⌂ Temple of the Fayth commentary thread. ⌂

Raven

Post by Raven »

Okay, heres the thing. Since noone wanted to play and write with me, I shall do the story in chapter installments. I am working chapter 1 now, and I will post it by Sunday evening. Since I am involving all of you who wish to be in it, you can have your say and comments here. I feel it would interupt the flow of the story to comment in between installments. So all praise, lambasting and suggestions go HERE! (please remember I am NOT a professional writer, and am just having fun):o so be easy on me! xx

Temple of the Fayth
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

I am reading and enjoying it Raven:D:-6

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

jimbo the feedom fighting farmer

is ready to do battle :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Dont you dare marry me off to Oscar. I deserve better than a mere slave girl
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Raven

Post by Raven »

:yh_rotfl you get what you get!
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

First time I've seen this, Raven. I'll go and read up what you've written. It's Sunday here in the land Down Under, and a bit overcast but hot. Think I'm getting the ferry with him indoors and heading for Manly beach. I have this crazy tradition that, on Sunday, it's good to walk by water. Dunno where it comes from, but it works for me. :sneaky:

Six days shall you do all kinds of madly active stuff, climb mountains literally and figuratively - but on the seventh day, it's good to walk by water, sit by water, swim in water, just be.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Raven

Post by Raven »

AussiePam;1255765 wrote: First time I've seen this, Raven. I'll go and read up what you've written. It's Sunday here in the land Down Under, and a bit overcast but hot. Think I'm getting the ferry with him indoors and heading for Manly beach. I have this crazy tradition that, on Sunday, it's good to walk by water. Dunno where it comes from, but it works for me. :sneaky:

Six days shall you do all kinds of madly active stuff, climb mountains literally and figuratively - but on the seventh day, it's good to walk by water, sit by water, swim in water, just be.
Well first chapter is up! Maybe I'll start on the second tomorrow.

Hubby is manfluing on the sofa. Poor fella. :wah:
Raven

Post by Raven »

farmer giles;1255709 wrote: jimbo the feedom fighting farmer

is ready to do battle :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Hope you enjoy! You are chief torturer and executioner. :wah:
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

A brill start - can't wai for the next instalment :-6
G-man

Post by G-man »

Raven;1255679 wrote: Okay, heres the thing. Since noone wanted to play and write with me, I shall do the story in chapter installments. I am working chapter 1 now, and I will post it by Sunday evening. Since I am involving all of you who wish to be in it, you can have your say and comments here. I feel it would interupt the flow of the story to comment in between installments. So all praise, lambasting and suggestions go HERE! (please remember I am NOT a professional writer, and am just having fun):o so be easy on me! xx

It's not that some of us didn't want to play, as some of us were too busy or didn't know about it. :p I may try and get involved with writing on here more, but at the moment, I'm spending most of my time writing what will hopefully be my first published novel... in fact, my first completed novel. :wah:

______ I would love to get involved by starting a community story and already have an idea for that and I'll start that when I have a free minute or two to sit down and type something out. It will be a lot of fun and I'd love for you and the rest of you to get involved in that silliness. :D

______ Anyway, I'm not a professional writer either, but I've managed to have a thing or two published over the years... I'm still learning how to write fiction, however and I could certainly use the practice. It's really nice to see some folks getting creative on here!

Temple of the Fayth

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Raven

Post by Raven »

I love writing with people! Its fun and it gives the creative muse a nudge when she needs it! It's very interesting to see how people feed off and inspire one another to creative heights!
Raven

Post by Raven »

Bryn Mawr;1256770 wrote: A brill start - can't wai for the next instalment :-6
It's being worked on as I speak! Should be delivered by Sunday!
Raven

Post by Raven »

Taster is posted! Enjoy! xx

The rest of chapter 2 is cooking. It will be up shortly, then I have to do my HOMEWORK!
G-man

Post by G-man »

Stop the presses!!! Sammy Terry??? Are you a Hoosier, Raven? :D

ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Excellent!! Wonderful casting too. I am certainly a healer. Good work and very entertaining. :)
Raven

Post by Raven »

G-man;1257663 wrote: Stop the presses!!! Sammy Terry??? Are you a Hoosier, Raven? :D
:yh_rotfl I cant believe someone actually GOT that! Okay...I confess...Indiana Hoosier at your service, suh! Although the anglicising of the Raven is almost complete. :yh_tong2
Raven

Post by Raven »

Zapata;1257684 wrote: Excellent!! Wonderful casting too. I am certainly a healer. Good work and very entertaining. :)
It's about to get more involved. Kind of writing itself now. :lips:
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Raven;1257162 wrote: I love writing with people! Its fun and it gives the creative muse a nudge when she needs it! It's very interesting to see how people feed off and inspire one another to creative heights!

Ya got that right, Kiddo! What a 'novel' idea. :)
G-man

Post by G-man »

Raven;1257719 wrote: :yh_rotfl I cant believe someone actually GOT that! Okay...I confess...Indiana Hoosier at your service, suh! Although the anglicising of the Raven is almost complete. :yh_tong2

In dead of night

When the moon is high

And the ill winds blow

And the banshees cry

And the moonlight casts an unearthly glow

Arise, my love, with tales of woe!

Sammy Terry Youtube

I got it. I used to watch that show every week with my Mum and even met him a few times, along with Ghost Girl, Ghoulsby and George the spider. Only a few months back on FB, we were discussing him. I also lived in England for awhile. Never quite became fully anglicized, though. This wildman just can't be tamed. :p

Anyway... it's a small world! :D

Raven

Post by Raven »

G-man;1257860 wrote: In dead of night

When the moon is high

And the ill winds blow

And the banshees cry

And the moonlight casts an unearthly glow

Arise, my love, with tales of woe!

Sammy Terry Youtube

I got it. I used to watch that show every week with my Mum and even met him a few times, along with Ghost Girl, Ghoulsby and George the spider. Only a few months back on FB, we were discussing him. I also lived in England for awhile. Never quite became fully anglicized, though. This wildman just can't be tamed. :p

Anyway... it's a small world! :D
That was brilliant! It brought back so many yummy memories! You know, I never saw him without his makeup. And cowboy Bob for cryin out loud! Next it will be Popeye and Janie!:yh_rotfl

My mom turned me onto Sammy when I was 5. We watched Black Sunday. Not the one with the stadium and blimp, but the old black and white witch flick. I still love that film. We watched him on Friday nights and Science Fiction Theatre on Saturdays.:-6
G-man

Post by G-man »

Raven;1258075 wrote: That was brilliant! It brought back so many yummy memories! You know, I never saw him without his makeup. And cowboy Bob for cryin out loud! Next it will be Popeye and Janie!:yh_rotfl

My mom turned me onto Sammy when I was 5. We watched Black Sunday. Not the one with the stadium and blimp, but the old black and white witch flick. I still love that film. We watched him on Friday nights and Science Fiction Theatre on Saturdays.:-6

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl The first time that I met him in person was when my mother took me to work once and introduced me to him... I would've been around four or five back then, too. I'd only seen him in black and white prior to that and had no idea that he was green! :D After that, green was my new favorite color! :wah: Sometimes she would let me stay up all night until dawn watching him.

OMG... Janie playing her ukelele... I remember coming home from school and watching her. :p Whatever happened to good, quality programming like that? :D

Black Sunday was a brilliant film! Barbara Steele was the queen of horror, back then. Still one of my all-time faves. It was a bit gruesome for back then, too!

"You will never escape my vengeance, or of Satan's! My revenge will seek you out, and with the blood of your sons, and of their sons, and their sons, I will continue to live forever! They will restore me to life you now rob from me!!! "

Now I need to see if they've got it on DVD... maybe even blue ray... that would be amazing to see on a big flat screen!

Raven

Post by Raven »

G-man;1258533 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl The first time that I met him in person was when my mother took me to work once and introduced me to him... I would've been around four or five back then, too. I'd only seen him in black and white prior to that and had no idea that he was green! :D After that, green was my new favorite color! :wah: Sometimes she would let me stay up all night until dawn watching him.

OMG... Janie playing her ukelele... I remember coming home from school and watching her. :p Whatever happened to good, quality programming like that? :D

Black Sunday was a brilliant film! Barbara Steele was the queen of horror, back then. Still one of my all-time faves. It was a bit gruesome for back then, too!

Now I need to see if they've got it on DVD... maybe even blue ray... that would be amazing to see on a big flat screen!
You know I am sure you can actually. It was on video tape, so it must be on dvd by now.

And yeah, totally gruesome! Mom covered my eyes when the fireplace scene came on. hehehe But the mask bashing is what got me then! I absolutely love that film.

They just dont make them like that anymore!:yh_rotfl
Raven

Post by Raven »

By the way folks...next installment is on the way!
G-man

Post by G-man »

Raven;1259165 wrote: You know I am sure you can actually. It was on video tape, so it must be on dvd by now.

And yeah, totally gruesome! Mom covered my eyes when the fireplace scene came on. hehehe But the mask bashing is what got me then! I absolutely love that film.

They just dont make them like that anymore!:yh_rotfl

You can. I just bought a copy on Amazon... they love me with all the money I've spent on there in the past month! :wah: I also stocked up on more DVD's (as if I didn't have enough, already!). That film is a work of art! The mask bashing scene is probably what got the film banned in the UK, I'd guess? They certainly don't make 'em like they used to! I also picked up a few fairly recent Korean horror films, that have received a lot of aclaim. I'll have to let you know how they go. I've actually seen hundreds of movies in the past month that I could write a quick review of in the popcorn thread. :p

G-man

Post by G-man »

Raven;1259168 wrote: By the way folks...next installment is on the way!

Woo-hoo!!! :D

Raven

Post by Raven »

G-man;1259230 wrote: Woo-hoo!!! :D
The taster is posted. The rest of the chapter will up tomorrow.:p
Raven

Post by Raven »

Chapter 3 is ready for you to peruse and enjoy. :-6
Raven

Post by Raven »

Chapter 4 Apolliyons Honour, will be ready for Sunday.:)
G-man

Post by G-man »

Much better! Even if the story is writing itself now! :wah: The latest installments read much faster. Well done. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for what happens next! :D

Btw, I just realised that this story all began on my birthday... weird coincidence? Maybe it's just me... :p

I've got a bad feeling that things are about to grow worse for our characters... and worse yet before it gets any better. :D

Raven

Post by Raven »

G-man;1260869 wrote: Much better! Even if the story is writing itself now! :wah: The latest installments read much faster. Well done. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for what happens next! :D

Btw, I just realised that this story all began on my birthday... weird coincidence? Maybe it's just me... :p

I've got a bad feeling that things are about to grow worse for our characters... and worse yet before it gets any better. :D
It's going to surprise you , I think. Twists and turns, but eventually we'll get there. NO SPOILERS! :yh_silent
G-man

Post by G-man »

Raven;1261125 wrote: It's going to surprise you , I think. Twists and turns, but eventually we'll get there. NO SPOILERS! :yh_silent

...and you know that NOTHING surprises me, so... :D

Oops. :lips:

Raven

Post by Raven »

I'm very sorry for the intermission. It is because I am out doing a placement for nursing that is going to last 3 more weeks. I will resume the tale of mayhem and adventure shortly.

(You can go to the toilet, and purchase refreshments for your wait.):-6

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”