Radio Treatment

orangesox1

Radio Treatment

Post by orangesox1 »

Desperatly need help.

I have to write a radio treatment for my English assignment, but I am not exactly sure what a treatment is.:confused:

From What I understand, I have to do the research for the interview and write the questions I want to ask. I then have to gather and write down the information on the expected response from the person I am interviewing.

Does anyone know if I am on the right track with this idea, or am I totally wrong. I can't seem to find much info at all on what a treatment is.:-3

spot

Radio Treatment

Post by spot »

This applies to films, you'd think radio had a similar language:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

A treatment or more properly film treatment is a short piece of prose, typically one printed page long or less, intended to be turned into a screenplay for a motion picture. It is generally shorter and less detailed than either an outline or a step outline but it may include details of directorial style that an outline omits.

Treatments are widely used within the motion picture industry as selling documents, whereas outlines are generally produced as part of the development process.

You might read http://weekendamerica.publicradio.org/pitchastory/ too
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
orangesox1

Radio Treatment

Post by orangesox1 »

spot wrote: This applies to films, you'd think radio had a similar language:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

A treatment or more properly film treatment is a short piece of prose, typically one printed page long or less, intended to be turned into a screenplay for a motion picture. It is generally shorter and less detailed than either an outline or a step outline but it may include details of directorial style that an outline omits.

Treatments are widely used within the motion picture industry as selling documents, whereas outlines are generally produced as part of the development process.

You might read http://weekendamerica.publicradio.org/pitchastory/ too

Thanks Spot,

I'll have a look at that as it sounds like the same thing. I am not supposed to write a full script but something that can be made into one eventually.

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”