an article on conformists.

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Y'all will give my a little leeway, since I haven't been around to respond to this twit, right?

hadji wrote: i've not been rude to anybody, and i've simply tryed to say my peice. the fact that people are ignoring me, just shows me how immature most of them are, especially ladycop, i never said anything rude to her, i took the advice i received, and changed the post that she referred to. i cant see what pissed people off so much? i introduced myself, and frankly, i think after hearing what most of you had to say (not all of you of course) that this forum is generally a waste of bandwith.
A) you were VERY rude, and sarcastic from the word "go."

B) the beautiful thing about a forum like this is that we can reply to or ignore anyone we choose. You don't like it? Oh well, you'll get over it, or you won't. It's called reality, here's a dose for you. When you tell one of the most popular and well-thought of members here to mind their own business, the rest of us are going to call you on it. The fact that you don't think you were rude proves to me just how self-centered you are.

C) if this forum is such a waste of bandwidth (apparently, you must be WAY smarter than the 2,000+ members we have) then I'm guessing you won't be wasting anymore of your precious time on us, right? Great! That makes it much easier on all of us. Thanks.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

BabyRider wrote: if this forum is such a waste of bandwidth (apparently, you must be WAY smarter than the 2,000+ members we have) then I'm guessing you won't be wasting anymore of your precious time on us, right?
I guess not, I see he's been back since denouncing the place. Figures. Pffft.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Jives

Post by Jives »

hadji wrote: you have got me way misunderstood on that matter. i wasnt trying to offend anywbody, i understand, that to some degree, everybody , including myself (i knew that from the start, and wasnt try to hide), is a conformist in some way, or "brainwashed" by the media.

OK...I'll give you that. Now you'll have to explain what this thread is all about, though. I thought you were upset with the fact that "MuchMedia" controls a lot of what people hear and like on the market. If you're not against them, then what is it that you are talking about?

if this is the way people think i was trying to act, im afraid you're mistaken. i really wasnt trying to seem better than anybody.

Ok..then I was wrong about you and I apologize.

yeah, see, i've been involved in a few boards before (local music scene development forums etc.) and having a lot of posts on there, didnt generally make you any moer popular then other people.

True enough. One of the owners of this board, Anastrophe, doesn't have a particularly high post count, but when he does post, watch out. You'd better have your ducks in a row before debating him. I guess that's what's throwing me off. I don't really understand your whole position. What is it you like or dislike? What do you want to change and how? Can you clarify?

i just did really care to realise that ladycop was so popular (though knowing that, probably wouldnt have stop me from sending her those "rude" pms.

Again, Ok, now you know but let's get back on topic. I am actually interested in what you have to say, and I'd like to know more about this "MuchMusic" Media giant. If you are implying that mass media is bad for people, then I'm actually on your side. I have big problems with the kinds of messages that TV, Music, and Movies are sending to us and our families.

So how about it? What were you really trying to say?:confused:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
minks

Post by minks »

Ok Now that we are all clear on the manners of the board come on back to discuss your topic. You have some very typical "youth thoughts" and again I think media exposes you to choices. Youth seem to react as you say conforming as they believe that is what media wants. When really you are still not mature enough to NOT go with the flow.

What are some of your hobbies? What brand of clothing do you like the best? What brand to you wear? Who buys your clothing? What kind of music do you like, where did you first hear some of the artists you like?

See media offered up choices to you, you chose them. Can you change your choices or do you want to if yes then your a non-conformist. If you don't wanna change then you conformed.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

What was this thread about again? Conformists? Isn't there a great Bertolluchi film caled "The Conformist" looks like Kubrick, but is about some Italian during the Nazi era? Why are people so obsessed with being individuals? We are individuals anyway, why do we need to shout it from the rooftops, oh well if your 17 I suppose you do to annoy your parents.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
gmc

Post by gmc »

To pick up on one of the points in the first post

posted by hadj

To be able to form an opinion means to have the ability to critically analyze an idea, and develop a distinct (although commonly not unique) view point on the subject.

When an opinion has been formed, it means that a person has considered the subject, and has chosen to understand the facts, ideas, or claims (or lack there of) presented as they may.

No it doesn't and no the person hasn't. Many people hold opinions without actually thinking about why they have such an opinion or even being conscious that they have an opinion that they should perhaps think about. Try asking a bigot or a racist why they think the way they do, you'll get an inarticulate grunt or a series of well thought out arguements based on misconceptions, wrong information-the English language is full of words to describe such arguements, spurious, specious,-or just sheer blind faith that brooks no discussion, which is why we have words like bigot in the first place.

Oftentimes someone will post an opinion they think well thought out with analogoies and references in common. When someone says cobblers they get upset because

a) not being British they don't realise that cobblers is a relatively polite way of saying you are talking a load of rubbish, (balderdash is a bit pretentious and North Americans are confused as it is without introducing any bigger words to the conversation)

b) never having been required to think things through they find themselves in the position of being unable to articulate their point of view in a manner that gets their point across.

having had their faith in their own perspicacity thus shattered they crawl away in disgust convinced they are misunderstood throwing insults over their shoulder convinced someone will care what they think.

I's more fun if you stand your corner and try and persuade someone to your point of view. It's even more fun if nobody agrees with you. After all what is the point of a discussion forum if everybody agrees with each other? You need to practice thinking to get used to it.

What is Much music? Is it some obscure canadian music channel that nodody has heard of or what?
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

hey GMC....what about codswollop? i like that myself. :)
minks

Post by minks »

Galbally wrote: What was this thread about again? Conformists? Isn't there a great Bertolluchi film caled "The Conformist" looks like Kubrick, but is about some Italian during the Nazi era? Why are people so obsessed with being individuals? We are individuals anyway, why do we need to shout it from the rooftops, oh well if your 17 I suppose you do to annoy your parents.
mass production caused us to doubt our individuality!! Way more economical to pump out 25 billion NIKE shirts with one white swoosh on it than it is to make individual styles.

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

gmc wrote: To pick up on one of the points in the first post

posted by hadj

No it doesn't and no the person hasn't. Many people hold opinions without actually thinking about why they have such an opinion or even being conscious that they have an opinion that they should perhaps think about. Try asking a bigot or a racist why they think the way they do, you'll get an inarticulate grunt or a series of well thought out arguements based on misconceptions, wrong information-the English language is full of words to describe such arguements, spurious, specious,-or just sheer blind faith that brooks no discussion, which is why we have words like bigot in the first place.

Oftentimes someone will post an opinion they think well thought out with analogoies and references in common. When someone says cobblers they get upset because

a) not being British they don't realise that cobblers is a relatively polite way of saying you are talking a load of rubbish, (balderdash is a bit pretentious and North Americans are confused as it is without introducing any bigger words to the conversation)

b) never having been required to think things through they find themselves in the position of being unable to articulate their point of view in a manner that gets their point across.

having had their faith in their own perspicacity thus shattered they crawl away in disgust convinced they are misunderstood throwing insults over their shoulder convinced someone will care what they think.

I's more fun if you stand your corner and try and persuade someone to your point of view. It's even more fun if nobody agrees with you. After all what is the point of a discussion forum if everybody agrees with each other? You need to practice thinking to get used to it.

What is Much music? Is it some obscure canadian music channel that nodody has heard of or what?

HEY it spans an entire nation ya know !!! much music that is

― Mae West
hadji

Post by hadji »

Jives wrote: OK...I'll give you that. Now you'll have to explain what this thread is all about, though. I thought you were upset with the fact that "MuchMedia" controls a lot of what people hear and like on the market. If you're not against them, then what is it that you are talking about?

Ok..then I was wrong about you and I apologize.

True enough. One of the owners of this board, Anastrophe, doesn't have a particularly high post count, but when he does post, watch out. You'd better have your ducks in a row before debating him. I guess that's what's throwing me off. I don't really understand your whole position. What is it you like or dislike? What do you want to change and how? Can you clarify?

Again, Ok, now you know but let's get back on topic. I am actually interested in what you have to say, and I'd like to know more about this "MuchMusic" Media giant. If you are implying that mass media is bad for people, then I'm actually on your side. I have big problems with the kinds of messages that TV, Music, and Movies are sending to us and our families.

So how about it? What were you really trying to say?:confused:

about Much Music. i didnt mean to make it seem like that's what i based the article on. i was actually just using them as a reference (i chose Much because i meant to post the article on a local forum where i live, and Much is something almost everyone here can relate to) a reference to every single media corporation that uses what i call "traps" to get people into whatever they're trying to sell.

(when i say traps, i mean the marketing that the company does, to sell what it wants to sell. "much music sells the music that they can make the most money off of." people see the music being pushed on tv, and they think, its on tv, it must be cool. and then everybody starts trending that band, or fad, or style (you can chose any market that sells, and targets people as an example.)

it seems some people thought that i was upset about much music. if i were to get upset with them, i would be upset not with just them, but with the people that trend fads pushed on much music. because some fads are really really annoying. but like i said, im not even getting upset with that, i like to make more passive critism (joking about them with my friends) if i ever say anything about them.

the essence of my article is that i dont feel comfortable, and maybe a little worried, about the way the Mass Media Enitity (every media entity yuo can imagine) combined together can control, in some ways, other people.

what i really wanted people to get from this article, was that i wanted them to have something to tihnk about. i didnt want to push my opinions on anyone, i wanted to show my opinion on the matter to people, and let them form there own opinion on the matter.
hadji

Post by hadji »

Galbally wrote: oh well if your 17 I suppose you do to annoy your parents.
i take that as an insult.

my life doesnt revolve around the subject at all. the only reason i wrote the article was because i had the idea, and thought id run with it.

i like to think that at least im not running around, doing stupid **** like drugs.

and my parents know nothing of my thoughts and opinions on anything. and they couldnt give a rats ass anyways.
hadji

Post by hadji »

BabyRider wrote: Y'all will give my a little leeway, since I haven't been around to respond to this twit, right?

A) you were VERY rude, and sarcastic from the word "go."

B) the beautiful thing about a forum like this is that we can reply to or ignore anyone we choose. You don't like it? Oh well, you'll get over it, or you won't. It's called reality, here's a dose for you. When you tell one of the most popular and well-thought of members here to mind their own business, the rest of us are going to call you on it. The fact that you don't think you were rude proves to me just how self-centered you are.

C) if this forum is such a waste of bandwidth (apparently, you must be WAY smarter than the 2,000+ members we have) then I'm guessing you won't be wasting anymore of your precious time on us, right? Great! That makes it much easier on all of us. Thanks.
you have to understand, i wasnt trying to be rude. to anybody, at all, until everybody started to call me rude (because i think they misunderstood some of my article) and i got a little upset. everyone thought i was trynig to be rude, and people blocked me.thats when i started to actually get rude.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

hadji, let's try this again. i raised three sons, i understand and LIKE teenage boys, and cut them every break i can.i was considered a cool mom. i am also a cop who puts up with no **** whatsoever. now aren't there teeneybopper forums? i have a suggestion...go to home page, find 'introductions'. do an intro thread and start over. you'll recieve a warm welcome. and you WERE rude to me pal. let's get over it. you'll make it or break it on your own here. quit with the pretentiousness.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

SnoozeControl wrote: There've been several people that tried to take this thread seriously, but all Hadji seems interested in is arguing.

I'm outta here.he wants to 'win'. he isn't going to win. so he's embarrassed. don't leave.
hadji

Post by hadji »

SnoozeControl wrote: There've been several people that tried to take this thread seriously, but all Hadji seems interested in is arguing.

I'm outta here.
see, there it happened again. i wasnt arguing, if you read my last few posts, somebody asked me to better explain myself about the article so i did.

but when somebody insults me on here, i kind of want to defend myself (like when that guy said i was oinly trying to annoy my parents.)
hadji

Post by hadji »

lady cop wrote: he wants to 'win'. he isn't going to win. so he's embarrassed. don't leave.
im not trying to win anything????

why do you think im trying to win anything?
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

hadji wrote: im not trying to win anything????

why do you think im trying to win anything?jesus kid, did you read my prior post? ( #164) get over yourself.
hadji

Post by hadji »

lady cop wrote: hadji, let's try this again. i raised three sons, i understand and LIKE teenage boys, and cut them every break i can.i was considered a cool mom. i am also a cop who puts up with no **** whatsoever. now aren't there teeneybopper forums? i have a suggestion...go to home page, find 'introductions'. do an intro thread and start over. you'll recieve a warm welcome. and you WERE rude to me pal. let's get over it. you'll make it or break it on your own here. quit with the pretentiousness.
i actually dont have alot of time on the forums, though i'd like to, replying to the posts i got in here has takin up too much of my time. i work every day after school, and get up very early. so when i get more time, i'll try to make some more threads. i do have some other ideas for threads that might be less of a dramatic situation.(dramatic situations are fun to watch, but sometimes you get caught in the middle of one, haha, whatever)
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

hadji wrote: i actually dont have alot of time on the forums, though i'd like to, replying to the posts i got in here has takin up too much of my time. i work every day after school, and get up very early. so when i get more time, i'll try to make some more threads. i do have some other ideas for threads that might be less of a dramatic situation.(dramatic situations are fun to watch, but sometimes you get caught in the middle of one, haha, whatever)oh, you can post reams here and have no time for an intro post?
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

teeneybopper forum! where are you????
hadji

Post by hadji »

lady cop wrote: jesus kid, did you read my prior post? ( #164) get over yourself.
cant you tell im trying to start kind of fresh in this thread?

give me a break, its hard to try and get past this without everyone of your posts seeming to be hurtful. "kid" and other such terms. keep calling me that, and saying stuff, but try to understand, im trying start more discussion.
hadji

Post by hadji »

lady cop wrote: teeneybopper forum! where are you????
im involved in more forums then this one.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i am trying to help you here...trust me...go do an intro post.
hadji

Post by hadji »

lady cop wrote: oh, you can post reams here and have no time for an intro post?
i apoligize, i was just browsing the internet for a good forum site (try and start some talk) and i found this one, it seemed like a good place to post it, i just didnt really think an intro post was nessecary. (with so many people on here, i didnt even think anybody would read my article, much less, read my Intro thread)
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

hadji wrote: i apoligize, i was just browsing the internet for a good forum site (try and start some talk) and i found this one, it seemed like a good place to post it, i just didnt really think an intro post was nessecary. (with so many people on here, i didnt even think anybody would read my article, much less, read my Intro thread)well you'd be surprised. :)
hadji

Post by hadji »

lady cop wrote: i am trying to help you here...trust me...go do an intro post.
i really dont have enoguh time to respond to another thread til the weekend, so im going to have to wait til then.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

hadji wrote: i really dont have enoguh time to respond to it til the weekend, so im going to have to wait til then.*sigh* it would take two minutes.
hadji

Post by hadji »

lady cop wrote: well you'd be surprised. :)
certainly i was.
hadji

Post by hadji »

lady cop wrote: *sigh* it would take two minutes.

i dont want peolpe tothink im ignoring them, by not responding for a couple days.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

post the damn thing! i'll be the first to welcome you. good grief.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

you can come back in a couple days and enjoy the replies.
hadji

Post by hadji »

lady cop wrote: post the damn thing! i'll be the first to welcome you. good grief.
haha, on friday. im going to bed now. (its midnight here, and i need to wake up at 6 tomorrow. need my beauty sleep)
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

aaahhhgggghhhhh!teenagers!!
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

lady cop wrote: aaahhhgggghhhhh!teenagers!!
*Big announcer guy voice*

not just any teenager LC...

it's a Teenie-bopper Troll!!

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

StupidCowboyTricks

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

SnoozeControl wrote: Hadji never would've gotten this many responses if he hadn't been such a little jerk... I wonder if he's actually manipulated us all.:sneaky:

This looks like a thread out of " Wicked Moon":-3
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

StupidCowboyTricks wrote: This looks like a thread out " Wicked Moon":-3i really don't think so. it's not nasty enough.
StupidCowboyTricks

lady cop wrote: i really don't think so. it's not nasty enough.

.......:-3 yes it is, I heard Jay

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

StupidCowboyTricks wrote: .......:-3 yes it is, I heard Jay
who?

oh, right. nevermind. i forgot i don't care.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

StupidCowboyTricks

Wolverine wrote: who?

oh, right. nevermind. i forgot i don't care.

:-3 is it because your proctologist had cold hands?

gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by hadj

about Much Music. i didnt mean to make it seem like that's what i based the article on. i was actually just using them as a reference (i chose Much because i meant to post the article on a local forum where i live, and Much is something almost everyone here can relate to) a reference to every single media corporation that uses what i call "traps" to get people into whatever they're trying to sell.

Actually most people have never heard of it, it's either a really obscure radio station or a generic term you have invented. I can't decide which. Any radio station will have a target audience, if you are not attracted to that type of music the odds are you won't tune in and even less your buying patterns will be influenced by it.

posted by hadj

you have to understand, i wasnt trying to be rude. to anybody, at all, until everybody started to call me rude (because i think they misunderstood some of my article) and i got a little upset. everyone thought i was trynig to be rude, and people blocked me.thats when i started to actually get rude.

You posted a rambling semi articulate article and post that came across as an ill thought outt discourse on something you obviously care about but it read as if you were writing in English as a second language.

You got a response from most that basically said what are you talking about. So you decide we are all too thick to understand what you are trying to say.

Rough rule of thumb, if you are rying to get a point across to a group of people and 99.99% don't get what you are talking about the odds are you are not expressing yourself very well, not that they are too thick to understand. Telepathy doesn't work, if you can't express yourself and can't learn how to life is very frustrating.

posted by minks

HEY it spans an entire nation ya know !!! much music that is

So what is it?

posted by ladycop

hey GMC....what about codswollop? i like that myself.

:eek: Thought they fed you on doughnuts. Round here it seems to be mainly chinese carryouts the police live on.
ComfortablyNumb

Post by ComfortablyNumb »

I think that Hadji was under pressure to complete a homework assignment!

Unfortunately the arrogance of youth came through in his posts and he smegged it.

Entertaining thread though.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

I think one thing this young man has managed to do, is too keep loads of people posting for days, which to my mind is impressive, even he did it by being able to annoy people into reseponding to him. Hadji, I wasn't trying to insult you, I was just making an observation that these sorts of ideas in general only tend to worry people when they are younger, thats why I assumed you were about 17. There is no point in getting insulted on the forum, because no one knows you, only your posts, and you can't expect people to love you if you jump in with a difficult to understand post on a topic that most of us got over a long, long time ago. Doesn't mean that what you are saying is stupid or that you are stupid either, just listen to what the other members are telling you about how to introduce yourself, have a look at some threads to judge what people are like, and what annoys them, and then carry on posting.

Yours, non-individual 65748-87(0)-986#6

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
StupidCowboyTricks

Galbally wrote: I think one thing this young man has managed to do, is too keep loads of people posting for days, which to my mind is impressive, even he did it by being able to annoy people into reseponding to him. Hadji, I wasn't trying to insult you, I was just making an observation that these sorts of ideas in general only tend to worry people when they are younger, thats why I assumed you were about 17. There is no point in getting insulted on the forum, because no one knows you, only your posts, and you can't expect people to love you if you jump in with a difficult to understand post on a topic that most of us got over a long, long time ago. Doesn't mean that what you are saying is stupid or that you are stupid either, just listen to what the other members are telling you about how to introduce yourself, have a look at some threads to judge what people are like, and what annoys them, and then carry on posting.

Yours, non-individual 65748-87(0)-986#6

hadj

:-3 -"don't trust anyone over 30"

Galbally

Post by Galbally »

StupidCowboyTricks wrote: hadj

:-3 -"don't trust anyone over 30"

This is good advice, as I would walk over your dying body to pay my car insurance if it suited me! :wah:

Though I would probably ring for an abulance, eventually.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
StupidCowboyTricks

Galbally wrote: This is good advice, as I would walk over your dying body to pay my car insurance if it suited me! :wah:

Though I would probably ring for an abulance, eventually.

" Don't trust anyone under 50"

Galbally

Post by Galbally »

StupidCowboyTricks wrote: " Don't trust anyone under 50"

Good post, except that the last 2 words are unnecessary.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
StupidCowboyTricks

Galbally wrote: Good post, except that the last 2 words are unnecessary.

BINGO!

"It's just a new twist to an ancient"Baby Boomer"creed.://">

Return to “Poetry Writing Forum”