do next time. Release the brake on your automobile and put it in neutral. Then lift the garage door with your right hand and hook your left foot under the bumper. Slowly pull it out the garage then close the door.

Oh course you will have to spend a bit more time in the gym and less in the dog park!

That is easy for YOU to say! Perhaps I could have a dozen dogs from the Dog Park over to help.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Today is Wednesday and all has been fine with the opener since Monday but this morning the opener performed its job and opened the door and half way thru backing out it began to close the door! Now bear in mind there are sensors at each side so the door will not shut until all is clear; yet it was apparent it was closing down and fast!

I hit the gas peddle and bowled over my trash can! This is such an evil garage door opener....I have become afraid to walk under the door as it may drop down and cut me in half!

So tomorrow the new opener will be installed which still sits snug in my garage...Hmmmm ~ jealously?

This has been a very strange real life event; one to write and share.

I can only hope my appliances do not attack me next! (theme music from Jaws!)
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

oscar;1373020 wrote: Now now Fuzz whizz, this Is clearly the work of the garage poltergeist phenomenon.

Local Sheriffs are Inundated with calls of these ghostly goings on throughout America. In fact, one elderly man In Long Island was eaten whole when his garage door swallowed him him only leaving his shoe's behind.

I am glad Lady J raised this Issue. The US Government have tried to cover up this paranormal activity for far too long. It's about time the world knew what was happening.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Oscar your post made me laugh!!

Thank you!

My story is true and I found out that there is a name for 'these experiences with inanimate objects.' It is Resistentialism. Want to learn more.....?

Resistentialism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And it happens around the globe and is not confined to garage door openers. You probably have had many encounters with it.

And to top it off it was coined by the British humorist Paul Jennings.

so that explains my event and tomorrow the old will be swapped with the new.

I have notice thou that my coffee maker is giving me problems.....sigh ~ endless battle!
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Lady J;1373069 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Oscar your post made me laugh!!

Thank you!

My story is true and I found out that there is a name for 'these experiences with inanimate objects.' It is Resistentialism. Want to learn more.....?

Resistentialism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And it happens around the globe and is not confined to garage door openers. You probably have had many encounters with it.

And to top it off it was coined by the British humorist Paul Jennings.

so that explains my event and tomorrow the old will be swapped with the new.

I have notice thou that my coffee maker is giving me problems.....sigh ~ endless battle! When my Father was dying, we discussed the possibility of an after life. He told me that when he went, he would send me a sign If there was one and this sign would be him rattling my pots and pans. Some weeks after he died, I was sitting watching tv and for absolutely no reason, there was a crash out In the kitchen. Going out there I found all my pots and pans on the floor.... I have never been the same since !!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

You need to get it check as one of the sensors is bad. It won't get better trust me. Also there should be a manual open option on all garage doors in case you don't have any power you can manually open it to get out. If its still under warranty get them out to look at it.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”