JD, have another shot of Chivas on me.

KB.

Post by KB. »

I suppose I have a story to tell and I doubt it will be short. That is a dangerous thing to say in the opening sentence, but I feel alright with the assumption. By the way the still isn't part three.

I changed the title just for you JD

I'll be moving again real soon; two weeks from tomorrow. I won't be online for a month or more maybe. I need a little break, some meditation time if you will. So I will tell the story now instead of then.

Never think you have life figured out because as soon as you do it will sneak up behind you and tap dance on your head. With real heavy shoes. This is basically going to be a story about two people, two women that I was blessed to have come into my life. Two women that make the rest of them all look like little girls. It is a story about two women who set the bar so high that the next one better invest in some springs to attach to her shoes if she ever hopes to have a chance. The amazing thing is that besides me and their occupations the only thing they have in common is a love for music and a love for a good story. I tried my best to provide a little something different in both areas.

I don't even know where to begin. I refuse to go back over most of what I have already said. I really don't even have to tell this story to the people that have been faithful in reading my rambling train wrecks. I could reference stories by name or even provide links to them, but why?

I'll just start something fresh.

No names, proper or pet will be mentioned. No separation will be given. No physical description, and believe me I could write for weeks and months on just how they look to me.

I met a woman who has absolutely no hate in her heart for anything other than maybe herself. I met a woman who lives a life so parallel to my own it is scary. I met a woman who sang to me and cried when she saw me after an absence. I met a woman who sang because of me and I cried after not seeing her after an absence. I met a woman who wanted no more children, and I met a woman who I dared try and script the future with and name two then three children. I met a woman who kissed me in the cold and snowy winter and one that kissed me in what was becoming summer. One I kissed only for a day and that was enough to make me, of all people, decide that I had found one to make me never want to kiss another. One I kissed many times that made me want to stop the moment and hit rewind. One was stable; a rock. One fighting things inside that make me wish I had some way to fight for her.

Life will absolutely tap dance all over your tired and aching head. It could give one **** what you want. It, life that is, does exactly what it pleases.

I met a woman that I will see again soon, and a woman who I may not ever see again. That statement could very well apply to either one of them.

I met a woman who loved a man who loved her and she loved him even though he still loved another while loving her all the same. Did you follow that? It is not as simple as it looks in print.

The nearer your destination the more you're slip sliding away. Slip. Slide. Away.

When conversations come up the words used to describe the women and the words used to describe the situations are so far apart you have to pack a lunch to make the connection.

God only knows. God makes his plan. The information unavailable to the mortal man.

Thank you Mr. Simon for helping the story along. I promise I'll give you a break soon.

I met two women who changed a life that had become stagnant. They breathed life back into me in a way that I can never hope to begin to pay back. It was just what I needed even if neither of them thinks they are what I need.

Let me tell you a little something. Meeting one person who amazes you with their heart, soul, mind, and eyes; and then having to leave them behind is enough to make a man find a hole and crawl into it. Meeting two of them in less than a year and having to limp away from them both is enough to make you want to find a shovel and dig your own hole.

They would both kick my ass if I tried to stop doing what I do.

One never answers the phone, never writes back, but I could stop in on a whim and she would be happy to see me. One always, well almost always, writes back, and if I dialed her number right now she would answer the phone. I won't stop into see her though, never on a whim and never with out permission.

Is it really easier to ask forgiveness than permission?

One I want to keep safe and one who wants to keep the other safe, and then she has someone she wants to keep safe…

Forget it. There is no way you could hope to follow along.

Wouldn't you like to wake up and be in my head for a day?

Songs that make flowers grow. Words that make train whistles stop their blow. Take the first sentence and add "stop" and an "ing". Take the second sentence and take the "stop" out.

Do not let clarity masquerading as confusion bog you down. Like Kahlil Gibran said if the path grows thorny and you bleed from it all; it is only the corrupt blood that is drawn forth.

If tap dancing doesn't work life will put on a pair of steel toed boots and stomp. Hard.

One will read this and one probably never will.

These two women are the reason I want to settle down so very much. These two women are why I doubt I ever will. They are why Wonderful Tonight and Unknown Legend will always be my two favorite songs no matter what I put down on some silly ass survey.

These two women are the reason why Ray Lamontagne singing Crazy will always be in my music collection.

They are the reason why when I finally do write my book it will be an epic sized collection, a recollection, of long legs and short, fair hair and dark, blue eyes and brown. Full of songs being sung, words being written, and beautiful salvation made tangible.

They are the reason why I believe in God and the devil. Why I thank God every day and why I wish I could catch the devil quick enough to get my hands around his throat. If he only knew what I am going to do to him when I finally do. If he knew he would get gone for good.

I could have just told you to go to my play list and listen to Ben Harper sing Walk Away. You still can.

You would be blessed to know these two women, I mean really know them. You would never be the same afterwards. I'm not. They both make me smile and I don't smile.

Thank you Sunshine and thank you Muse. You both did my rambling heart good. I love you both for so many different reasons; always will. If I ever say I don't then you can call me a damn liar.

The world is a better place because of you both. I'm a better man.

Notice I did almost everything I said I wasn't going to do.

KB

"I feel wonderful because I see

The love light in your eyes."

~Clapton – "Wonderful Tonight"

"You know it aint easy

You got to hold on"

~Neil Young – Unknown Legend

"I remember when

I remember, when I lost my mind

There was something so pleasant about that face"

~Ray Lamontagne – Crazy

"With so many people to love in my life, why do I worry about one?"

~Ben Harper – Walk Away
Life ain't linear.
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

Yep. Time to start something fresh. New chapters, for better or worse, are always exciting.

I don't care if the water is warm or cold, I just hold my nose and jump right in.

Shifting gears, again. Like grabbing onto a moving train and climbing aboard.

Not knowing or caring where it's going.

I like life like that.

Wouldn't trade it for the world.

I worked today for three hours. We held a small party.

The caterer was a small strawberry blonde in her early 50's.

She invited me out for coffee.

I invited her to a street festival.

Here comes that train. Blowin it's whistle, moving at just the right speed.

Think I'll grab on.

Get this, KB.

Her last name is Mewes.

No lie.

Don't be gone long, friend.
KB.

Post by KB. »

JacksDad;688829 wrote:

Her last name is Mewes.

No lie.

Don't be gone long, friend.

Sir you take that and run with it.

I saw one of them tonight by accident. I felt claustrophobic and I bet she felt worse. Oh well. if I am lucky I'll see another tomorrow. Guess the statement didn't apply to either.
Life ain't linear.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

magenta flame;689007 wrote: I met up with a woman last night . Actually I've met her before, she looked after me when I was in hospital. She's a nurse. Anyway, she wants to meet up with me and have coffee tomorrow afternoon. Her words being " I've met up with you so many times, and want to know you as a friend, rather than our positions."

Am I right to feel frightened about this? No one in the seven years I've been here has wanted to know me as a friend. My life has been .....I don't know ..........like I'm not me, sort of ...........I'm his wife .

For the first time in ages I was given an identity last night. My own.

Go meet your friend and enjoy it! Don't feel frightened! People come into our lives at certain points for a reason. :yh_hugs
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

magenta flame;689015 wrote:

That's why I wanted to get back into the books, my lifes journey is that I help others just like her, to cope. I can't save them . But I can help them on there own journeys through life.

Some stuff just makes ya think sometimes.

I doubt KB. would mind a hijack such as this. :-6

KB.;688974 wrote: Sir you take that and run with it.

I saw one of them tonight by accident. I felt claustrophobic and I bet she felt worse. Oh well. if I am lucky I'll see another tomorrow. Guess the statement didn't apply to either.

Tripped yourself, didn't ya. :sneaky:

You talked about life kicking you in the head with steel toe boots.

Then you tried to put her in a box.

She don't like that much. ;)

Never think you have life figured out because as soon as you do it will sneak up behind you and tap dance on your head. With real heavy shoes.
KB.

Post by KB. »

On my way out to St. Louis; hopefully I'll be gone two or three days this time.
Life ain't linear.
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

Well. c'mere.

You look a mess.

Here. Let me fix that.

There. All better.

You had your heart on your sleeve again.

:D
KB.

Post by KB. »

I don't have anywhere else to wear it; the heart that is.

I had some damn good food yesterday. Brisket, pulled pork, kilbasa, fresh trout and crawdads, home made egg rolls that Mona's mom made. It was fantastic.

I have taken it easy today, the guy I am staying with and I have watched baseball all day and since Joanie's is closed that is all I will probably do. I'll see Ms. Muse tomorrow; I'm a tad bit nervous. I have to get a picture; I want to see what her hair looks like. All day yesterday I heard, "Your girl is at so and so's for their bar b q, you should go over." I didn't of course. She knows I am here and she hasn't called to tell me not to stop by tomorrow. That means I will have seen them both this weekend. One by accident, Jesus was that rough, and one planned coming up. Oh well, there are millions of women left in the world I want to see naked. No sense stumbling around now. Haha.
Life ain't linear.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Go have a good time tomorrow KB and try not to be nervous :-6 actually do be nervous, thats an interesting thing to watch, a man who is nervous as to how the situation is going to turn out, will she talk to me, will she ignore me, will she still be attracted to me, will there still be that chemistry.......

The heart on the sleeve bit? Why shouldn't we wear our hearts on our sleeves, sometimes that would make life a whole lot simpler huh?? :confused:

Maj. did you go and have your coffee? How'd it go? :)
KB.

Post by KB. »

I'm not nervous about chemistry or attraction. There is and she is. That isn't a secret. I'm nervous about if her eyes will be clear or not. I'm not up here to rekindle anything. I just want my picture and to say good bye, good luck, and make sure you are still around when I come back next year.
Life ain't linear.
KB.

Post by KB. »

JD, come get this bloody mess off of my shirt.
Life ain't linear.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

KB.;690098 wrote: JD, come get this bloody mess off of my shirt.

Are you going or have you been?? :-3

Are you going to let us know what happened? :-2:)
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

KB.;690098 wrote: JD, come get this bloody mess off of my shirt.

I tried. You didn't want it off.

You put it their, bro.

They grab on like nasty little fokkers. don't they?

And once you finally get it off, you're sorry that you did.

Real simple to re-apply though.

:D

"Waitress. I'll have another Chivas and bring the writer some sap." :p
KB.

Post by KB. »

She hid in the back the whole time I was there. Hell I don't blame her I would have to probably. I got home real quick though, 3 hours thats a new record.
Life ain't linear.
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

She hid in the back?

And you decided not to pursue?

To leave her be?

To hell with her?

I know you weren't thinking "If she wants to talk to me she'll come."

KB.

Post by KB. »

I gave her the space she was wanting. I know this woman and yes if she had wanted to she would have. It ain't like I was there to woo her back. I'm done. I gave her all I got left to give. I ain't going to put myself through the same **** I did earlier this year and end up back in the hospital with exhaustion again. She has plenty of folks there that will watch out for her, and from conversations over heard this weekend she must be changing because the bad influences were talking about how she isn't as "fun" as she used to be. I called her four times this weekend and never got an answer or a call back. Closed chapter, **** happens, clean it up and roll on. I'll go back next year and if she is still living maybe she'll be ready to talk.

Now I get home and find out my Mom just lost her job of twenty some odd years. Hopefully the money will be good enough in Knoxville to cover the house payment for the folks as well.
Life ain't linear.
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

If you believe that to be truly her then bless you.

It mustn't have been easy to be standing there.

Waitress. Cancel the sap and get him a double.

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”