I need a good book to read!

RedSoxFan

Post by RedSoxFan »

skittles2004 wrote: I've read almost all John Grsham's book. But I lost interest on "the Jury" The last good book I read (more like read to me) was Ender's Game and The Anthem. Can someone suggest to me a good book you read or heard of? :)

The Book: BLOW

Based on the movie Blow, with Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz.

The Book: For Love of the Game

Based on the movie For Love of the Game, with Kevin Costner and Kelly Preston.

These two are my favorite. Mainly because they are my 2 favorite movies.
I try to please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow looks bad too.
Lon

Post by Lon »

skittles2004 wrote: I've read almost all John Grsham's book. But I lost interest on "the Jury" The last good book I read (more like read to me) was Ender's Game and The Anthem. Can someone suggest to me a good book you read or heard of? :)
Pick up the "Memoirs of U.S. Grant", it's a great read and all true. Critics claim it's one of the best memoirs ever written.
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

What genre do you want to read?
Lon

Post by Lon »

skittles2004 wrote: Critics claim alot of things. OK---Screw the critiics then. I thought it was a great read, but then, I claim a lot of things too.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

I'm a big fan of Jean M. Auel. She wrote "Clan of the Cave Bear". That was the first in a 5 book series. It's not really in the genre that you read, but a great set anyway. Set in the ice age, when Neanderthals and humans populated the earth at the same time. A great read. The last book is a little disappointing, especially considering I waited 9 years for it, but on the whole, really good.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”