I'll take you there.

KB.

I'll take you there.

Post by KB. »

Domestic? Maybe. I like it.

I like to buy furniture; it doesn’t even bother me that I am in debt for the first time in five or six years. It isn’t much debt. I can pay it off in a few months. I like to cook. I made eggs sunny side up, bacon, and toast for a friend tonight. I’m making lasagna, salad, toasted Italian bread and a Banana walnut cheesecake for her and and another friend tomorrow. There will be a gorgeous little baby crawling around in my living room and kitchen. That makes me smile. Don’t be mad if you weren’t invited. No offense intended; it is a trial run.

Like I said, forget marriage, just keep me occupied.

I figure Tuesday night can become a tradition. There was a time long ago when having dinner at KB’s folk’s house was a tradition. Thanksgiving, Christmas (KB Chrimas mis-spelling intentional), and one during the summer (KB back yardy party). I miss those days. Everything was so much simpler then, even though it seemed so far from it. I’m sure when I hit forty I will say the same thing about right now.

Let me get some more chairs, and some furniture for the outside and we can expand. Dinner and a movie, or just some good music, conversation. Every Tuesday night. Keep me occupied.

That is a lot of sentence fragments.

I’m thinking chili or pot roast next week. Chili is always good, and think about pot roast sammiches piled high. Mashed potatoes, carrots, and maybe apple pie and ice cream for desert. Yum.

I’m glad I’m home, and I’m glad that the thought of settling down for a while doesn’t make my head hurt.

I still need some more furniture; hopefully I pick the bed up tomorrow, and get the mattresses. I still need end tables, a coffee table, book cases, a desk, a night stand and a dresser.

Have any furniture you want to sell? Cool stuff with character? Have some pictures you have taken that would look good in a cheap frame hanging on my walls? The fact that I talked about buying a house in a couple of years does not make me cringe at all. Like Bob Dylan said, Times they are a changin’, never hurts to switch things up every once in awhile.

Hell I believe I even found me a nice bar to go to for lunch on Mondays. I went today and had a crispy chicken sammich with bacon. No chips, but I did leave the tomato on it. It was nice and quiet. Not quiet as in there wasn’t any noise, but quiet as in I felt comfortable. Thanks for that.

Home is a nice thing. A lot of people never get that feeling like they are exactly where they are supposed to be at exactly the right time. This is the first time I have had that feeling in a long time. Years, and years of rambling. Even when I was physically still I always wanted to be moving. No so much right now. I believe it is the first time since I was old enough to wonder what was past the limit of my sight that I have felt content with being right where I was. No where else I want to be. Not even Soulard. That is one hell of an accomplishment.

It's nice to be able to walk around as me.

I’ve got some damn fine friends to thank for that. Most of them new friends. Not even a year old. Thanks. I’ve got some old friends to thank for it as well and thank you too. It’s nice.

Keep me occupied.

KB

Part 2:

What was the highlight of your night?

**Getting baby slobber on my pillow. Everyone knows that baby slobber on your pillow is good luck. I mean baby slobber cures every ailment known to man, seriously. I bet I have good dreams tonight too.

What did you eat last?

**I made lasagna for the first time; I feel like I did a pretty good job. I have had better, but like I said it was my first attempt. We had salad and that Italian bread as well. We won’t discuss the banana cheesecake. It was good actually, but it wasn’t cheesecake.

Who was the last person you danced with?

**It’s been 6 years plus since I danced with anyone. Broke that streak tonight. Eric Clapton came over the stereo singing Blues Power and I just couldn’t help myself, that beautiful baby girl and I danced, just a little bit.

It was a good night. Nice little test run. Chili next week. Good times.

Thanks for keeping me occupied. Thanks for pictures that make me smile. Thanks for the conversation and the comfortable quiet. Thanks for bringing that gorgeous little girl so I could watch her crawl around my apartment blessing everything in sight with baby slobber.

KB

Pictures and music in the next post. Enjoy; I know I did.
Life ain't linear.
KB.

I'll take you there.

Post by KB. »

Lasagna:

Baby slobber on my pillow:

She is just about to get into trouble and she obviously doesn't care:

That sure is a nice couch:

Life ain't linear.
KB.

I'll take you there.

Post by KB. »

two of my favorite women in the world.

The photographer being photographed:

One more because she really is just that cute:

Life ain't linear.
abbey

I'll take you there.

Post by abbey »

Good food, fine song and beautiful girls.

Thanks for taking us there.:-4
weeder

I'll take you there.

Post by weeder »

Very Very Nice.......:-4
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
moonpie

I'll take you there.

Post by moonpie »

Enjoyed your post, the most simplistic things in life are the best.
guppy

I'll take you there.

Post by guppy »

I am glad to see you happy and finding your own..kb..you seem to be at peace now..and i am glad for you...:-6
KB.

I'll take you there.

Post by KB. »

guppy;720264 wrote: I am glad to see you happy and finding your own..kb..you seem to be at peace now..and i am glad for you...:-6

Happy yes, very much so. At peace is a different story; the two are not always connected. Regardless I feel comfortable right now with how things are. It has been a long time since I have felt that way.

I'm sure I'll have more pictures up after next Tuesday.
Life ain't linear.

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”