Memories

Carolly

Memories

Post by Carolly »

I looked at her today

And she was looking sad

Was it because she was remembering

About the good times she had had........

She remembers about meeting The Beatles before they were known

Now she just sits at her window

And it seems nobody ever phones

She had sung before so many

And the stage had been her best friend

Now she just has her memories

Oh why did those years have to end?

She thinks of those loved and lost

And the mistakes along the way

Getting older is no fun

And for her mistakes it seems she now has to pay

I looked at her today

And then I suddenly knew

You should never look in the mirror

As the person you are seeing..............is you.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Pheasy

Memories

Post by Pheasy »

Carolly;624866 wrote: I looked at her today

And she was looking sad

Getting older is no fun

I looked at her today

And then I suddenly knew

:-4 What a very moving poem .... speechless :-4
weinbeck

Memories

Post by weinbeck »

Carolly;624866 wrote: I looked at her today

And she was looking sad

Getting older is no fun

I looked at her today

And then I suddenly knew

Every bit as haunting as yesterday's presentation. Thus said, I'm sure all that mirror needs is a bit of Windolene, and it'll come up sparkling! There are more ways than one to look at life. Fuel tank half empty? Hey! I've still got a full half tank of petrol to last me before I get paid!! Think positive!

I think, therefore I am. (Descartes);) :-6
Carolly

Memories

Post by Carolly »

weinbeck;625297 wrote: Every bit as haunting as yesterday's presentation. Thus said, I'm sure all that mirror needs is a bit of Windolene, and it'll come up sparkling! There are more ways than one to look at life. Fuel tank half empty? Hey! I've still got a full half tank of petrol to last me before I get paid!! Think positive!

I think, therefore I am. (Descartes);) :-6What can I say lol;) Regards to you and thanks for your interest in my poems.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Carolly

Memories

Post by Carolly »

ThePheasant;624867 wrote: :-4 What a very moving poem .... speechless :-4Oh thanks Pheasy......it always means so much to me when someone enjoys what I write and bothers to tell me.Without that you dont know if people do enjoy it and I tend to hold back as I dont want to bore everyone!Thanks for that x;)
Pheasy

Memories

Post by Pheasy »

Carolly;625307 wrote: Oh thanks Pheasy......it always means so much to me when someone enjoys what I write and bothers to tell me.Without that you dont know if people do enjoy it and I tend to hold back as I dont want to bore everyone!Thanks for that x;)

It is a very moving poem Carolly. Hit me to the core. (hence PM). I am really bad at poetry, its a great gift. A wonderful way of expressing an emotion, a feeling, or a life time of both. :-4
Carolly

Memories

Post by Carolly »

ThePheasant;625308 wrote: It is a very moving poem Carolly. Hit me to the core. (hence PM). I am really bad at poetry, its a great gift. A wonderful way of expressing an emotion, a feeling, or a life time of both. :-4Want to know something? I had never read a poem in my life or indeed ever wrote one, then I had quite a big spiritual encounter........the sort of stuff that you read about and think.....oh ye lol!But it did happen and it taught me alot and one of those thing was poetry. I was getting up at all strange times in the night and it was just flowing out of me like a river with no ending. a couple have helped people through difficult times and one that comes to mind I will put on maybe later. I look back on my life and like so many I have had some real crap times but I was given the gift of singing, poetry and making people laugh which has to be one of the best gifts you can possess and if I had to go through certain times in my life to be able to own them well it would have been worth the journey. Nothing is ever free in life and one way or another we all pay the price of some happiness in it..........I still am but also so many others are also and I guess thats what lessons in life are all about and no lesson no matter what it is not easy. Thanks Pheasy for your commentsx
Ali.

Memories

Post by Ali. »

:yh_hugs Carol beautifull as usual very moving and so true.We all have our moments some express them better than others tho,and thats wot u do lovely.
kazalala

Memories

Post by kazalala »

I still have the poem the lonely lady u sent me all that time ago when we first met Carol. As you know it inspired me to write a couple myself, which i mainly just keep for myself. But i always think,, someone or something brought you to me that day, the first time we spoke for ages on msn, and i told you things that i never even told friends i have known longer, and something else strange, i showed feelings and emotions, which i dont usually do. I so needed to talk that day, and there you were.

Carol you have had a very interesting and eventful life, and knowing you,, it aint over yet babe!!:wah: :-4 :-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Memories

Post by Carolly »

Ali.;625527 wrote: :yh_hugs Carol beautifull as usual very moving and so true.We all have our moments some express them better than others tho,and thats wot u do lovely.
Ali we met when I first came on the internet and although you live all those miles away I have always regarded you as a very dear friend and we have have had sad moments "together" but my goodness we have had so many laughs as well. Thanks for your comments Ali.........means alotxxx
Carolly

Memories

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;625539 wrote: I still have the poem the lonely lady u sent me all that time ago when we first met Carol. As you know it inspired me to write a couple myself, which i mainly just keep for myself. But i always think,, someone or something brought you to me that day, the first time we spoke for ages on msn, and i told you things that i never even told friends i have known longer, and something else strange, i showed feelings and emotions, which i dont usually do. I so needed to talk that day, and there you were.

Carol you have had a very interesting and eventful life, and knowing you,, it aint over yet babe!!:wah: :-4 :-4
Kaz we laugh we joke we even insult one another on our friends thread but we both know we can always talk to each other in times of trouble and you also have been there for me more than once. You have been a loyal friend Kaz and I am so thankful to this machine bringing us together;) xxx
kazalala

Memories

Post by kazalala »

Carol lies in bed

with poems in her head

she has a tin shed

its very posh (she said)

Sometimes she howls

Sometimes she growls

Sometimes we laff

from the bottom of our bowels

But in the end

She is my friend

i wont pretend

it will never end

:D :wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Memories

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;625633 wrote: Carol lies in bed

with poems in her head

she has a tin shed

Excuse Me?????????CHEEK!!!!!!!!!:-5 :yh_rotfl
kazalala

Memories

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;626177 wrote: Excuse Me?????????CHEEK!!!!!!!!!:-5 :yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Memories

Post by G#Gill »

:guitarist

Carol, we have more in common than I care to admit. Show biz, getting old. I need to go to Boots for their new cream matey !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Debo

Memories

Post by Debo »

"WOW"

what a wonderful and emotional poem.

It truely speaks volumes of truth.
Carolly

Memories

Post by Carolly »

My God Debo where did you dig this up fromI wrote this ages ago and tell you something I have looked for a copy of it everywhere and cant find one and Ive had it here all the time!!Thankyou so much for bringing it back .....I know Ive got a couple of others here I wrote also but blimey just forgot I put this one here.........oh gawd the brain is going!!!!A big thankyou for that.......we all know that memories can be painful at times I guess and that is why I wrote it.
Debo

Memories

Post by Debo »

Well I'm new here so I was flipping through old pages that many of you

Have not enjoyed for a while seeing as you have already been there read that.

And I'm very pleased to have help you out. Anytime, Anytime.

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”