Darkness

theia

Darkness

Post by theia »

That reads to me as very sad, Pinky...beautifully written...and sad.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
CheshireCat

Darkness

Post by CheshireCat »

Beautiful! But so melancholy.
"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
abbey

Darkness

Post by abbey »

Pinky wrote: Out in the distance

across the night sky

past glittering stars

my mind starts to fly.

Searching for answers

searching in vain

as empty as space

as vivid as pain.

I know not where I am

Nor where I've been

as yet where I'm going

Remains to be seen.

Black clouds are surrounding,

nothing else can I see

there is no horizon

No sunrise for me.Lovely.

You ok sweety?
OpenMind

Darkness

Post by OpenMind »

Pinky wrote: Out in the distance

across the night sky

past glittering stars

my mind starts to fly.

Searching for answers

searching in vain

as empty as space

as vivid as pain.

I know not where I am

Nor where I've been

as yet where I'm going

Remains to be seen.

Black clouds are surrounding,

nothing else can I see

there is no horizon

No sunrise for me.

Pinky, that's beautiful. It tells me you are a seeker.
OpenMind

Darkness

Post by OpenMind »

Clancy wrote: I like that. A lot. If I set that to music, are you willing to go 50-50 ?? ;)

I'm thinking piano/guitar based, so we need Chonsi to tickle the ivories .....we'll get Unc, to design the stage set, and double up on guitar. :guitarist

Dye your hair red again, short skirt......wear the boots. :)

I say 'go for it' Clancy. It would be great to see a collaborative effort 'twixt you guys.
OpenMind

Darkness

Post by OpenMind »

Pinky wrote: If you can make a tune for it, I'll write a bit more of it. Deal.

Yes, it is sad. My friends don't tend to feel comfortable with the 'sad' me...they're used to the positive, everything-is-ok laughy jokey me.

So, That's my outlet!

Yet, I don't see it as sad so much as a yearning, Pinky.
OpenMind

Darkness

Post by OpenMind »

Pinky wrote: It is, I suppose. That's why I deleted the last one I posted.

I wish I could just learn to be happy the way other people seem to be.

I know I am going to regret saying all this tomorrow, as I don't let people in all that easily. There is always something missing, and I don't know what.

I feel sad for BR, sad for all the squashed dreams that are hidden away, sad for the happy endings that never come.

I do aplogise, I'll be back to normal happy pinky tomorrow!

As some could tell you here, I have let some painful inner feelings out, but I got nothing but love for it.

But happiness would never be known if it weren't for the yearning, the pain, the sadness, and so on. You can't have one without the other.

When people seem happy, it's because they have known this pain too.
OpenMind

Darkness

Post by OpenMind »

Pinky wrote: Thank you for being so nice. It doesn't happen very often, but I just have these bouts of 'sad' occasionally. I don't know what to do with myself when they happen, noe does anyone that knows me! They just tend to kind of leave me alone until it passes, because they don't know how to react. I can't blame them for that. Sometimes all you need is a genuine caring hug, and there's no-one around to give you one. That's what really makes me feel very alone.

I understand. I've even had these myself. Now, I feel that I'm closer to understanding my role and purpose in life. Plus, I had to let go of my past in which there was a lot of pain.

But you are yearning and that is good. When I was younger than you are now, I used to translate my sadness, my anger, my despair and all my negative emotions into lyrics.

Then I went through a long period known by some as 'the dark night of the soul'.

It is part of growing because we never stop you know. In the meantime, that you can express your feelings lyrically gives something that we can all share. That is the great thing about being human, there are so many ways we can share and it becomes an exquisite experience. Never be afraid to share your feelings. You'd be surprised how many people will have shared those feelings or may yet have them to come.

God bless you, Pinky. You're human with soul and that shows the more whan you express yourself like this.:-4
Bryn Mawr

Darkness

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Pinky wrote: The 'Dark night of the soul' seems to inspire the creative in me, so if something productive comes out of it, then at least I won't fel so embarrassed once I feel a bit better about things!

Not only something positive for you, Pinky, but illumination and help for others of us in the Garden.

Thank you.
OpenMind

Darkness

Post by OpenMind »

Pinky wrote: The 'Dark night of the soul' seems to inspire the creative in me, so if something productive comes out of it, then at least I won't fel so embarrassed once I feel a bit better about things!

I found that to understand a deeply negative emotion, it helped not to resist it but to wallow in it. Let it be expressed, don't hold it in, that will warp and block up your energy system.
Bryn Mawr

Darkness

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Pinky wrote: It's very very hard for me to do that. It was hard enough for me to post my stuff here without coming back and deleting it, which is what I did last time.

I always think others are going to think my stuff is amateurish and rubbish, which it probably is, but I also feel bad about letting others know what goes on in my head sometimes. TBH, it makes me feel like a loony. I know I am a bit nuts, but in a good way! For someone that advises others most of the time, I should at least feel balanced within myself! I feel like a total fraud.

Try "human" - it's a much better description.
OpenMind

Darkness

Post by OpenMind »

Pinky wrote: It's very very hard for me to do that. It was hard enough for me to post my stuff here without coming back and deleting it, which is what I did last time.

I always think others are going to think my stuff is amateurish and rubbish, which it probably is, but I also feel bad about letting others know what goes on in my head sometimes. TBH, it makes me feel like a loony. I know I am a bit nuts, but in a good way! For someone that advises others most of the time, I should at least feel balanced within myself! I feel like a total fraud.

Firstly, I didn't express my meaning properly. When wallowing, you can share it, but it's most important that you express it so you hear and understand it.

As for advising people? Isn't it mental? But your experiences and/or your understanding gives you the ability. Your pain comes from being sensitive and receptive. That's good in the long run.

later, when you're more comfortable with sharing your emotions with yourself, you'll be able to share it with others at the same time. You'll be surprised at the positive response you'll get. You can take that from somebody who knows from experience.:-4
cherandbuster

Darkness

Post by cherandbuster »

Pinky my dear, dear friend --

I found your poem moving and simply breathtaking. Breathtaking.

Here in the Garden we accept you unconditionally, warts and all. Who, after all, doesn't have some darkness and sadness within? You are so very safe with us. We will always be here to listen.

We love the light and funny side of you. We love the dark and sad side of you.

Please know that we embrace all you, my love :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

OpenMind

Darkness

Post by OpenMind »

cherandbuster wrote: Who, after all, doesn't have some darkness and sadness within?

Surely not you also, Cher! I could never believe this from a good soul like yourself.:D :-4
cherandbuster

Darkness

Post by cherandbuster »

OpenMind wrote: Surely not you also, Cher! I could never believe this from a good soul like yourself.:D :-4

Oh my friend Ommmmm

I used to have more of them

But then I got older and wiser

And now I let them happen, wallow in them, and then be finished

Just like you said to Pinky

Looks like you are a wise man yourself :-4

No surprise there :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

OpenMind

Darkness

Post by OpenMind »

cherandbuster wrote: Oh my friend Ommmmm

I used to have more of them

But then I got older and wiser

And now I let them happen, wallow in them, and then be finished

Just like you said to Pinky

Looks like you are a wise man yourself :-4

No surprise there :-6

You are indeed a good soul, Cher. Your words always cheer me up. I should think you cheer us all up with your love.:-4
cherandbuster

Darkness

Post by cherandbuster »

OpenMind wrote: You are indeed a good soul, Cher. Your words always cheer me up. I should think you cheer us all up with your love.:-4

Wow Ommm

That is really nice

You've made my heart smile :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

OpenMind

Darkness

Post by OpenMind »

cherandbuster wrote: Wow Ommm

That is really nice

You've made my heart smile :-6

If I were close enough, I would give you a hug. Perhaps you can hug someone for me.;)
cherandbuster

Darkness

Post by cherandbuster »

OpenMind wrote: If I were close enough, I would give you a hug. Perhaps you can hug someone for me.;)

Buster says "thank you"! (He got my hug!)
Live Life with

PASSION

ARgi

Darkness

Post by ARgi »

the urgent pace really added to this. it read like a heartbeat. very good.

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”